Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2003, 05:35
coptleigh

Default Hobby Club Apartments

Hi,
Has anyone been to these apartments this summer,my family are due to go there in August and was mainly wondering about traffic noise as its next to a main road??
Any other comments would be grateful also.
Cheers
Alan :
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2003, 05:36
star81

Default Hobby Club

They sit right opposite the beach literally a 20 step walk. I have not stayed there personally but usually stay further along and am never bothered by the noise. They are a 10 min walk from the town centre - although have shops closer than that so there is no town noise - but I wouldn't say the road noise is bad at all.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:45
coptleigh

Default Re: Hobby Club

Thanks for the quick reply,from what I can read from the postings on this site it seems like a nice place,i have two young children 8 & 9 so would need to be family friendly??
Any recommendations from anyone!
Old 06-01-2003, 22:24
star81

Default Hobby Club

I would say for a family it would be perfect as it is close enough to the town for children to walk without complaining, right across from the beach which is great when you have children as literally a 2 min walk away and although sits on a road there is a fence around it to stop little ones wandering out. There may even be a play park in it - I can't remember if its those ones or the ones next to it !

Definately a good place for children - and adults! - from the outside anyway but have never heard any complaints from anyone staying there.

Enjoy !
Old 06-01-2003, 23:57

Default Bobby Club Apts

The only thing I would warn you against is that they are building some houses direclty behind the apartments so you might want to request rooms on a different side to the back.
have a good time
Old 06-01-2003, 23:59

Default Bobby Club Apts

The only thing I would warn you against is that they are building some houses direclty behind the Hobby Club so you might want to request rooms on a different side to the back.
have a good time
Old 22-01-2003, 10:07
coptleigh

Default Hobby club

Hi,
got onto first choice about the posting re building work,they state they have no knowledge of it??? But this wouldn't be the first time a travel company has said this.
Do you think it would be finished by August when we travel and how bad is it really??
Cheers
Alan
Old 22-01-2003, 17:57

Default HobbyClub

I live in the same street, Llimonera, and I assure you that a largish block of 12 duplex style houses are being built directly behind the HobyClub.
They are at the concrete shell level at the moment, and I would think it will be at least 6 months before they are anywhere near finished, but I couldn't guarentee that.
But as long as you make sure you are not on the side facing away from the beach, I think you should be OK.
I can keep you informrd as work progresses
Old 23-01-2003, 03:27
coptleigh

Default Hobby club

Thanks Mallorcaboy,
will get on to them again and see what they say.
i would appreciate your keeping me informed,very kind of you.
Cheers
Alan
Old 23-01-2003, 04:10

Default Hobby club

No problem Alan. I'm out on the island again mid Feb and then again in May. Will let you know how things are going along. But don't worry, other than that, it's a great part of the Port. R eally close to the beach and easy walk to many bars and restaurants.
Old 26-02-2003, 15:40

Default Hoby Club/Coptleigh

If you look on www.balearic-properties.com/puerto.htm
you will see what is being built behind the hoby club. (I am not advertising!!)
I was there a week or so ago and they are up to the block work stage. It looks like it wont be finished until after the season finishes.

Correct link added - webmaster.
Old 25-03-2003, 04:38
coptleigh

Default Hobby Club

Hi,
eventually got a reply from the tour company,they admit work behind the apts, but state an island rule is no building work during the holiday season,only during the winter months??
Do you know any different??
Seems a bit ropey to me!!
Cheers
Alan
Old 25-03-2003, 15:26

Default Hobby Club

There is normally a lull in building work in August, but I don't know if it is enforced. If the building is running late, as far as I know they could carry on. I have seen work done all summer.
Old 03-05-2003, 22:00

Default Hobby Club Apartments

Hi Coptleigh,
I'm off to PP in a few hours. As soon as I get back, I'll let you know the state of works behind the Hobby Club. Don't worry, you're going to have a great holiday.
Old 13-05-2003, 05:39

Default Hobby Club

Hi Coptleigh,
if you are able to let me know an email address, I can send you some pictures I took of the work being done behind the Hobby Club