Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-10-2008, 18:42
Super Moderator

Default Waiting for luggage.

Got back from PP yesterday. We flew out from Exeter on 3rd October took off 20mins late but landed in Palma 30mins early. Were directed to carousel 13,(i should have known it was a bad omen)anyway after 40mins hubby asked at the Acciona desk what was happening, the reply was " we are trying to find out where it is". Meanwhile baggage from a Barcelona flight has been send down and collected. So the wait goes on, eventually a fellow passenger asked at the desk and is told our bags are on number 4, so we all trundle down to the other end of the hall and after a 90minute wait sure enough there are our bags.
The crowd of Irish passengers who were waiting on number 4 said our bags had been going around for ages. I wonder where their luggage was, not on number 13 thats for sure.

Last edited by Sparky; 18-10-2008 at 18:44.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-10-2008, 11:12

Default Waiting for luggage

Hi Sparky

I was on the flight from Belfast on the morning of the 3rd. Our bags did eventually come out at Carousel 4, after a 40 minute wait, and as you say the bags from the Exeter flight had been going round for ages until eventually they all became snarled up and fell off onto the floor! Meanwhile, we all became convinced that our luggage must be somewhere else so half our flight was walking up and down the baggage reclaim hall checking other carousels. It certainly was chaotic.

Believe it or not, from reading this forum, I knew you were arriving the same morning as me and as I watched the Exeter crowd collecting their luggage I wondered if one of them might be you. Hope you had a good holiday.

Linda
Old 19-10-2008, 13:49
Super Moderator

Hi LK1960, LOL what a small world, my main worry was for Lorenzo my local PP taxi driver who was waiting for us. I had spoken to him on my mobile so he knew the situation but i still felt guilty for keeping him hanging around.
We had a great holiday and i hope you did as well.
Regards Lyn.
Old 19-10-2008, 14:49

Sorry you had such a long wait sparky. I too fly from Exeter. My last flight was with FLYBE and i can not fault them, great flight times, modern environmentally friendly planes, nice coffee etc available. We only had to be there 1 hour before and they have a quick bag drop if you check in on line (no one waiting, just handed bag in)just time to pick up paper, bit of breakfast and then we boarded!, . My flight was at 7am, picked up hire car and in PP in time for lunch!!.....How much for this top service?? £80 return if you book early.
(luckily no wait at Palma end for bags either)
Old 19-10-2008, 15:23
Super Moderator

Hi Liz, yes we flew with Flybe and i can't fault them as you said, check in online,only have to be there 1hour before, it's great and cheap."Palma airport services" could learn a lot from Flybe about customer care. We had over an hour delay coming home, but that was because the first passenger to check in went missing and they had to off load her bags. Once again "airport services", said they couldn't find the bags and in the end the Pilot and Co-pilot went down and found them.
Old 19-10-2008, 19:39

we arrived on sunday 5th (easyjet flight)..it was one of our quickest exits.The plane actually touched down at 11.25am - I think we too were carousel 4 and we were walking out to the taxi at 11.50.We were told the day before there was an hours wait for luggage so we were very lucky i think