Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Love birds in March (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/8460-love-birds-march.html)

El Gordo 24-02-2012 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 68471)
How about a drive upto the Lamb restaurant at Alaro, worth the experience,closed Mondays.

:eek: Have you actually driven that road!! Make sure you have ALL the insurances offered by your car hire company!! :eek: :rolleyes:

When we visited last year, the lamb was fantastic, must have been fresh as two sheep came into the restaurant looking for their mate!! They were obviously very tame as the owner gave them a tickle under their chins!! :D

PP_Kev 24-02-2012 02:27

If romance is on the cards, then there is options locally, how about the sunset from La Victoria or sitting and listening to Mariano Miranada if he is around in March. A bit further a field there is always Deia, the church there is beautiful combined with Valledemosa and the mountain coast in that area.

My wife and I enjoy taking a bottle of Cava down on the pine walk (the quieter end) late at night, when most people are in town or asleep, and sitting on a bench and just chilling to the sound of the sea. Its where we got engaged, and there is nothing like each others company in such a beautiful location. We have been to many places on the island, but its hard to beat PP!

lollipop 24-02-2012 09:27

El Gordo, Yes I have several times,but always think it is worth it for the views on a clear day and of course the Lamb !!

Belladonna 24-02-2012 09:58

La Victoria is definitely on the list Kev, just need to make sure they are actually open at the end of March, which I am pretty certain they are. A bench and a bottle of cava .......... you old romantic you! ;)
El Gordo. Yep, the drive up definitely needs a few minutes in complete silence sitting in the car park to get your head together and the heart rate slowing back down again. But the views are more than worth it. I think he tickles the sheep to check how fat they are getting! :rolleyes:

Gommar Goffer 24-02-2012 12:21

How about just wandering hand in hand through the pretty streets of the old town and then a nice tapas meals somewhere and a coffee and liqueur in the square people watching

Sparky 24-02-2012 12:28

Oooh!! is that an invite GG ;);).

Belladonna 24-02-2012 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 68541)
How about just wandering hand in hand through the pretty streets of the old town and then a nice tapas meals somewhere and a coffee and liqueur in the square people watching

A good standby if they don't fancy driving anywhere GG. Although they may have eyes only for each other!! ;)

Sparky 24-02-2012 19:38

There have been some brill suggestions but i just had a thought....how old are the lovebirds?. Teenagers, 20 or 30 somethings all have such differing ideas of romance ;).

pescador2009 24-02-2012 22:34

Whatever age, they'd probably have if fit if they knew their love life was being discussed on here! Perhaps they could just decide for themselves; though the suggestions have been interesting and variable.

sws97sdg 24-02-2012 22:42

Have to agree with you pescador, my two would go spare if they found out I was arranging their 'romantic' break for them!

Belladonna 24-02-2012 23:02

Wouldn't dream of discussing their "love life"!! :eek: Have certainly had some very helpful ideas to be able to suggest to them. Even after years of going somewhere, it is always good to have new suggestions, or reminders of places that you haven't been to for a long time, so thank you for them. ;)

El Gordo 24-02-2012 23:27

How about a Romantic Mallorcan recipe for her to practise while he has a few bevies in the Sports Bar!!!:rolleyes::eek:;)

sws97sdg 24-02-2012 23:34

lol Gordon, can I just say that every time someone says romantic the romantic hotel get a free plug, perhaps the person who started this romantic thread gets a bonus every time someones says romantic?

eleanor 24-02-2012 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 68562)
Have to agree with you pescador, my two would go spare if they found out I was arranging their 'romantic' break for them!

My two would love it and would consider it a blessing that one or other didn't have to come up with the ideas. As often as they have been to PP trying to impress their other half would be a challenge so for Mum to take over that role I think would be appreciated.

There certainly have been some wonderful ideas put forward that many of us can store for future reference. The good thing too is that the majority of ideas cover all age groups.

I'm sure they will have a wonderful time - how can you fail in such a lovely place. Just looking at the Bay would melt the hardest of hearts!

Look forward to hearing their outcome - perhaps you may even need to buy a hat Bella!! Lol