Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

Like Tree21Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-2018, 00:22

Default Flu

Sparky,

Are you getting your winter flu jab????

I only got mine last week, because it seriously interferes with your (mine) warfarin INR read - that is I should have had the injection around October, but because I had Pneumonia at that time I wasn't allowed to take it.

But it still works at this time of the year apparently.

Hope that you are feeling well soon.

Tman

Take care, hope that we will meet soon!
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-01-2018, 09:45

Great atmosphere around PP last night, finished off with a cracking night in Nostalgia. Paying for it this morning though.
Sparky likes this.
Old 18-01-2018, 09:51
Super Moderator

So the tree arrived late but it was climbed fairly quickly.

Unfortunately it wasn't so successful in Pollensa, the tree got stuck when it fell off the wagon slightly injuring a couple of people, then it snapped as they tried to force it around a corner, so the top 6 metres were lost but it eventually got planted. I watched it on TV and it looked like too much grease had been used so the guys really struggled but it was conquered after 1am .
car77 and Tommo like this.
Old 18-01-2018, 14:09
Super Moderator

OH NO!!!! the dreaded Elf and Safety rears it's ugly head, a translation from the DDM :-

Quote:
Pollença will introduce changes in the Pi party to improve safety
A commission will assess if it is necessary to limit the height, thickness and weight of the tree, among other aspects linked to the tradition

The city council of Pollença will rethink the party of the Pi of Sant Antoni after the incidents of last night, that caused the breakage of the pine during the maneuver of entrance to the Plaça Vella . The government team chaired by Mayor Miquel Àngel March announced today that it will gather the security commission to "improve the performances" in the coming years with the aim of strengthening the security of the party.

One of the aspects that will be taken into account will be the possibility of limiting the maximum height of the pine , as well as its thickness and its weight in order to facilitate access to the Plaça Vella. It will also study possible changes in the car that transports the tree, which yesterday did not support the weight of the trunk and ended up overturning, causing several injuries. The itinerary of the tree, the capacity of the Plaça Vella or the consumption of alcohol will be other aspects to value, as well as the soap that rubs on the trunk, which yesterday was excessive because someone outside the organization decided to put more sliding material. This fact contributed to hinder the climb, which was completed after theone of the dawn , an unpublished schedule until the date.