Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 00:31

Talking Pine Walk Apartments advice needed

I'm new..and need some advice please. We're hoping to come to Puerto Polensa July/Aug. It will be our first visit we have 2 children aged 14 & 10 and from researching the area we want to stay on Pine Walk if we can.

Discovered Villa Parade from the forum today and am so grateful (thank you) their prices are so much cheaper than all the other companies I've been looking at and for the same properties!

Have two to choose from currently both are on Pine Walk but from what I can make out at different ends. One is new to Villa Parade and from the description is brand new. It's described as being on the second floor of a small block 50 metres from Hotel Illa Dor and is called Apartment Illa Dor (not to be confused with the Illa Dor apartments). Although it's described as being on Pine Walk the view from the Terrace would seem to indicate it's set a little back from the Walk. Does anyone know the property? Can you help me to find it on the street map? It also looks as if it's close to the narrow part of the beach is that right?

The other property is called 'Katy' I've read a bit on here about Katy who I believe owned the apartment before she died. It looks a great location and the interior pics look good but bathroom looks bit disappointing in relation to rest. I'm a bit on the fussy side when it comes to bathrooms I like a bit of luxury!! Anyone stayed there?

Any other advice that might help us choose would be most welcome.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2011, 06:02

Not stayed in either apartment but the Katy apartments are right on the pine walk and not so far to walk into the centre of town, its very nice up near the Ila Dor but another 7-10 minute walk into town from Katy apartments which is fine early evening but can be a bit tiring late in the evening
Old 08-06-2011, 09:11

Unless you have mobility problems I would go for the ills for apartments it's an easy walk into the hustle and bustle but you have the advantage of more peace and quiet when you want it dmd also have the advantage of the ills for terrace fog wonderful coffee in morning nice lunches for the occasional treat a cocktail as a sundowners xnd a nightcap after your stroll home after dinner
Old 08-06-2011, 09:38

We've stayed in an apartment next to Katy and although the accommodation was good, the smell of cooking from "Little Italy" (restaurant) was a bit off putting. I would opt for Illa d'or.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:43

Terrace fog cd!? LOL! Good for photos perhaps?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:36

Smile Pine Walk apartments

It must be very difficult to choose as both are probably very good.

The Katy apartment is closer to the town so as mentioned before less distance to walk when you are going out for dinner in Puerto Pollensa. It also has some small supermarkets within easy walking distance. The apartment is also right on the beach so no distance to go for your morning dip! Am not sure if the apartments further along the Pine Walk have access to such a nice beach area although they are nearer the lovely Illa D'Or Hotel for sundowners.

There is also a nice choice of restaurants near Katy's apartment - Laroc, the Coral Restaurant, Little Italy and a bit further along, the Hostal Bahia restaurant. Little Italy is popular with families as the food is wonderful and parents can usually let children play on the beach whilst they enjoy a leisurely dinner.

Good luck with whatever you decide though!
Old 08-06-2011, 14:35

We stayed at the Katys apt last week and they are fantasic. Right on the beach (tho the entrance is on calle pescador around the back) with Little Italy restaurant just below you, perfect! And the view is just breathtaking, its got to be the best location in PP.
We stayed on the 4th floor which could be a saftey prob for the kids tho.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:42

Default Pine Walk Apartments

Thanks guys this has been a great help..still in a bit of a quandry as another 'katy' apartment has now become available! But good to have a choice at this time of year You all seem a great bunch and I really can't wait to visit.

Found it difficult this year to get enthused about our holiday. We could just not agree between ourselves where to go....my son wanted Florida (in his dreams!) husband wanted Italy (to take in the history...not something the children were excited about) daughter favoured Italy until she realised she could get pizza in Spain!...and I thought lets have a look at Puerto Polensa. So pleased I did

Will be back for more advice once we've got the apartment booked...bye for now
Old 09-06-2011, 13:35

Hi Maggie, I think you have made the right choice & hope you have a fab time & fall in love with PP as all the members here have. Keep posting & asking questions as there is always someone that can help!