Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-2009, 18:20

Default La Singala

Hi all,

I've not long registered with the forum and am still trying to find my way round, so apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere. We normally stay at the Sis Pins (brilliant hotel by the way), but this year we have booked for La Singala. I read somewhere that not all rooms have a balcony (possibly looking towards the mountains!). Does anyone know if that is the case.

Hedgey
Sponsored Links
Old 17-02-2009, 14:54

It is, my wife and I stayed there a couple of years ago, no balcony, with a window looking over the entrance area. I get the impression regular guests seemed to get the balcony rooms and as its a Globespan only place there is no way of contact the manager himself to arraneg something.
Old 17-02-2009, 15:39

Default La Singala

My son stayed here a couple of years ago, and if I remember correctly, you have to request a balcony through Globespan and I think there is a supplement to pay.
Old 17-02-2009, 17:20

Thanks Mark1875 & SummerSun. The wife and I will think this one over after all we only use the room for sleeping in. Plus if we don't get a balcony it might make us go out and enjoy PP more.
Old 20-02-2009, 10:20

Default la singla

You must request a balcony room when booking, but most rooms other than the rooms at the back have balconys. I have stayed at Sis Pins and would much prefer La Singla, mosy people that stay at this hotel return year after year. Josef and his staff will ensure you have a wonderfull holiday.
Old 20-02-2009, 19:06

Unhappy

We stayed in an apartment in Bellresguard but as this hotel is across the road used it as a base for a nightcap on the outside terrace. Met some really nice people who seemed to be regulars + almost all Scottish. Its location is great for the Pine Walk, but without a view of the sea which is blocked by the beach side properties. There is a pool on the Formentor road-side, with a narrow patio. Not really big enough for a serious swim. One night our 7 year old pushed his sister (12) in fully clothed. Whilst he thought it was funny, the barman (Josef?) didn't!
Old 20-02-2009, 21:24

Default La Singala

Thanks patc & usandthetwokids for your info.
We met a couple last year at the airport on the way home and they also said that they much prefer La Singala. As for the pool, I'll just push the wife in!!!
Cheers
Old 21-02-2009, 06:51

my inlaws used to stay there all the time when we went to pp together as they didnt do apartments, nice wee hotel bit basic but rooms are nice, full of older couples with no kids so very quiet

the pool is small but the pool at the bonanza bar is only 100 yards away

ran by globespan and as someone else said mostly scots

nice walk into town and back at night
Old 21-02-2009, 14:49

Good post gers.

We've stayed in both the front rooms with a balcony and in the rear, without.

There is one room at rear on first floor with a terrace. Looking at Globespan's website the front rooms are about £30 per week more expensive.per person.
We found when in the front room that if the guest to the right of you, ie nearer PP centre did not have their awning down, you caught the sun on your balcony whether your awning was down or not.

Breakfasts basically continental cooked meats , cheeses etc rather than cooked as is available in the Sis Pins.

I'd say go for it Hedgey
Old 21-02-2009, 17:51

Default La Singala

Thanks everyone for your positive reples. I'm sure both of us will enjoy our holiday.

Cheers
Old 24-02-2009, 13:28

There is also one room above the room with the terrace which faces the mountains and has a small balcony.

But if you get the second farthest along room on the second floor (213 or 214I think) you can see the sea through the buildings opposite. If you email your requirements to the Sis Pins then they can try and accommodate your wish. Antonia - the Globespan resort manager is an angel.

Supermarket just across the Formentor Road or the Bonanza about 500 meters away with cafe, pool, shop, tennis courts, hairdresser etc. And of course a short stroll away is the Ill a'Dor hotel for drinks on the seafront and delicious evening meals. All this (and a nice bit of the Pine Walk beach) and only a 15min stroll into town. What more could you ask for?

A spotless little place in a great location - you'll have a lovely hol.

We now go for the Sis Pins because I like the seaview and having a bath instead of a shower but I can't find fault with La Singala and we always wander along for a drink one afternoon.