Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree517Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-2018, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&C@29 View Post
Looking for a central 2 bed licenced apartment for 2 weeks April /May time and again 2weeks middle to end September, balcony, A/c and wifi if possible.
please PM me with rates.
You need to find some friends and family!!

(You can't be my friend though, as my place is in use for those periods)
Big Sal likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-08-2018, 18:37

Exactly! There are NO licenced private apartments, as this scenario is illegal... currently.
driftwood likes this.
Old 29-08-2018, 18:58

I've already found some new friends during those periods...

It's not hard to accumulate new friends when you're talking by the coffee machine at work and you get all carried away talking about P / PP
Old 30-08-2018, 08:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sal View Post
Exactly! There are NO licenced private apartments, as this scenario is illegal... currently.
Licences are starting to be granted so by next year there will be.
sws97sdg and lollipop like this.
Old 30-08-2018, 08:16

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...y-rentals.html

Quote:
Habtur, the holiday rentals association, believes that tourism minister Bel Busquets has failed to give the public the full information about a planned reduction in the number of tourist accommodation places. Busquets has referred to the elimination of 100,000 places but has not made clear that 90,000 of these would be rentals places.

The Habtur calculation is made on the basis of the current situation in Majorca. The market is divided 70:30 in favour of hotels against so-called ETH (estancias turísticas vacacionales), meaning holiday rentals. Having set a ceiling on the number of places - 315,000 hotels; 115,000 ETH - the tourism ministry now wants, says Habtur, to get rid of 90,000 holiday rentals places, which would shift the ratio to 90:10.

The government's measures of control mean that only hotels can exist.

Tommo likes this.
Old 30-08-2018, 09:58

Well that's us out
Old 30-08-2018, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
Licences are starting to be granted so by next year there will be.
Really? I didn't think they were giving licences to apartments, only Villas etc.
Old 30-08-2018, 11:06

Definitely apartments too, well know ones above a restaurant on the front, stayed there the winter before last, and others too

On island time!!
Old 31-08-2018, 08:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Well that's us out
and us don't like saying in hotels or places like Flora etc.
Rosie34 and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 31-08-2018, 09:27

There will be definitely be apartments to rent in the very near future as I know of a few people who currently have applications in progress, including myself
Rosie34 and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 31-08-2018, 11:52

That's interesting.....may I ask if you are in a block with other Apartments? Only it was suggested that if you were and didn't have your own entrance, then all the apartment owners would have to agree for you to rent touristically? Plus a load more restrictions.
Old 31-08-2018, 20:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
That's interesting.....may I ask if you are in a block with other Apartments? Only it was suggested that if you were and didn't have your own entrance, then all the apartment owners would have to agree for you to rent touristically? Plus a load more restrictions.
There are 4 apartments in our block, it has been agreed at the AGM and written into the community deed, there is a lot of paperwork, and it is costly but our application is now in
Sparky, ragdollabbi, Tommo and 1 others like this.
Old 04-10-2018, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I agree, the thought of AI hotels in PP is awful but with the current rental situation as it is, if things don't change, I believe thats exactly what could happen. Apartments would have to be sold, but if people are no longer buying as they can't rent their apartments out the big boys could move in and we could see blocks being demolished and hotels being built in their place. Of course the effect of this would be devastating as many restaurants and businesses would go under, as tourists wouldn't be eating out or spending money in the shops.

Hopefully this nightmare scenario will never ever happen as it would truly be the end of the PP we all love. We will have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of years but judging how quiet it's been this year, with all the apartments sitting empty, it doesn't bode well at all
Apartments can now be rented out, you just have to apply for a license... The process started at the beginning of August and now people are being issued with licenses... I have just got one ... The apartments that will remain empty over the coming years are the ones that would never have been rented out and are used purely as holiday homes ...
Old 04-10-2018, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ordonez View Post
Apartments can now be rented out, you just have to apply for a license... The process started at the beginning of August and now people are being issued with licenses... I have just got one ... The apartments that will remain empty over the coming years are the ones that would never have been rented out and are used purely as holiday homes ...
It is true that licensing is now available and this will ease the situation. However the cost of the license is significant and the steps to enable a license quite stringent. Only time will tell if the council have pitched the rules and the costs at a level that does not seriously impact the available apartments. As I understand it Pollensa are only offering ETV60 licenses which would be fine for those people who only rented in the high season , however it's a catch 22 as the license costs may make renting prohibitive if income can only be earned over a 60 day period. In addition if you rent July/August then you can't rent any other months. Add to this that all new builds who rented but are less than 5 years old will not be able to get a license. It is therefore inevitable that the volume of available apartments will be less than in previous years.

As I say above we will have to wait and see whether the new laws are pitched to adequately control the level of tourism to the benefit of the island or whether it will send communities like Pollensa into a downward economic spiral
Old 04-10-2018, 19:44

The ETV60 is for Pollenca town not the Port, they can apply for all year round licences as not in a saturated area.