Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-10-2015, 06:49

Default Jet2 winter flights

I read in DB yesterday that Jet2 are starting winter break flights to Palma this year from LBA and other airports.
Neilberns likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-10-2015, 08:45

Any from north of the border/Newcastle
Old 17-10-2015, 09:32
Super Moderator

Yes Scotland is included, the full story can be read here :- At last: winter tourism starts to take off again » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:
Pedro Homar, the director of the Palma de Mallorca 365 Tourism Foundation, explains that from February the tour operator will be running flights from Leeds-Bradford, Manchester and Edinburgh to Palma and, in giving Jet2 its fullest support, he and staff from the foundation’s promotion department have been to the Jet2 headquarters in Leeds in order to hold meetings with company executives and to make presentations to call-centre customer service personnel.

Last edited by Sparky; 17-10-2015 at 09:37.
Old 17-10-2015, 10:12

Much as I hate to champion Mr O Leary, Ryanair will be running two flights a week from Birmingham to Palma on Wednesdays and Sunday's throughout the winter.Good flight times but the usual over the top prices for any extras.
This is the first time for many years that Birmingham has had any flights to Palma during the winter months but I am sure that if they are not used Mr O Leary will have no compunction in stopping them.
Old 17-10-2015, 17:17

Thanks Sparky, but looking at prices with Jet2 I think it might be a no no. Two people, 14th - 17th April from Edinburgh, no luggage, no pre booked seats is £529.20......and then there's accommodation
annascotland likes this.
Old 17-10-2015, 20:00

If it looks too good to be true ......
Old 17-10-2015, 22:30

Looking at Scottish flights to Palma for July, Jet 2, Thomson and Thomas Cook are far beyond our budget, Easyjet flights for July not on yet, no Saturday flights from Glasgow Prestwick....hmmmm - looking like it may not be as easy as previously.....
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 18-10-2015, 09:27

Booking flights are very annoying as all the airlines put them online at different times !!

Was looking for Lanzarote in April and Ryanair were out for Stansted but Easyjet from Gatwick took ages after that to come out I waited and booked them at 3.30 am the day we flew to Palma in September !! It was a better deal for us taking into account time of day flights parking overnight Hotel etc I look at the whole package Flying locally (Bournemouth ) cost us with parking £700 this year and with Hotel parking and flights we are paying £350 next year from Gatwick ! Also add an extra few days on as local flights are only weekly

Christmas to Malaga this year is Monarch a first for us so we shall see Have used BA before but when I checked were £600 more !! We have also found BA change flight times days and sometimes airports more than anyone else ! I do look at all options but havent yet looked at one airline out and another back Thomson from Bournemouth is our most convenient to Palma and happy to pay the extra then (as a treat !! ) but we started to look at Easyjet from Gatwick for other flights in the year as it was over a £1000 more to fly to the Canaries from Bournemouth with Thomson

I spend a bit of time before the flights come out checking what timings they had before as when you start adding on Airport Hotels etc it can change the picture a lot

There used to be a winter schedule and a summer schedule No longer
Old 18-10-2015, 10:42

I regularly fly out with one carrier and back with another to get better flight times
Old 18-10-2015, 14:08

Skyscanner is perfect for this as you can see all airlines and all options
Old 18-10-2015, 15:18

Thumbs down

I have been following this thread, along with some earlier threads, and I have checked prices from Northern Ireland for 2016, along with some from London Gatwick for my son - and the clear message seems to be that ALL the airlines have decided to "Stick the arm in" and charge ridiculous prices compared to last year.

Anyone else experiencing the same??
joey36 likes this.
Old 18-10-2015, 19:04

Jet2 definitely stick it to us in N.Ireland prices are ridiculous, if easy jet don't come through, they usually have decent prices, will have to think about Dublin or connection from England
Old 18-10-2015, 19:38

Monarch and jet2 definitely more expensive for mid summer

But got decent prices from Ryanair for Manchester to Palma and return in July and on a Saturday to Saturday

Also good price for Manchester to Palma in March from jet2

So I think there are reasonable prices out there - just not with all airlines st all times
Old 18-10-2015, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Monarch and jet2 definitely more expensive for mid summer

But got decent prices from Ryanair for Manchester to Palma and return in July and on a Saturday to Saturday

Also good price for Manchester to Palma in March from jet2

So I think there are reasonable prices out there - just not with all airlines st all times
And NOT from Scotland by the look of things
pips likes this.
Old 19-10-2015, 01:51

We flew jet2 yesterday from Glasgow and the flight was less than half
Full !!! Could not believe it I suppose in jet2s defence if they cannot fill
The plane and it's not even 3rd week in October what chance do they have
From November onwards obviously not financially viable. I would love there to be winter flights from Scotland to Palma and I was so surprised yesterday at all the empty seats on the flight just goes to show !!!