Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By supamac
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By greta
  • 1 Post By romanb
  • 1 Post By CathB
  • 2 Post By supamac
  • 1 Post By romanb
  • 1 Post By supamac
  • 2 Post By marilyn
  • 2 Post By Bekki
  • 1 Post By greta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-2017, 16:11

Default Accommodation for Feb 2018?

Hello,

I'm thinking of coming out to PP next February, for the month. I have an accommodation budget of around £800, and wondered if there's anything available (1 bedroom) for the month for that price (I know it's a long shot)?

Thanks,

Greta
Sponsored Links
Old 14-03-2017, 15:45

There will be tens if not hundreds of properties available at that time. You will need heating and that puts up the cost for the owner but I would say its far from a long shot - think you will have little difficulty finding a 1 bedroom at that rate. It's £200 a week when the owner would usually be getting nothing, and given you will be doing your own laundry/cleaning as you go, there is only the cost of the exit clean/laundry which I'd guess wouldn't come to more than about €75 on a small property. I'm sorry I can't think of anyone to recommend but someone on here will help, I'm sure.
Good luck!
greta likes this.
Old 14-03-2017, 16:07
Super Moderator

You could try the local agents listed here :- Rent Villas, Apartments from Agents in Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca Majorca
greta likes this.
Old 14-03-2017, 18:33

Thank you to you both, that's really great news, Supamac, and I'll certainly look at the list of local agents, Sparky.

Best,

Greta
Sparky likes this.
Old 15-03-2017, 15:12

Sorry but I think it might be difficult to find somewhere for £800 for the month, possible on a long term rental ie 6 months but these would not include heating etc.

We have often visited out of season although not for the whole month.

Generally speaking for a week out of season probably around £250 would be the lowest price, I am sure there will be somewhere available but I wouldn't think you would be spoilt for choice.
greta likes this.
Old 15-03-2017, 20:52

Depends what location you need but AM Rentals ( above what used to be burger king ) do weekly/ fortnightly and monthly rentals - often with deals in winter months 1 or 2 bed apartments which inlclude heating , cleaning etc
We used them for years and they are great 😃
greta likes this.

Eating Out
Old 16-03-2017, 11:13

Come on RomanB - February? I'd be very surprised if a month's let couldn't be secured for £800 sterling after a chat with the owner of a 1 bed flat. Mega low running costs, 1 set of laundry. The vast majority of owners who usually rent their properties get NO business in February so making something versus nothing will have appeal to some.
Glass half full .....
greta and Bootledodger like this.
Old 16-03-2017, 18:05

I am not trying to be glass half full but we visit very regularly 9 times last year and only twice between May & October, so 7 visits out of season. Most places charge around £50 to £80 per night, they may do a special rate for longer but unless someone knows someone that has somewhere (which we do not) we rely on previous experiences, local agents and the internet.

Marina apartments open year round but charge £50 per night which is double the budget and if you try a search you will find that this is the rough cost everywhere. I hope Greta does find somewhere for the budget but I still think the choice would be very limited based on experience.
greta likes this.
Old 16-03-2017, 21:08

I know all of what you say as I'm in residence for half the year (winter too - was there last month and coming back next week) and I simply suggest that if one of the very good people on here know of a private owner of a 1 bed place that usually lies empty, I think there is every possibility of Greta achieving a short term tenancy within her budget. Many quote an amount but find they don't get any takers. Before we owned, we contacted owners and successfully negotiated rates that suited both us AND the owner.
I hope someone in the know comes forward to help Greta.
greta likes this.

Last edited by supamac; 16-03-2017 at 21:13.
Old 16-03-2017, 22:23

Marina Apartments one bedroom basic apartment were €36 per night in February this year for bookings 31 days plus. Depending on exchange rate would bring it in about £970 to cleaning, linen change, tv, free wifi, heating etc.

You can book direct or sometimes there are special offers on one of the hotel booking sites.

We stayed there during San Antoni week in January when the weather was really cold and we found it very comfortable. Would stay there again.
Lorenzo and greta like this.
Old 18-03-2017, 14:39

Smile

Feel free to contact me Greta on Private Message as I could help you out I am sure with an apartment to suit you at time of the year.
greta and Bootledodger like this.
Old 18-03-2017, 15:31

Hello everyone

Apologies for the round-robin message - I just wanted to say a big thank you to you all for your replies, I really appreciate them, it's given me a much better idea of what to expect. I'll look into the suggestions you've made, CathB and Marilyn, and many thanks, Bekki, that's great.

Best wishes,
Greta
lollipop likes this.