Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Children

Children Anything to with kids & Teens!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 04:02
jimmeybruce

Default Kiddy disco times???? any earlier disco....?

Dear all,

We are visiting pollensa at the end of June. We have 2 1/2 year old twins. Our kids are very good with routine however keeping them up late beyond 9pm usually results grumpy kids.... and then grumpy parents....

in previous trips to spain we've found many kiddy discos only start at 9:00pm,. but that was early may...

can anyone recommend hotels were the disco start earlier...

Our kids love discos - been a few times to centre parks in uk but disco for kids is 6-8....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2006, 04:03
Snowy

Maybe The Pollensa Park but not sure.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:55

We always used to take ours to the villa Concha in El Pinaret there's always lots going on there and they never used to care (or know ) that we weren't staying as long as we bought drinks icecreams etc
Old 03-06-2006, 05:13

Jimmy

Not sure where you are staying but if you are at the I'lla D'Or end of town you could try the Ora Playa ( on the old Formentor Road ) or the Playamar ( dedicated Thompsons hotel, with playground and lots of activities near the football ground ) .... both have loads of kiddies entertainment and have never complained when we have taken the children to join in

On the other hand .... experience has also told me that a bucket and spade and a fishing net, some encouragement to collect and then watch hermit crabs, some bread to feed to the fishes etc can keep little ones amused for hours ...... perhaps yours will still be a touch too young to play by themselves this year, but gettem trained and it'll pay off in spades in future years ......... and guess what , my 12 year old wouldn't admit it publically, but its still her favourite way to spend a lazy PP afternoon
Old 12-05-2008, 17:59

Hi

We're out in PP in early June and after the same kind of info, places (hotels presumably) we can take the kids (aged 5 and 2) and tag on to their organised entertainment as long as we spend a few Euros at the bar or restaurant.

We are staying in the Boquer district so anywhere near there would be ideal.

Cheers

Ali
Old 12-05-2008, 19:33

Default places for kids entertainment

If you are in Boquer , you are very near the Ora Playa ....... there is always stuff going on for kids there ......... but it is a bit manic.

But that is just my opinion, I don't really like busy places with "laid on" entertainment.

There again, when only visiting for short periods of time it's perhaps a way of getting the best of both worlds

When the children in our family were younger, we would have an early dinner a couple of times a week and then call in for the childrens disco ..... never had any complaints from the staff so long as we bought a few drinks at the bar.

Interestingly, when we would speak to them about their holidays, these nights were NOT the ones they would remember as the "best" ...... the best nights were playing in the square with other children from many nationalities and joining in with impromptu football games and general "tig" type games on the beach near Katy's and Little Italy ( then the coach House ) and " going out for the special meals " ( when we wanted to eat at more upmarket places, we used to dress the girls up and tell them they were going to very special places to eat , that only allowed very well behaved children .............. it worked a treat )

I think we sometimes think they need more organised entertainment than they actually do need, throw a few of them together and they make their own.

Last edited by its cd; 12-05-2008 at 19:35.
Old 19-05-2008, 17:29

thanks - i couldn't agree more, last year they were happiest paddling in the sea in the evenings on our leisurely post dinner walk - they both stripped off all their clothes and went skinny dipping for ages, took us forever to get them back home again for bed.

Far more memorable than doing the birdie song in some gloomy basement!

only 2 weeks to go, can't wait!!
Old 20-05-2008, 12:35

couldnt agree more CD...................your family experiences sound exactly like mine......are we leading double lives?
the Ora Playa is ideal for the odd structured kids fun.......the staff there are brill.....and no one minds you joining in once you have a drink (never a problem for me)......our girls love the mix of an evening either playin and eating on the PW, afterwards maybe hanging around he square at Boneys or surfing the net in Cultural, or a meal in Centric, Tangos or El Posito, followed by maybe dancing and watchin shows in Ora Playa, or just wandering along the PW looking at the sand sculptures
PP has the perfect balance for kids entertainment IMO and the nights they remember best are usually the simple ones........except for winning a prize/bingo at the Ora Playa maybe

K
Old 16-06-2008, 17:46

just got back from 2 weeks in PP, had a fab apartment but popped in most days and nights to the Puerto Azul (one block inland from the Ora Playa and much nicer). Didn't feel too guilty as we spent plenty of cash there on food and drink.

Really good vibe there, great entertainer reps (Carl and Sarah) and lots of kids club dances including supersplashers each day at 11:30am (dances in the shallow pool) and from 8:30pm each night, including Thomson the dog who my little ones loved.

If you are out there and have kids under 10 they will love:

The Finger Song
Star Trekkin
Court of King Caractacus
Hokey Cokey
The Train Song
and my personal favourite, Big Fish Little Fish

Shabbah!