Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente

Hotels, Villas & Apartments in Pollensa & Cala San Vicente Discuss hotels, aparthotels, private villas, apartments and any other type of accommodation in the Pollensa area including Cala San Vicente. Do add reviews and comments for specific hotels and apartments. Readers find these very useful. However this forum is not a place for advertisements. Check out the 'Advertise' page on the main web site.

Like Tree517Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2018, 12:01

My understanding is that once you have applied until such time as you get or are rejected for a licence then you can rent. This is only my understanding and could be wrong maybe someone with more information can qualify the comments. I am going on a friend who applied for a villa licence before the moratorium.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-07-2018, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
My understanding is that once you have applied until such time as you get or are rejected for a licence then you can rent. This is only my understanding and could be wrong maybe someone with more information can qualify the comments. I am going on a friend who applied for a villa licence before the moratorium.
Hi guys. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?
Have been searching in vain for an apartment in Bellresguard area for the end of September/start of October but none cropping up at all due to this licensing issue unfortunately.
We were supposed to go to Port de Pollenca in May last year but had to postpone those plans and I remember there were loads of apartments available at that time.
I guess our timing is bad :-)
Old 24-07-2018, 18:00

No one knows when they will allow the licence process to start and in communities like Bellesregard they have to have community approval from an AGM
Old 30-07-2018, 07:05

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...ls-zoning.html

Quote:
The Council of Majorca yesterday gave definitive approval of the zoning for holiday rentals by agreeing the principles of the PIAT plan for intervention in tourism areas. Under the regulations, it will be possible to register apartments as holiday rentals for the first time. This will, however, depend on the zones, as will the number of days per annum. In the majority of cases where localities are defined as "saturated", future licences for any type of rental property will be restricted to sixty days and to an owner's main place of residence.

With the approval, which is to be made official when it appears on the Official Bulletin (which should be today), the moratorium on new rental licences is lifted. There will in all be some 30,000 holiday rentals places (beds) which can be registered, subject to the various conditions set out in the government's legislation. Initially, 20,000 of these are to be available for registration. ...
Tommo likes this.
Old 30-07-2018, 11:29

Pollenca council have a form to complete that you must have to apply for a license. The cost is €75.

Wonder what the total cost will be!

EDIT: Here's the form and detail from Pollenca council:

http://www.ajpollenca.net/ca/noticie...-en-habitatges
Tommo likes this.

Last edited by Bircho; 30-07-2018 at 11:39.
Old 30-07-2018, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bircho View Post
Pollenca council have a form to complete that you must have to apply for a license. The cost is €75.

Wonder what the total cost will be!

EDIT: Here's the form and detail from Pollenca council:

TRAMITACIÓ DEL CERTIFICAT MUNICIPAL PER A LA COMERCIALITZACIÓ D
The licence cost for 5 years is €3500 per bed in a house/villa/hotel or €875 in an apartment. Apparently the previous hotel rate was €500 more than this.

If you intend to apply for a 60 day licence (if the property is your habitual house / home) then the cost is only 1/12th of the original i.e. €291.67

Last edited by bobley; 30-07-2018 at 15:14.
Old 30-07-2018, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
I am not sure this is correct and I would definitely not take the risk. It sounds a bit like saying that once you have applied for a bar/pub license (selling liquor on premise) you can go ahead, as long as the license has not been refused.

I would really check that, and have it in writing!

Last edited by JPALCOVER; 30-07-2018 at 15:32.
Old 30-07-2018, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
The licence cost for 5 years is €3500 per bed in a house/villa/hotel or €875 in an apartment. Apparently the previous hotel rate was €500 more than this.

If you intend to apply for a 60 day licence (if the property is your habitual house / home) then the cost is only 1/12th of the original i.e. €291.67
Hiya. Do you have a link to that? Cheers.
Old 30-07-2018, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bircho View Post
Hiya. Do you have a link to that? Cheers.
prestigevillas – Prestige Villas
El Gordo and Bircho like this.
Old 30-07-2018, 22:44
Super Moderator

I think anyone who is considering applying for a license should get legal advice .
Old 30-07-2018, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I think anyone who is considering applying for a license should get legal advice .
I would, but my solicitor is on holiday....
Old 31-07-2018, 11:36

An article in Majorca daily bulletin says that only 143 denunciations have been started in the first 7 months of the year. This is for the whole Island.

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...y-rentals.html

There are 15 Ministry inspectors and they have prosecuted less than 10 property owners each, hardly efficient use of resources.

The 'friends and family' rentals appears to be working very well..
Old 31-07-2018, 12:33

Well, I think we can safely say that apartment/house values won't be improving any time soon......possibly quite the opposite!
Old 31-07-2018, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
An article in Majorca daily bulletin says that only 143 denunciations have been started in the first 7 months of the year. This is for the whole Island.

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/new...y-rentals.html

There are 15 Ministry inspectors and they have prosecuted less than 10 property owners each, hardly efficient use of resources.

The 'friends and family' rentals appears to be working very well..
In Palma, there are 11,000 appartments "rented touristically" (by the week) and only 635 have a license. I takes time to go after the 10,365 that do not comply. But the authorities are working on the matter.

Then, "occupation by Family and Friends" is one thing.
Renting (payment involved) to Family and Friends is another.

Expect the inspectors, tax authorities and judges to be no less intelligent, savvy and smart than in other countries.

Be aware that "Automatic Exchange of Information" is in place and running as of January 2017 for most OECD countries including Spain and the UK (among other countires). Expect the unexpected if you have a Spanish bank account and are a fiscal resident of another country (or if you are a fiscal resident of Spain and have a bank account in another country)!

Remember how the Spanish authorities reacted when a German MP suggested Mallorca should be part of Germany! The following years, all the German owners of Mallorcan property that had not been declared to the German tax authorities were facing questions from the German taxman and, subsequently, fines.
Old 31-07-2018, 13:20

JPALCOVER that is exactly what a friend of mine who applied for a licence via a reputable company was told. She now has her licence anyway. I worded as I did as I was not party to original conversation.
Sparky likes this.