Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-10-2010, 18:38

Default Easyjet luggage weight

I know it's early but just going through my booking and it says 1 checked in bag 32kg. I know it is usually 20kg, don't want to pack away and end up paying a fortune. We're only taking the one bag so would like the extra weight, any help from frequent easy jet flyers much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-10-2010, 19:03

We've just booked with EasyJet to go to Berlin and I noticed the extra weight as well. Do you think it includes hand luggage?
Old 22-10-2010, 19:17

Dont think it includes hand luggage as Easyjet dosen't have a a weight limit only size limit on hand luggage, I hope !

On island time!!
Old 22-10-2010, 19:23

Don't think so added it together, say 3x 5kg for hand luggage 1x 20kg bag, 35kg, if booking the flights today only 20kg allowed in hold baggage.
Old 22-10-2010, 19:51

Pips I think if there are two passengers flying and you only check in one hold baggage then the weight increases to 32k. If you take two hold luggage the weight is 20kg each. There is no weight limit (within reason) for hand luggage as long as the bag is within the size limit. Handbags count as hand luggage but as long as it fits into a larger bag while you go through security that is ok.
Old 22-10-2010, 20:17

Debs is correct. We went out last Friday and I booked 1 bag as we were taking some general stuff out to the apartment. I asked at the 'bag drop' and it was explained that if 2 passengers are flying with one bag the weight limit is increased to the maximum bag weight of 32kg? It doesn't really seem to make any sense but we stuck our hand baggage into our 'baggage' case and everything worked out fine.
Still, the only problem with the airlines is that there seems to be no way of taking 'baggage' outbound only.
Old 22-10-2010, 20:42

Thanks that makes sense now Debs was just worried about a big bill, will want all our money for P P.
Old 23-10-2010, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansclan View Post
Still, the only problem with the airlines is that there seems to be no way of taking 'baggage' outbound only.
I have wondered about this and my first thought was to contact the airline and explain that you only want checked baggage one way, I would imagine that they have the facilities to amend bookings manually (maybe an excuse for them to make a charge though!).

My other suggestion is that you book the out and return flights as two separate flights, one way only.

Couldn't be 100% sure but I think you can book baggage one way with Monarch.
Old 23-10-2010, 10:32

Question

In august we wanted to take 2 sets of golf clubs outbound only. We phoned ryanair and they sorted this out for us as cant do it online and we only had to pay for outbound. So is worthwhile giving them a call to check.
Old 23-10-2010, 11:23

Word of caution about booking outbound and inbound flights separately - if anything goes wrong, volcanic ash, air traffic controllers strike etc and it only affects one leg of your journey thenthe airline will only rearrange or refund that flight only.
Old 23-10-2010, 14:14

As I understand their baggage policy the allowance is up to 20kg per passenger. If there are two of you and you book one hold bag each (20kg x 2) you can aggregate this allowance (40kg) and take 2 bags which can be of different weights totalling the 40kg but neither bag can exceed 32Kg. If you want to take more than two bags you could pay for an extra piece of hold luggage but your total weight allowance would not go up. Recently I paid for 3 hold bags for 3 passengers but as only two of us ended up travelling our total allowance was the 40kg but we could have taken 3 individual pieces. Hope this helps.
Old 23-10-2010, 14:45

Both myself and my daughter have had increased allowance from Easy jet when booking in 2 people with one case. no you are not charged extra ,just remeber to carry your booking formin case of queries.