Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 17:53

Default Auriga Crown

Am I right in thinking that Auriga Crown are on site at Palma? I don't fancy having to be bused just to pick the car up.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 18:40
Founder

Yes they are. We used them last month & they were fine.
Old 07-04-2009, 21:37

Yes, we have used Auriga Crown for the first time this time. I have always used Record in the past. There was no queue at the Auriga Crown desk in the airport. The hire car was also much cleaner and in better condition. They do have the full/empty fuel policy though - along with most of the other hire car companies it seems.
Old 26-04-2009, 12:36

Can you remember what they charged for the full tank? I am booked through them for my July visit?
Old 26-04-2009, 16:48

Smile Auriga Crown

Yes, the full tank seems to be around 50 euros (for a Ford Focus) plus we paid 3 euros (ish) per day for extra insurance.
We also noticed the the regulation hi-viz jacket was in the glove compartment in the car. I may have missed them in the Record cars but never seemed to find them.

When we returned the car, they had a member of staff on hand to check the car - I had to fish out the hire car paperwork so be ready for that!

Will definitely use them again.
Old 27-04-2009, 13:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
Yes, the full tank seems to be around 50 euros (for a Ford Focus) plus we paid 3 euros (ish) per day for extra insurance.
We also noticed the the regulation hi-viz jacket was in the glove compartment in the car. I may have missed them in the Record cars but never seemed to find them.

When we returned the car, they had a member of staff on hand to check the car - I had to fish out the hire car paperwork so be ready for that!

Will definitely use them again.
Thanks, we have reserved Zafira, so I expect to pay around 65 - 70 euros for fuel?
Old 24-06-2009, 11:33

With the current hire cost increases being reported on this forum, has anyone else used Auriga Crown in the last couple of months and has any opinions they may wish to add?
Old 25-06-2009, 15:42

I used them last week and the good is that there was only two in the queue as opposed to 14/15 at record. the car was spotless clean. Yes they charge 3 euro a day extra insurance and my diesel full tank for which i didn't have an option was 55 euror. I left them half a tank when i came back. Particulary concerned that the person i gave the keys and paperwork back accused me of breaking a rear reversing light As I had picked up the car at night hadn't noticed but bluffed my way into telling them it was like that when i collected. After a few heated exchanges they suddenly found some paperwork to state that the previous person had damaged!! I didn't like their attititude.Why were they bothered as I had (Or thought I had) full insurance. Always check the car thouroughly before you leave the park.
Old 25-06-2009, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
I used them last week and the good is that there was only two in the queue as opposed to 14/15 at record. the car was spotless clean. Yes they charge 3 euro a day extra insurance and my diesel full tank for which i didn't have an option was 55 euror. I left them half a tank when i came back. Particulary concerned that the person i gave the keys and paperwork back accused me of breaking a rear reversing light As I had picked up the car at night hadn't noticed but bluffed my way into telling them it was like that when i collected. After a few heated exchanges they suddenly found some paperwork to state that the previous person had damaged!! I didn't like their attititude.Why were they bothered as I had (Or thought I had) full insurance. Always check the car thouroughly before you leave the park.
Thanks Grandad!