Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2011, 13:53
Super Moderator

Default Fundraising for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Throughout March and going into April there are going to be a lot of events in and around PP to raise funds for Breast Cancer Awareness. This is the timetable for March :-,

Fri 4th @ 7pm = Auction, karaoke and free buffet in Palms.
Sat 5th @ 11am = Topless dip in the sea from Bar Llenaire.
Sun 6th @ 10am = Walk to Lluc and back from Hardley's.
Sat 12th @ noon = Darts Marathon in Hardley's.
Sat 19th @ 2pm = Photo-thon (treasure hunt with a difference) in Hardley's.
Fri/Sat 24th/25th @ 7pm = X-pat Factor in Hardley's.

I will post April's events later.

Last edited by Sparky; 28-02-2011 at 16:25. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Old 28-02-2011, 15:33

Post Breast Cancer Awareness

Just to give some more details about Friday nights´ auction in Palms, we have managed to get some local businesses and people to donate some great lots for the auction including a meal for 2 at Hardleys American Diner, a fish & chip supper for 2 with a bottle of wine at the Codfather and 10 pints of any beer in Palms.

Anyone who is in PP this Friday evening we would encourage you to come down before 8pm when the fun will start and give your support for such a worthy charity. There is also a buffet and as Sparky has said this will be followed by Karaoke, so for a few hours of fun please do come down to give your support.

If anyone who won´t be here would like to sponsor any amount no matter how small, please send me a PM and I can add your details to the sponsor form in Hardleys Diner. Alternatively if you would like to bid for any of the prizes let me know and I will do a "sealed" secret squirrel bid on your behalf.

I will make sure I take my camera to post some pictures of the dip in the sea and walk to Lluc
Old 28-02-2011, 16:23
Super Moderator

Thank you so much for the more detailed info Usandthewoof , this is such a good cause and deserves to be well supported. I just hope it is warmer on Saturday for those crazy peeps who are going for a dip .
Old 28-02-2011, 16:57

I agree this is a very worthwhile cause and will be braving the sea on Saturday brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 28-02-2011, 17:03

Do you know if anyone has an on line sponsorship form set up, I am sure some members who cant be there would like to Sponsor people from here?

On island time!!
Old 28-02-2011, 17:12

Don't know of an online form but would be happy to accept sponsors if you PM me.
Old 28-02-2011, 17:25

Hi Lollipop, I shall be over next month so hopefully we will catch up will some of the events, it is a popular thing to do over here, have a web based sponsorship form at the charity web site who collect on line securely for you, perhaps something for you all to consider maybe?

On island time!!
Old 28-02-2011, 18:58

Have PMd you UATW, with a couple of bids. Over in April to collect my prizes!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:13

Post Breast Cancer Awareness

Many thanks for the sponsorship BD and I shall look after your prizes with great diligence ! LOL

Lollipop, I shall see you at Llenaire on Saturday morning - I will be the one in the luminous pink shower cap ! Please do come and say hello as it would be nice to put names to faces.

Off to source some whale blubber in Palma !!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
I agree this is a very worthwhile cause and will be braving the sea on Saturday brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Topless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????? ?
Old 01-03-2011, 13:17

You'll have to look at the pictures that I am sure will be about for the answer !!!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by usandthewoof View Post
Many thanks for the sponsorship BD and I shall look after your prizes with great diligence ! LOL

Lollipop, I shall see you at Llenaire on Saturday morning - I will be the one in the luminous pink shower cap ! Please do come and say hello as it would be nice to put names to faces.

Off to source some whale blubber in Palma !!!!

Or in you case names to something else!!!!

Very best of luck BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Hope it's not too cold for obvious reasons
Old 01-03-2011, 19:58

Post Dip in the Sea

Very true Debz I just hope we don´t get the snowfall that Sparky has predicted in the weather forecast

I will look for a " black out box" so that unsuitable aspects of any pictures can be hidden before put onto flickr ! I will look like a readers wife LOL !!!!

There have been a few more prizes offered in the auction this Friday night including ;

Roast dinner for 2 people at Hells Kitchen with a glass of wine
2 hours gardening
2 hours of singing lessons
3 hours of plastering
3 hours of decorating
A meal for 2 at Fletchers
Lunch for 2 at El Posito
A round of golf at Pollensa golf course

Again, if anyone wishes to make a "sealed bid" for any item, PM me and I will act on your behalf.

To all of you who have PMd me so far, a huge thank you for your support.
Old 02-03-2011, 14:36

!Oh dear. The weather is not looking good for the weekend swimming session. Carry on with the training in cold showers!

Unstable weather expected to last until the weekend, says Met Office
STAFF REPORTER
THE Balearics has been shivering from the effects of a freezing storm which blew across the north and northeast of the country on Sunday and has since collided with an anticyclone in the Atlantic. The results could mean unstable weather until the weekend, the National Weather Agency (AEMET) warned yesterday.

Regional AEMET spokesman Angel Rivera said that icy temperatures would mean that the snow line would descend “significantly” leading to blizzard conditions at between 400 and 600 metres above sea level on the northern mainland and at 800 metres in the Balearic Islands.

Freezing conditions are expected to continue tomorrow but the cold spell will gradually be moving away from the country pushed out by another weather front moving in from the West. Strong northerly winds will then give way to softer ones from the south and southeast and temperatures are expected to rise.

Skies will become cloudier and light showers and drizzle may be widespread. “There’s no chance of clear skies,” this week, Rivera said, adding that even though it is now the beginning of March, it was impossible to discount more wintry spells such as this one.

Rivera said that the sharp change of temperature from last Saturday into Sunday was “within the levels of brusque change” experienced over the last few years.
Old 02-03-2011, 14:59
Super Moderator

According to MeteoSat and Google, Sat/ Sun will be sunny and temps rising to 16c + but even if it's colder i am sure a hot coffee and very large brandy in Bar Llenaire will soon warm you up girls.