Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   es guix (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/160-es-guix.html)

pops 27-06-2007 03:25

es guix

Beautiful setting, food was ok,though I remember it being quite expensive. Havn't eaten there for a few years now, but remember being eaten by the mozzies. Pool very cold but refreshing in July /August or whenever it is very hot.I seem to remember there being a slide into the pool or is that my imagination? or is it still there?

Pops

debz1 27-06-2007 06:36

Pops there was no slide and it looked as if any areas that could have been jumped/ dived from ie rocks from the far side, had been fenced off. Health and safety maybe :rolleyes

Debs

yelob 18-07-2007 03:06

Just curious where is it after LLuc,I did that drive and didn't see any signposts for anywhere except Soller.

chelseadons 18-07-2007 03:39

Es Guix

It's no more than a mile way from LLUC on the Soller road. You have to look for the sign showing a slip road to the right which is marhed es Guix and hotel. When debz and i were there in Junethere was a lot of work going on clearing trees for more development.

The slide was there Pops but beaten up and dilapidated by what I assume were meant to be changing rooms. Those who haven't been for a while might be a bit dissapointed because itis definitely looking a little run down around the pool area. Strangest thing is all the signs saying no swimming allowed and then the waiter encouraging us to use the pool after we have eaten !!

Chelseadons

pops 19-07-2007 18:29

es guix

Chelseadons

I just knew I shouldn't have risked sitting on that slide. Back on the diet for me!!!

Cheers

Pops

DaveW 17-03-2008 01:03

Es Guix

Haven't been to Mallorca for several years but used to go to Es Guix when we did visit. We will be returning in a couple of weeks and hope to have ameal here. Does anyone know if it is open after the winter?

Belladonna 30-07-2010 15:43

2010 opening.

Just been on their website and it appears that they are now only open from April til July! Can anyone confirm this please, seems very strange that they do not stay open until at least September.:(

Alcanada 30-07-2010 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseadons (Post 800)
Strangest thing is all the signs saying no swimming allowed and then the waiter encouraging us to use the pool after we have eaten !!

Chelseadons

It must be an unauthorised swimming area and the sign is there to protect the restaurant if anyone has an injury, they are covering themselves basically.

We have never found the food to be great to be honest, but its an interesting place and a beautiful drive to get there. As others have said the temperature of the pool certainly brings the tears to your eyes!

Belladonna 07-08-2010 11:18

Have phoned Es Guix direct and they are definately open in September. Swimsuits at the ready - although I may just dangle toes, as that pool is VERY cold!:eek: