Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2016, 10:08

Bulletin to quiz Scottish minister for infrastructure over lack of winter flights » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:
After having had no direct flights to Majorca or the Balearics as a whole since October, Scots are beginning to enjoy direct access to the island again, but the issue of the lack of winter flights is one that the Scots are not prepared to let drop.

The Bulletin, on behalf of its readers, has been pushing and campaigning for more direct winter flights from the UK as a whole for the past three years and it would appear that Jet2 has this year taken note to the winter demand and already begun operating demand flights to Palma from locations in northern England as well as Scotland.

full article on MDB website
Sponsored Links
Old 22-02-2016, 12:51

We'd been looking for a Saturday flight from Manchester for April. Could only find one at an unacceptable "middle of the night" time. Widened the search to Liverpool and Leeds/Bradford with a similar lack of success.

In the event, we've booked a Friday flight - still early but not ludicrously so - and will have an extra night in a hotel.
Old 23-02-2016, 20:20
Super Moderator

Ryanair have announced that they will be flying twice weekly from Edinburgh to Palma through the winter of 2016/17 .

Full story here :- Scotland winter flights » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin.
Lorenzo and lollipop like this.
Old 24-02-2016, 14:04

Thumbs up

just had a look and pretty well priced £42 one way pp not bad flight time leaving at 4 oclockish from Edinburgh
Old 25-02-2016, 16:30

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but they are also flying 3 times a week from Manchester (on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday):

Welcome to Ryanair!
fil6699 likes this.
Old 25-02-2016, 17:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bircho View Post
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but they are also flying 3 times a week from Manchester (on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday):

Welcome to Ryanair!
If this is correct then add that to Monarchs Monday and Friday flight in the winter that is almost u full service through winter that would be fantastic
Old 25-02-2016, 18:42

Ryanair also fly to Palma Wednesday and Sunday from Birmingham all winter
Old 26-02-2016, 11:17

Unhappy Newcastle airport

Still no flights from Newcastle until end of march, Edinburgh 100 miles, Manchester 120 miles, so long trip before you get on a plane. We live in Carlisle Cumbria and feel isolated from Spanish resorts in winter, only flights Canaries for some warmth.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey36 View Post
Ryanair also fly to Palma Wednesday and Sunday from Birmingham all winter
That's great for you in the south!!

Unfortunately people think that Manchester is the "North"... when in fact its in the middle!! 208miles to Berwick, 224 miles to Southampton!!

What we need is a service from somewhere between Manchester and Edinburgh!!...May I suggest Newcastle

My FlickR Photos
Old 26-02-2016, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post

Unfortunately people think that Manchester is the "North"... when in fact its in the middle!! 208miles to Berwick, 224 miles to Southampton!!

What we need is a service from somewhere between Manchester and Edinburgh!!...May I suggest Newcastle
Easyjet go from Liverpool That's somewhere in the north west int it?

(PS I needed to go over twice in the winter - out on a Thursday and back on a Monday for one and Friday to Tuesday for the other. From South Yorkshire. One involved a trip to Gatwick setting off from home at 3 am, the other was from Stanstead setting off at 4 am. Am I pleased they are going from Manchester in the winter?)
El Gordo likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post

Why not Leeds ?

If the UK were like Spain, Yorkshire would have it´s own local government and parliament, and at least one airport, subsidized by the EU.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 16:55

We were on the last flight out from Leeds to Palma this winter - November 4th I think - Jet 2. There were 17 of us on board We had to fly back to Manchester and get the train back to Leeds which was not too bad apart from the train line being flooded.

We are back out on the first Jet 2 flight of the season on Monday 29th Feb. So that's virtually 4 months without flights from God's own county.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
Why not Leeds ?

If the UK were like Spain, Yorkshire would have it´s own local government and parliament, and at least one airport, subsidized by the EU.
At the last Olympics, Yorkshire would have finished 11th in the medal table, above Australia, Japan and South Africa!
El Gordo and clinkham like this.
Old 26-02-2016, 17:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bircho View Post
Easyjet go from Liverpool That's somewhere in the north west int it?

(PS I needed to go over twice in the winter - out on a Thursday and back on a Monday for one and Friday to Tuesday for the other. From South Yorkshire. One involved a trip to Gatwick setting off from home at 3 am, the other was from Stanstead setting off at 4 am. Am I pleased they are going from Manchester in the winter?)
Liverpool...that's south of Manchester!! so it must be in the middle and you're from Sheffield!! Went to Uni in Sheffield....That's in the "Middle" as well!!

Stop trying to be Northern...You don't have to accept what Southerners say!! HaHa
Bircho likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 26-02-2016, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
Why not Leeds ?

Molt, I accept you are venturing further North than those in the Middle but...only just..

My FlickR Photos