Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 12:50
Banned

Sounds great. Can't wait to try out the trendy bistro ASAP.
Just shows how you can tranform such a basic, scruffy building.
Wish them well.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 13:57

Any new hotel is to be welcomed in PP and I hope the Mar Calma is a success.
However, I do have doubts about the location and size, not the least of which is its' neighbour, O Haras, the area around which can get very noisy and the noise from cars, lorries and coaches on the road junction. The rooms are very well appointed and sound proofed but the balconies have no view to speak of and are noisy. Added to this, I did not see any restaurant as such and would prefer a 4* hotel to have this facility. No doubt others will have other views and only time will tell but my impression is one of a business hotel, spotlessly clean but with no atmosphere and in the wrong place.
Old 02-06-2012, 14:37
Super Moderator

Tonsyl it does have a bar/bistro which is also open to the general public. Or do you mean a dining room/ restaurant solely for the use of hotel guests?.
Old 02-06-2012, 15:35

I would like to have seen a specific dining room for hotel guests, fully inside the building. The area alongside O'Haras is too open and far too noisy for me but, others will have their own views.
Sparky likes this.
Old 02-06-2012, 22:57
Under Moderation

Good luck in your new job Carlos! My mum and dad (margaret and frank Dawson) are coming out to stay in the new hotel in a couple of weeks time and are looking forward to it. We all loved the Eolo and had many happy holidays spent there! Best wishes Janice
Old 04-06-2012, 17:08

Hi Carlos. Good news. Could you send me a personal message with the hotel contact number.
Regards to Carolina. Love Nick and Lorraine
Old 04-06-2012, 17:36
Super Moderator

Mallorcaboy you will find the contact details here :- Hotels, Apartments - Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Mallorca Majorca
Old 05-06-2012, 19:38

Hi Carlos,

Dont know if you remember but we popped in to see you a couple of days ago at the Mar Calma (you were doing an evening shift to cover for a colleague) and you invited us to come and view the hotel rooms next morning, but unfotunately we were unable to get back to you, before flying back home to Cold, wet England.

Must say the place looks really great and definitely suits you.

Fit as a Butchers!

Best wishes with your move from the Eolo and good luck in the new position.
Hope to see you in September.

Colin and Beverley Patton (Eolo Sept 2011)
Old 08-06-2012, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonsyl View Post
Any new hotel is to be welcomed in PP and I hope the Mar Calma is a success.
However, I do have doubts about the location and size, not the least of which is its' neighbour, O Haras, the area around which can get very noisy and the noise from cars, lorries and coaches on the road junction. The rooms are very well appointed and sound proofed but the balconies have no view to speak of and are noisy. Added to this, I did not see any restaurant as such and would prefer a 4* hotel to have this facility. No doubt others will have other views and only time will tell but my impression is one of a business hotel, spotlessly clean but with no atmosphere and in the wrong place.
Tend to agree with that, it's slap bang middle of the noisiest part of the port, if you are a early bedder or noise disturbs you then i doubt it is for you , but if you have already stayed in the Eolo, then you would have already known that and be quite happy to stay there. The 2 bars next to it are open to all hours, so you should bear that in mind, my own apt is just across from a bar which is open all hours, the bars not a problem in itself, but the customers are.

Anyway the hotel looks top notch and i personaly would love to stay there.
Old 11-06-2012, 13:09

I agree with you Smiddy, anyone who has stayed in the Eolo would be well aware of how noisy these bars can be. We were there last September, hardly slept a wink. Came back in May this year stayed in Diana again, bliss.
Only thing I would add is the new Mar Calma will be properly double glazed, unlike the Eolo, and I expect much better sound insulation being bang up to date, which may help with the noise levels. Only time will tell eh?
Speaking of which, while there in May we ate a few lunches at the Eolo, and we learned that it has a new owner. Has anyone heard of any plans for its future?
Whilst the food was as good as ever, the place was almost deserted, especially in the evenings. Hope it all works out well for them, it would be a shame were it to disappear especially for the fabulous staff, Susan, Angelo etc (even without Carlos).
Old 11-06-2012, 13:50
Super Moderator

There is some info about the Eolo here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...el-eolo-4.html