PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Children

Children Anything to with kids & Teens!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2005, 05:56
Founder

Default Sporty stuff for Teens

Hi Penny,

although this current forum is a bit of a hotch-potch I'm trying to separate the topics so that we can move them back to the aprropriate forums later.

Anyway, I have a son of a similar age & for the last 2 summers he has been wind surfing. You can do a course with Sail & Surf & then rent the boards out. You can also do the same with sailing dingies. If you want to do this, wander down to their desk on the main Sandy beach as soon as you arrive as courses get booked up - see their ad on www.puertopollensa.com/sailing_watersports.html
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2005, 21:05
PennyWhite

Thanks very much, I have found their website too.
I wish all holiday places had a website like this one!!
Old 06-06-2005, 21:19
Sara4

Hi,

I fancied having a go at Parasailing (I think that's what it was called!) in the port last year. As it turned out we ran out of days but my mum pointed out that I should check my insurance to actually make sure I was covered for any accidents - not being negative, but practical (and I am particularly accident prone). I am pretty sure that I wasn't as you need to have different insurance for things like ski-ing, so if your children are looking at doing lots of different sporty activities, it might be as well just to make sure that you are covered. If you have already thought of this, then ignore me and have fun!
Old 06-06-2005, 22:17
Founder

I think this is what we did last year as well - if you mean the speed boat that leaves from the quay near rest Stay. You are attached to a harness & go up in the air with a parachute above you - no skill required. We did that & didn't even think about the insurance - it was great & you get fab views.

There is somthing similar that people do woth surf boards - much more difficult.
Old 08-06-2005, 00:36
PennyWhite

hmmmmm speedboat from Quay, is there water skiing I wonder? He was a wizard at that a few years ago.
We have a new situation, no big sister (chilling out after A levels with her chums Somewhere Else) or school chums with us this year, I may even suggest the telescopic fishing rod too!
We have a pretty comprehensive insurance and also remain philosophical after sixteen years of bumps scrapes and er a few breaks.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:48

What about Kyacks

Not strictly for teans only but he may well be interested

We rented Kyacks this year from a guy right up at the end of the pine walk near the military base. It was great fun and can be enjoyed by all the family although I suspect children younger than 7 would probably need to be in one with an
adult.

He rents junior Kayacks, one person Kayacks and larger ones suitable for 2 adults and a child.

Life jackets are provided

There were 4 of us ranging from 11 to late 40's, none of us had ever done it before and he was so helpful ..... gave us a verbal lesson before we set off in order to ensure we got the best out of the experience.

It was suprisingly easy ..... and as you can imagine the adults were shown up by the 11 year old who took to it like a duck to water and would have gladly made her way over to Alcudia if permitted.

We rented for an hour although you can rent for whole or half days.

In the hour we managed to travel as close to the base as allowed ( just to be nosy ) and also went right along the pinewalk almost as far as the Daina

Great fun, highly recommended
Old 12-06-2005, 22:53
PennyWhite

Default Re: Not so Sporty stuff for Teens

er... request from son James: what are licensing laws there?
ie age wise. and from parents who have not been to PP before but other Spanish mainland places, are there safe places for teens to hang out in during the evening without the wrinklies cramping their style?
Old 23-06-2005, 05:57
SenorLovey

For "james"

To drink you have to be 16- although usually relaxed if you look older than 14.

some places are 18 but not many- (tukys art club(above chivas and mulligans?)

Chivas is the most popular nightspot late in the evening- tiny nightclub with a mixture of us hardcore teens and locals, have to be 16 and it shuts at 6am. Never had any trouble but have seen a few fights. but this only happens when young teens get far too drunk and look for fights. However in my eyes if your out to have a good time then there is no reason for any trouble what so ever and this venue is one of the best and safe.
Old 23-06-2005, 21:54
PennyWhite

Thankyou SenorLovey, any other info you can pass on would be very gratefully received8)