Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Entertainment in Pollensa & Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Guitarist Mariano Miranda (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/entertainment-pollensa-majorca/7113-guitarist-mariano-miranda.html)

Spstoneys 08-03-2011 20:01

Guitarist Mariano Miranda

Does anybody know if the fine guitarist, Mariano Miranda, still plays in PP, please? We saw him last June and enjoyed the free concert.

Sparky 08-03-2011 20:21

Yes i believe he will be playing some nights in Ca'n Josep. :D

lollipop 09-03-2011 09:24

Yes Sparky, that is what Josep said and I am sure he will be playing at other venues as well.

Disorderly 09-03-2011 13:57

I believe that he actually lives in Argentina and returns to PP every summer. As well as C'an Josep he can often be found at The Daina and Zarzarles.

He's also a very nice guy.

Duncan

kate1 09-03-2011 18:01

I think he's around from May to September - sadly we always seem to miss him as he is there out of season!

He has a good website through which you can buy CDs. A very talented guy.

BonysLad 09-03-2011 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 55350)
I believe that he actually lives in Argentina and returns to PP every summer. As well as C'an Josep he can often be found at The Daina and Zarzarles.

He's also a very nice guy.

Duncan

Duncan

He is indeed . He is Argentinian, from Buenos Aires .

Was listening to him one night in Josep's and a very nice couple came in with their blind son of about 21 years old. Tragically this lad lost his sight through illness in his early teens. Anyway later in the evening they asked Mariano if the son could play his guitar.

Well he just blew us away with his playing. Mariano was the first to lead the applause.

Just wondering in the off chance that his parent's read the forum how he is getting on ?

BonysLad

Andrew & Pat 12-10-2012 20:10

A maestro!

He certainly is still playing. We've just returned from a wonderful week in Puerto Pollensa where we spent a wonderful evening at the Daina Hotel with him. Unbelievable skill, enthusiasm and total, infectious love of his music.

Mama Mia 14-10-2012 18:19

Hes fantastic, have bought two of his CD's. Not sure if he plays outside the peak season though.

smg 29-05-2013 07:15

Plays in the piano bar at club pollentia resort on Tuesday s. A brilliant performance last night.....had the crowd spellbound for over 2 hours.

animagic21 30-05-2013 18:41

Spoke to some friends just back from PP, they said he was playing at the Daina on Weds evenings!!!

Les Singleton 30-06-2013 16:47

Website - where?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 55370)
I think he's around from May to September - sadly we always seem to miss him as he is there out of season!

He has a good website through which you can buy CDs. A very talented guy.

Hi Kate,
We saw MM at Purto last year, he was awesome! I bought 'Guitarra 5' from him, and thought it would be rubbish (but wanted to make a donation) - WRONG - it's GREAT. I tried to contact him on his Hotmail address, but no reply :-( I've looked high and low for a website, but can't find one. I've also tried to buy morte of his CD's, but again, can't see them on sale (except at his venues). We're hoping to go back to PP later this year, and we're hoping HE will add to the magic of our holiday like he did last time.
If you DO know where I can buy more of his CD's, please reply to me.
Thanks

smg 30-06-2013 20:43

Plays in the piano bar at club pollentia resort on Tuesdays. worth a bus / taxi ride

tangofan 01-07-2013 10:15

Smg - no need for the bus or taxi - he is still at The Daina on Wednesday evenings at 8.30. Les - plenty of CDs for sale too! If you are not sure of any of the tracks he will play a brief few bars for you!

PP_Kev 01-07-2013 10:22

I would recommend guitarra 4 (red cover), there is definatly tracks on there most should recognise!

smg 01-07-2013 14:03

got 'em all, think a couple have video on them as well, but never watched those

sws97sdg 01-07-2013 14:13

Speaking of vids, found this on youtube, you might recognise it Albeniz - Granada by Mariano Miranda - YouTube

Les Singleton 01-07-2013 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by PP_Kev (Post 85645)
I would recommend guitarra 4 (red cover), there is definitely tracks on there most should recognise!

Oh wow, thanks SO much everyone for the replies and interest. I REALLY hope we see him, now have notes of all places suggested. Would see him night after night, if we could. I only have Guitarra 5, but am really not that bothered if I know the songs or not - just love his style of playing. As I've only just joined this forum, there are a lot of things I can't do. I have put a lovely video of MM on youtube, but don't think admin will let me post a URL on here? If you type in the basic you tube address, then add; /watch?v=bo1EgfGDqBY after it, it SHOULD let you see my video - it still makes me sigh now, just listening to him play.
Seeing him rekindled my interest in Spanish/flamenco type playing, and I've also got a couple of Craig Ogden CD's ('Summertime' and 'The Guitarist' - both of which I highly recommend). There was a guy playing in the town I live this weekend (Bakewell, Derbyshire), and he was not far off Mariano's style and skill. It was a joy to listen to, and took me right back to the Daina where we heard MM.
If anyone can tell me where to buy his CD's (apart from in the resort itself), I would be very grateful. To say how good he is, he really undersells himself. Has almost no presence on the web? He would DEFINITELY make more money/sell more stuff, if he DID have a website (and an email address he answered) :-)

PP_Kev 02-07-2013 00:17

Mariano did have a website a couple of years ago, but I cant find it anymore, so perhaps he has given up on that idea ( I think it was something along the lines of guitarramiranda.com).

Mariano played at our wedding in PP nearly two years ago and helped make the day extra special, especially playing Ave Maria as t'other half walked down the aisle in the church.

Mariano is a PP legend, and we always try to seek him out when we are over. so we would also like the CD collection. Will seek him out later in the year hopefully.

