Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 08:03

I don't think this is a regular problem yet...but it seems to be getting worse.

I read somewhere recently that Ryanair, !!, were running "dry" flights from Glasgow because of drunkenness!!
whaleywanderer, Lorenzo and Nick like this.

My FlickR Photos
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2015, 08:11

It was to Ibiza.. Google Joe.com

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by Sparky; 11-05-2015 at 09:29. Reason: Direct link removed
Old 11-05-2015, 08:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate1 View Post
I would hate for this to become a scare story and put people off coming to PP. We've been flying out and back at least twice a year since 1995 and I've yet to encounter a stag\hen party (and that was initially flying Monarch, and then Easyjet when they came into being). Funnily enough the only bad experience I have ever had on a flight was with a business class journey to South Africa last year - and that was simply a fairly drunk passenger talking very loudly at 2AM - and I did complain, and he stopped. But as yet the passengers to and from Palma have been universally lovely.
I think the one thing we got to remember is that we were young once, think of some of the antics we got up to in our younger days, I can here you saying not ME remember standards have change since our younger days, so what we thought was tame our parents would have thought differently.

I see no harm as long as it is within reason what is my reason and your reason we may differ, just remember what ever class we all the same naked (Well some are)!.

Lets have a poll
1. Are youths today more badly behaved than our youth years.
2. Who's to blame Schools / Parents / Society.
debz1, LK1960, El Gordo and 1 others like this.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:44

Beginning to think it was just me, come on guys lighten up a bit its only young people having fun, perish the thought I know! They earn their money and can decide how to spend it like the rest of us, if they want to fly to have their parties thats fine, who are we to say they can't. And as for getting drunk on board, the size of the measures and the slowness they get around with the trolley you would find it difficult to get bladdered by duty free!
And as for getting on a flight drunk, of course it is against the rules and you would be stopped every time if you tried it, in 30 years of flying I have seen no trouble with drunkenness aboard planes.
Its a two hour flight also so at worst you have to put up with it for a while before heading off to our piece of heaven in the north, I always feel smug as we walk through the airport seeing everyone trooping off to their transfer coaches heading to the crowded resorts while we slip off quietly to the bus and head off to the peace of Pollensa!!
debz1, El Gordo and Sparky like this.

On island time!!
Old 11-05-2015, 08:46
Banned

Maybe getting a little political now but blimey, there's a massive difference between nuisance behaviour in your teens and fighting, abusing others, being threatening etc in an aeroplane then being diverted?! How do they compare?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:33

Although I do find it slightly irritating if you have a stag or hen party on board I can see both sides to this. As Snowy and Sws said it is only a two hour flight and we were all young once and probably equally annoying to our elders. I also think it's a very rare occurrence that a plane has to be turned back because of riotous drunks causing havoc. A couple off years back on our flight there was a group of very load lads and one of them ( isn't there always one) who was that extra bit louder, but was also using a certain four letter word in every sentence. In fact more or less every other word Not in an aggressive way he just presumably didn't have a very good command of the English language The crew dealt with the situation very swiftly and he was separated from his friends by being moved to the front of the plane where one of the stewards sat with him for the remainder of the flight. Job sorted
LK1960, El Gordo, Sparky and 1 others like this.

Last edited by debz1; 11-05-2015 at 12:50. Reason: Riotous ducks?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
Maybe getting a little political now but blimey, there's a massive difference between nuisance behaviour in your teens and fighting, abusing others, being threatening etc in an aeroplane then being diverted?! How do they compare?
I don't think it's getting political at all, just people sharing their experiences and so far it seems that the vast majority of members don't think there is a big problem with drunk passengers, certainly nobody has reported being on a flight that was diverted because of fighting or abusive and threatening behaviour.
debz1, El Gordo and scouse mark like this.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:58

In the paper this morning a guy has been banned for life from Jet 2 on a Palma flight for showing off his Pinocchio tattoo on his stomach, I don't need to tell you what part of his anatomy was poor pinochios nose��
Nick and scouse mark like this.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:54

If you are in the London area I would recommend flying BA - seems much more civilised and the drinks are free! Also often cheaper than the budget airlines especially if you are taking hold luggage. Having said that I don't ever recall any drunks on any flight I have been on either but it is probably a good idea to consider the day and time you fly but as has been said it is only a couple of hours!
Roy&Myra likes this.
Old 11-05-2015, 17:36
Banned

Blimey, what a tolerant lot some of you are? I don't want to sit next to, or anywhere near for that matter, someone who is drunk, swearing, being offensive and abusive for 2 seconds, let alone two hours.

And what excuse is it saying we were all young once, how the heck does that excuse bad behaviour???

Surely you must all appreciate the possible repercussions of someone being drunk and possibly not knowing what they're doing or worse getting aggressive when you're three miles up in the air??? Remember the incident where someone tried to open one of the doors? Another one I read about when some drunk yob was hitting a door with a fire extinguisher?? I mean it's not exactly as if you can get away from them is it.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:04

Ok - so I'm turning into a GOW but it does irritate me when at the airport at 5.30am and seeing crowds of people (some not exactly teenagers!) necking beer/whisky/lager etc and getting louder and louder and saying to my OH - God I hope they are not sitting near us on the plane! And yes - it did happen one year on our Palma flight (even though we always pre-book seats at the front) and we were surrounded by them and the 2+ hours were misery - just want peace and quiet at that time of the morning Call it what you like but it's just plain selfish and inconsiderate behaviour - why cant they wait till they get to Magaluf or wherever and then let rip

Apologies for the rant but I do get riled about this and don't apologise for my lack of tolerance - so there
whaleywanderer, Nick and varsp like this.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:02

We had a problem on a 4 hour flight when the young guy in front started being sick and he chose to stand up and lean over our seats to do so !!

This awas caused by the airline ( Easyjet) crew constantly serving him alcohol !!
He and his friend would just press their buzzers and another drink would appear They werent loud but he had trouble standing We did complain to the crew but got nowhere Complained on arrival to Captain or First Officer but still nothing All down to profits !

He was a big chap but lucky he was a sick drunk not a violent one !! The incidences of planes diverted have increased and think as profits are king more regulations will come into force

I like to see anyone enjoy themselves but not at the expense of others
Old 13-05-2015, 10:54

We flew back on Monday evening to Belfast and in hindsight Monday was probably the worst day we could have chosen to fly as it meant the Stag/Hen parties were all returning after a long weekend. I would recommend anyone to choose mid week. We had one guy unwell due to effects of alcohol taking up three seats refusing to move. One party arguing because he wanted to bring his own beer onboard and one guy in the middle of the aisle during the safety demo trying to do his own version. But it wasn't just the young guys and girls there was another couple I would guess in their fifties ordering treble whiskies while already very intoxicated and Easyjet still continue to serve drinks to these people.
Old 13-05-2015, 11:10

So easy to fix - as suggested earlier in the thread - put all Hens/Stags at rear of plane - fence it off - then (adding another thread here) - add about 6 or 7 (yes that should do it) - of the biggest and meanest goats we can catch - QED - (No ifs, no But(t)s )!!!!!
Old 13-05-2015, 12:07

Thought there was going to be uproar when smoking on flights was banned now it's totally accepted, so if you want to fly no smoking. The same could be applied to drinking, but as said the companies make too much money for this to happen. In the end it boils down to safety of the plane and the passengers thought this was supposed to be paramount.
Rachel23 and Nick like this.