Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree517Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 07:00

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...g-process.html

Quote:
Monday was the first day for owners to set in motion the process for obtaining licences for new holiday rentals. The moratorium on new licences, which was brought in last summer, was lifted because of the Council of Majorca's approval of rentals zoning on Friday last week and its initial approval of its PIAT plan for intervention in tourism areas.

The fine detail of the PIAT could take up to two years to be settled. In the meantime, the initial approval meant the release of 20,000 holiday rentals places (there will eventually be 30,000). Owners were therefore turning up at town halls on Monday to start the ball rolling.

The town halls do not issue the licences - the tourism ministry does - but they are the first port of call for obtaining a municipal certificate which verifies that a property is in a zone where rentals are allowed and that it meets certain other requirements, e.g. it must be at least five years old.

There wasn't a real rush of applications in most municipalities (Palma wasn't affected as the town hall hasn't officially published its zoning yet), but in Alcudia and Pollensa there were around 150 applications at both town halls. ...

In Alcudia, where a special space has been set up at the town hall to deal with requests, 40 certificates were handed out on Monday.
see full article on the MDB website
Tommo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2018, 14:53

I'll probably get told off for going off thread but I am reading the 2nd world war book 'Arnhem' by Adrian Beevor (filmed as a Bridge Too Far) - which I recommend -book and film.

Anyway - he talks about PIAT's too but these are Projector Infantry Anti Tank weapons, can't help thinking how ironic the PIAT (plan for intervention in tourism areas) is basically doing the same thing - not against tanks - but tourists !

Perhaps it's my warped sense of humour :-)

Anyway out again in September - can't wait.
scotslizzy, Lorenzo, Tommo and 1 others like this.
Old 08-08-2018, 22:34

We didn't spend our hols in PP this year due to the licensing issue & lack of rentals so have just come back from Croatia and Montenegro which were nice but we still miss PP so much that I've been looking at options for summer 2019. There aren't many and those that are available seem to have increased their prices massively

I'd be interested to hear if forum members feel the port has been quieter this summer as a result of the situation or has it been just as busy as ever?
Old 14-08-2018, 22:41

Think the rental position has taken a bit of a kick from the equivalent of Competition and Market Authority (used to be called Competition Commission):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...02263173217062
bobley likes this.
Old 15-08-2018, 07:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bircho View Post
Think the rental position has taken a bit of a kick from the equivalent of Competition and Market Authority (used to be called Competition Commission):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...02263173217062
I would double check and look for other sources; the authors of the Facebook post (Unió Mollera Pollensina) might not be fully "neutral and independent"
Old 15-08-2018, 07:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPALCOVER View Post
I would double check and look for other sources; the authors of the Facebook post (Unió Mollera Pollensina) might not be fully "neutral and independent"
The author may or may not be neutral.
What is however not a of opinion is this law is now going to be challenged in the courts.
Time will tell one way or the other.
Lorenzo likes this.

Last edited by pollensafan; 15-08-2018 at 14:45.
Old 15-08-2018, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
The author may or may not be neutral.
What is however not a of opinion is this law is now going to be challenged in the courts.
Time will tell one way or the other.
After reading the full report…….

https://www.cnmc.es/sites/default/files/2116718_2.pdf

I am not convinced that the case is ready for a "challenge in the courts" (if I were a lawyer, I would probably say the contrary, in order to charge professional fees).

I do agree that "time will tell" and that "wait and see" is, currently, the preferable option.
Old 16-08-2018, 13:23

Having tried without success to rent a reasonably priced...not cheap....apartment, within the Port this year, we have decided to call time on our visits to PP and have booked our 2019 holiday on the Spanish mainland.

We have been holidaying in the Port every year, since 1998 and until we retired 5 years ago, we were able to get out there twice a year and on each occasion for 2 weeks'

I'll still keep in touch with what is happening over there, via this Forum and we'll miss the various members of staff in the eating places that we frequent on each visit, but I'm afraid that the various stumbling blocks that have been our way, by some rather strange political decisions, have ended our association with the place.

For us, hotel use, is just not the same as having the "freedom" of an apartment
debz1, Mark, joey36 and 3 others like this.
Old 16-08-2018, 20:24

Totally get where you're coming from Pinaretman.

We had to miss both our visits to the port this year and holiday elsewhere. When we arrived home a few weeks ago we all agreed we missed PP so much we HAD to find a way back in 2019. But the only holiday rentals I could find were twice what we used to pay. Like you, we are just not keen on hotels.

Anyway I'm pleased to say we have just booked the Maricel apartments, near the Miramar Hotel on a package deal with TUI for next July, at a more realistic price. I'm so happy to know I'm coming back

I do hope you enjoy wherever you are going on mainland Spain. If it's a good as PP, let us know where you went, so we can all go!!

Last edited by CharlieV; 16-08-2018 at 21:08. Reason: Typo
Old 17-08-2018, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinaretman View Post
Having tried without success to rent a reasonably priced...not cheap....apartment, within the Port this year, we have decided to call time on our visits to PP and have booked our 2019 holiday on the Spanish mainland.

We have been holidaying in the Port every year, since 1998 and until we retired 5 years ago, we were able to get out there twice a year and on each occasion for 2 weeks'

I'll still keep in touch with what is happening over there, via this Forum and we'll miss the various members of staff in the eating places that we frequent on each visit, but I'm afraid that the various stumbling blocks that have been our way, by some rather strange political decisions, have ended our association with the place.

For us, hotel use, is just not the same as having the "freedom" of an apartment
I could not agree more got a quote for a private apartment we used last year and the price has gone up 50%
Old 17-08-2018, 16:47

Have also been looking at apartments etc on the mainland for Octobr '19 and am seriously thinking about this as still waiting to hear if the apartment we are interested in will get a licence. Dont really want to do this but really dont feel we have an option

PS Just priced flights to Gerona and they are half the price of J2 flights to Palma!

Last edited by Rosie34; 17-08-2018 at 16:52.
Old 20-08-2018, 19:28

Jan Dexter from Parasol Properties has put together a step-by-step guide to the procedure for applying for a rental licence.
Bekki likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 20-08-2018 at 20:14. Reason: Direct link removed.
Old 24-08-2018, 20:27

Quite a few reports on FB of people getting their licences through already, great news!
scotslizzy and ragdollabbi like this.

On island time!!
Old 29-08-2018, 09:59

We used to visit the port two or three times a year, one year even managing four visits, but the last couple of years we have been only once. We have been going to mainland Spain, very, very much cheaper, of course nowhere gives us that magical feeling that Puerto Pollensa does, but economics do play a part in it too, unless you're a millionaire !
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 29-08-2018, 10:12

Looking for a central 2 bed licenced apartment for 2 weeks April /May time and again 2weeks middle to end September, balcony, A/c and wifi if possible.
please PM me with rates.