Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deanscroft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2013, 20:50
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 38
Default NIE Numbers and Green cards

We both have registered as apartment owners and have NIE numbers although we are not residents.
However we are informed that in order to carry out certain transactions we need to obtain a Green Card.
Does anyone have experience of this and if it is necessary how do you obtain one as a non resident?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 28-04-2013, 22:05
Sparky's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port de Pollença
Posts: 17,938

Hi Jamesfshaw, you don't say which transactions you mean but yes you do need to be registered as a resident for some things. By "Green card" i assume you mean the residents certificate so do have a look at this link "http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...residency.html", things do change quite quickly but it will give you a good idea of how to go about obtaining this.
Living the dream in PP with my glass half full. "Resistiré" .
Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 19:08
Deanscroft's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Puerto Pollenca
Posts: 479

Be careful - you only apply for residency if you are here for more than 182 days of the year and you then become a tax resident which means you need to submit a yearly tax return.
lollipop likes this.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Green shoots...? kate1 Miscellaneous 37 18-05-2011 18:38
Visitor Numbers Down? James Miscellaneous 36 20-09-2010 16:15
The green, green grass of home !!! BonysLad Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca 24 23-05-2010 11:18
Mister Green ? rocksalt Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca 3 30-07-2008 22:08
pin numbers in PP y parc Miscellaneous 3 04-06-2005 00:25

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011