Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Children

Children Anything to with kids & Teens!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 23:35

We go each year with our kids and our opinion would be

Alcudia - small but kids seem to enjoy it as easy to get around, smaller queues and smaller slides (oldest aged 8). More of a half day than a full day but drinks and food are expensive and not good quality. Currently boycotting it due to no food rule. Busy getting in so buy tickets in advance

El Arenal - the biggest and best but very busy. 3 great kids pools, lots of open space and shaded areas and regular wave pool. Holiday reps are helping with the entertainment this year so much noiser but still good. And you can take a picnic ! Lots of bigger slides for teenagers as well.

Western Waterpark - always liked this as it looks great and is big. However v busy as close to Magaluf and they have reduced the amount of free shows, no more horse show (not great anyhow) , no sealions, no variety show but still have the high divers who are excellent. Nice park with a 2 good kids pools and a large wave pool (when working). Food expensive so picnic again.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08

Thanks for the update Jilly, its good to get the latest info, and that seems to confirm what has been said, btw pleased the sealions have gone, they belong in the sea hence the name!

On island time!!
Old 02-08-2011, 14:57

Western waterpark is in my opinion & the kids is the best due to the shows that are put on which are included in the price. Makes a nice break to come off the slides & sit & watch them, kids also love them. Then Aqualand in Arenal second. Watch out when arriving through the airport as they are usually people giving leaflets out for them with discount vouchers in. Also once you have been once you can get tickets for half price or less to return again.
Old 28-04-2012, 20:52

When they were younger i always took the kids down south to Arenal or Magaluf waterparks, although it was a 50 min drive it was still worth it. The nearest to PP is Alcudia, would be OK for very young kids, but the ones down South are far superior. Alcudia was a bit out of date. Unless they have invested some money in the last few years.
Old 30-04-2012, 20:38

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah70 View Post
Has anyone been to both Alcudia Waterpark and El Arenal Waterpark who might be able to give me an opinion on which is better? I hate waterparks but have promised my children that we will go at least once. It would be good to know that we have chosen the better of the two.

Does anyone know if either of them are saltwater. Last year we went to a waterpark in mainland Spain which was saltwater and the children hated it.

Thanks
Alcudia is very small.suitable for under 11s Western water park in Magaluf is best all round. i.m.o
Old 30-04-2012, 20:39

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
We go each year with our kids and our opinion would be

Alcudia - small but kids seem to enjoy it as easy to get around, smaller queues and smaller slides (oldest aged 8). More of a half day than a full day but drinks and food are expensive and not good quality. Currently boycotting it due to no food rule. Busy getting in so buy tickets in advance

El Arenal - the biggest and best but very busy. 3 great kids pools, lots of open space and shaded areas and regular wave pool. Holiday reps are helping with the entertainment this year so much noiser but still good. And you can take a picnic ! Lots of bigger slides for teenagers as well.

Western Waterpark - always liked this as it looks great and is big. However v busy as close to Magaluf and they have reduced the amount of free shows, no more horse show (not great anyhow) , no sealions, no variety show but still have the high divers who are excellent. Nice park with a 2 good kids pools and a large wave pool (when working). Food expensive so picnic again.
There's a no food rule in all of the water parks , I believe
Old 30-07-2012, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
There's a no food rule in all of the water parks , I believe
Always taken picnics to Western and Aqualand and had no problems.

Alcudia Waterpark started searching customers at opening time last year and removing some food and drinks, so we turned up after lunchtime (as its really only a half day park) and had no issues in bringing our own supplies as no staff at the gate.

Did the same again last week - noticed some hotel picnic carriers abandoned by the bins at the entrance- so suspect they are still doing the same, especially given the queues for food were massive.

Its expensive enough without being forced to buy overpriced food and drink and noticed they still had the warning on their website

" Please note! For health and safety reasons you can not bring any kind of food or beverage to the park. HidroPark has water sources with drinkable water free of charge"
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15

Went to hydroparknin Alcudia and all 6 kids in our group had a great day, so job done!
Old 09-08-2012, 13:16

Hidropark are still removing food &drink ,which is nonsense because the food inside is overpriced &some of the worst I have ever consumed.In my opinion it is a H&S problem consuming this stuff.
Old 13-08-2012, 14:06

Looks like the secret is to arrive later in the day when the searching staff are elsewhere.

Food looks poor quality and expensive, and drinks are very expensive and couldn't find any of these supposedly free water machines