Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Children (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/children/)
-   -   Which is the best Waterpark? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/children/7698-best-waterpark.html)

Hannah70 14-07-2011 16:28

Which is the best Waterpark?

Has anyone been to both Alcudia Waterpark and El Arenal Waterpark who might be able to give me an opinion on which is better? I hate waterparks but have promised my children that we will go at least once. It would be good to know that we have chosen the better of the two.

Does anyone know if either of them are saltwater. Last year we went to a waterpark in mainland Spain which was saltwater and the children hated it.

Thanks

sws97sdg 14-07-2011 16:51

It depends on how old your kids are, the one in alcudia I would say is better for younger kids. the one in El Arenal is twice as big and is great for bigger kids like teenagers and me. Neither are saltwater, hope this helps

Hannah70 14-07-2011 18:03

SWS - thanks so much for posting a reply. That's just the information I was hoping for. My children are 9 and 10 so I think I shall go to Alcudia. What a bonus knowing that the one that suits us better is the closest too!

Great forum. I always find what I need on here!

Thank you to everyone who contributes.

sunny 14-07-2011 20:00

We've been going to the one in Alcudia for a couple of years now kids are 14/12. I don't like the slides but they love them much prefer this park as its small enough for me to sit and watch them, all of the slides are next to each other with large pool to swim in front of them. Bus is easy from the port only couple of mins walk from stop.

emmalou 14-07-2011 20:12

Sunny is it obvious where to get off the bus? :confused:

sunny 14-07-2011 20:51

yes, bus goes through old town alcudia then couple of stops the driver shouts hydropark just before turning to the stop, you'll see the water park before the bus turns.

sunny 14-07-2011 20:52

Forgot to say we usually buy tickets on the morning we are going from hotel reception, or no frills on the see front to save waiting in line at park

emmalou 14-07-2011 21:28

great, thanks sunny.

cumberland8 14-07-2011 22:30

A word of warning the food in the Alcudia park is shocking & expensive, take your own comestibles.

sws97sdg 14-07-2011 22:38

Actually I dont think you can take your own food!

Chemical Dave 14-07-2011 23:59

Hannah

I have only been to the Alcuida park and was not impressed. Search the forum and you will find a few posts giving you more information. I felt health and safety left something to be desired, it is expensive, and I did not like my bags being searched. Some seem to like it though.

Adios

Dave

kcdc230 15-07-2011 06:29

Coincidentally, we went to Aranel waterpark yesterday, and are going to Alcudia park today! I concur with previous posts in that from previous visits the Alcudia park is definitely more compact. Our 4 year old prefers it as she can go splashing aroubd more while 21 year old goes on the slides!

It remains to be seen how much Alcudia costs, but yesterdays visit to Aranel was horrendously expensive - €80 for 3 adults and 1 child to get in, and then just over €40 for food at lunchtime!!

sws97sdg 15-07-2011 09:14

Agree it is expensive, but it was always the highlight for the kids, you can get discount vouchers around for the main attractions, in fact the free map they hand out at the airport as you come down the last ramp has money off coupons for the parcs, not sure how much but might save you a bit.
Let us know how you get on today kcdc230, it will be good to have up to date info.

JMD40 15-07-2011 13:09

I have always enjoyed Western Water Park. Hidropark is a little expensive for what it is but I would recommend for families with young children as not so big and busy. They have the optional additional attraction of the crazy golf course too. From memory food can not be taken into the park and this is why the bags are searched. Poor move I would say in times of crisis.
For teenagers it has to be Western Water or Arenal. Enjoy.

kcdc230 16-07-2011 06:40

Unfortunately we didn't make it to the Alcudia park yesterday - our 4 year old decided that 2 waterparks in 2 days was probably too much, and she's in charge!!!

We are now planning on going next week some time.