Les Singleton 02-07-2013 08:42

LOL @ 't'other half :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by PP_Kev (Post 85693)
Mariano did have a website a couple of years ago, but I cant find it anymore, so perhaps he has given up on that idea ( I think it was something along the lines of guitarramiranda.com).

Mariano played at our wedding in PP nearly two years ago and helped make the day extra special, especially playing Ave Maria as t'other half walked down the aisle in the church.

Mariano is a PP legend, and we always try to seek him out when we are over. so we would also like the CD collection. Will seek him out later in the year hopefully.

Les Singleton 20-09-2013 08:23

We are returning to PP on 9th of October for ten nights, any info' on where Mariano is playing would be gratefully received, time and venue, if possible. Thanks

Les Singleton 26-09-2013 14:50

Anyone?????

Anyone got any info' on this please??

Belladonna 26-09-2013 15:12

I cant be 100% certain, but there was a guitar player in the Hotel Daina last week who looked and sounded exactly like him. It might be worth contacting the hotel and see if they have any information. A huge crowd listening to him spreading right back to the sea wall! Wish I had looked at the CDs he had on the table next to him!

Les Singleton 26-09-2013 15:49

Thanks

Thanks for that, Belladonna. I DID try to get a phone number for the Daina, but can't. I got one for the other two venues he sometimes plays at, if you have a number for the daina, I'd love to have it.
Oh wait - just clicked on the blue link and got it - thanks :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 88816)
I cant be 100% certain, but there was a guitar player in the Hotel Daina last week who looked and sounded exactly like him. It might be worth contacting the hotel and see if they have any information. A huge crowd listening to him spreading right back to the sea wall! Wish I had looked at the CDs he had on the table next to him!

Les Singleton 22-10-2013 17:16

Well we've been and are back. We got to see Mariano twice, and I bought the missing four CD's from my collection :-)
Sad to report that Mariano had an appointment with a doctor while we were there, but we didn't get to see him before we came home to see if he was OK. I will be posting several videos I took of him in the Daina soon on youtube.

PP_Kev 23-10-2013 00:26

Glad you got to see him. We managed to catch up with him once on our visit earlier this month (seems so long ago now).

Hope every thing is OK with Mariano, and long may his skills entertain us all.

Can I ask if you can post links to your videos once you have uploaded them to you tube, it will help me get through these wet, dark, dorset evenings, until we grace the port with our presence once more (if grace is the right word Sparky ;) )

Les Singleton 23-10-2013 07:53

Links

Here we go then the master at play!

Mariano 5 - YouTube
Mariano 4 - YouTube
Mariano 3 - YouTube
Mariano 2 - YouTube
001 Mariano - YouTube

They should work. Any problem, let me know.
Enjoy!

smg 23-10-2013 08:26

another one

Мариано Миранда - величайший мастер! (Mariano Miranda) - YouTube

quite a few on youtube

Sparky 23-10-2013 09:03

Great videos thanks for sharing :D.

wadavison 13-11-2013 12:49

Mariano Miranda

Promoting Mallorcan tourism and that of Puerto Pollenca in particular, I believe, could be enhanced by the use of the talents of this superb guitarist. Is there a way for Forum to promote this idea?

wadavison 14-11-2013 12:48

Mariano Miranda

I agree with Les Singleton and others about the performances of this guitarist and wonder if he could be involved in promotion activities for Puerto Pollenca. Any ideas?

Belladonna 16-04-2014 22:49

Finally managed to catch the elusive man himself! After our meal at El Casinet we went next door to Daina and Mariano was demonstrating a few tracks from his 5 cds after a night of playing. We managed to decide on 2 of them this time!
He plays at the Daina on Wednesdays, Villa Concha on Thursdays, Ulal on Fridays.
What a character he is! So much energy!
Oh, and its FREEZING tonight!!! :o

Sparky 16-04-2014 23:00

Thanks for the info Belladonna but at 13.4c not exactly freezing ;).

Belladonna 16-04-2014 23:09

Not technically that's true, but being tired and coming from a centrally heated house it flipping well feels like it at the moment! Looking forward to tomorrows sunshine then - or else the outside windows can stay dirty whilst I listen to more of MM with the heating on!! ;)

Sparky 17-04-2014 00:49

You are not allowed to clean your windows, i did mine last Thursday and it rained on Friday evening :eek:.

Belladonna 17-04-2014 07:42

Ah, right. Thank you for letting me know the update on the new PP laws. I could have ruined the whole holiday!!! :eek:;)

Sparky 17-04-2014 08:55

You are welcome, would hate for you to incur the wrath of other forum members who are here :cool:;).

animagic21 17-04-2014 09:56

No!!! Don't clean the windows!! We are arriving Sun afternoon & some of forecasts look dire!!! Can't wait to get to the Daina Weds to listen to our favourite guitarist!,

Belladonna 17-04-2014 10:58

Oh alright. May just give them a good wipe then sneak up on them! Been listening to the cds, so relaxing over a coffee and chat with other forum friend who also isn't cleaning windows!! :D

sws97sdg 17-04-2014 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by animagic21 (Post 93693)
No!!! Don't clean the windows!! We are arriving Sun afternoon & some of forecasts look dire!!! Can't wait to get to the Daina Weds to listen to our favourite guitarist!,

Not as dire as it looks for Sunday and Monday here!!!! :eek::eek::mad:

debz1 09-05-2014 19:54

Sitting on the balcony on a beautiful balmy night listening to the unmistakeable strumming of Mariano coming from the Villa Concha!

How very perfect :)