Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Jet2 winter flights (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/12474-jet2-winter-flights.html)

Rosie34 17-10-2015 06:49

Jet2 winter flights

I read in DB yesterday that Jet2 are starting winter break flights to Palma this year from LBA and other airports.

ragdollabbi 17-10-2015 08:45

Any from north of the border/Newcastle;)

Sparky 17-10-2015 09:32

Yes Scotland is included, the full story can be read here :- At last: winter tourism starts to take off again » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:

Pedro Homar, the director of the Palma de Mallorca 365 Tourism Foundation, explains that from February the tour operator will be running flights from Leeds-Bradford, Manchester and Edinburgh to Palma and, in giving Jet2 its fullest support, he and staff from the foundation’s promotion department have been to the Jet2 headquarters in Leeds in order to hold meetings with company executives and to make presentations to call-centre customer service personnel.

joey36 17-10-2015 10:12

Much as I hate to champion Mr O Leary, Ryanair will be running two flights a week from Birmingham to Palma on Wednesdays and Sunday's throughout the winter.Good flight times but the usual over the top prices for any extras.
This is the first time for many years that Birmingham has had any flights to Palma during the winter months but I am sure that if they are not used Mr O Leary will have no compunction in stopping them.

ragdollabbi 17-10-2015 17:17

Thanks Sparky, but looking at prices with Jet2 I think it might be a no no:(. Two people, 14th - 17th April from Edinburgh, no luggage, no pre booked seats is £529.20......and then there's accommodation :rolleyes::eek:

Rosie34 17-10-2015 20:00

If it looks too good to be true ......

annascotland 17-10-2015 22:30

Looking at Scottish flights to Palma for July, Jet 2, Thomson and Thomas Cook are far beyond our budget, Easyjet flights for July not on yet, no Saturday flights from Glasgow Prestwick....hmmmm - looking like it may not be as easy as previously.....

copper 18-10-2015 09:27

Booking flights are very annoying as all the airlines put them online at different times !!

Was looking for Lanzarote in April and Ryanair were out for Stansted but Easyjet from Gatwick took ages after that to come out I waited and booked them at 3.30 am the day we flew to Palma in September !! It was a better deal for us taking into account time of day flights parking overnight Hotel etc I look at the whole package Flying locally (Bournemouth ) cost us with parking £700 this year and with Hotel parking and flights we are paying £350 next year from Gatwick ! Also add an extra few days on as local flights are only weekly

Christmas to Malaga this year is Monarch a first for us so we shall see Have used BA before but when I checked were £600 more !! We have also found BA change flight times days and sometimes airports more than anyone else ! I do look at all options but havent yet looked at one airline out and another back Thomson from Bournemouth is our most convenient to Palma and happy to pay the extra then (as a treat !! ) but we started to look at Easyjet from Gatwick for other flights in the year as it was over a £1000 more to fly to the Canaries from Bournemouth with Thomson

I spend a bit of time before the flights come out checking what timings they had before as when you start adding on Airport Hotels etc it can change the picture a lot

There used to be a winter schedule and a summer schedule No longer

Gommar Goffer 18-10-2015 10:42

I regularly fly out with one carrier and back with another to get better flight times

fil6699 18-10-2015 14:08

Skyscanner is perfect for this as you can see all airlines and all options

Tangoman 18-10-2015 15:18

I have been following this thread, along with some earlier threads, and I have checked prices from Northern Ireland for 2016, along with some from London Gatwick for my son - and the clear message seems to be that ALL the airlines have decided to "Stick the arm in" and charge ridiculous prices compared to last year.

Anyone else experiencing the same??

pips 18-10-2015 19:04

Jet2 definitely stick it to us in N.Ireland prices are ridiculous, if easy jet don't come through, they usually have decent prices, will have to think about Dublin or connection from England

its cd 18-10-2015 19:38

Monarch and jet2 definitely more expensive for mid summer

But got decent prices from Ryanair for Manchester to Palma and return in July and on a Saturday to Saturday

Also good price for Manchester to Palma in March from jet2

So I think there are reasonable prices out there - just not with all airlines st all times

ragdollabbi 18-10-2015 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 107108)
Monarch and jet2 definitely more expensive for mid summer

But got decent prices from Ryanair for Manchester to Palma and return in July and on a Saturday to Saturday

Also good price for Manchester to Palma in March from jet2

So I think there are reasonable prices out there - just not with all airlines st all times

And NOT from Scotland by the look of things:(

elainewalls 19-10-2015 01:51

We flew jet2 yesterday from Glasgow and the flight was less than half
Full !!! Could not believe it I suppose in jet2s defence if they cannot fill
The plane and it's not even 3rd week in October what chance do they have
From November onwards obviously not financially viable. I would love there to be winter flights from Scotland to Palma and I was so surprised yesterday at all the empty seats on the flight just goes to show !!!