Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-03-2009, 12:13

Question CONFUSED! Which Car

Hello everyone.

We are travelling to PP for the 3rd time is Sept - Yippee. But we don't really know what to do about car hire. Our party will be 4 adults, 1 child (3 years) and 1 baby (8mths).

Can anyone suggest/recommend what car model to go for and where to get the best deal.

Also does anyone know what the legal safety requirements are for driving with toddlers & babies, do they need to be in car seats? do the car hire firms provide them?

Cost is an issue for us as we are travelling on a budget so If we can't afford to hire a car do we go for a cheaper taxi/bus transfer and are babies & toddlers just sat on laps in that case?

Thanks to anyone who can offer advise
Sponsored Links
Old 20-03-2009, 12:42
Founder

Welcome to the forum!

I found this on the aa site http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...s/AA_Spain.pdf but basically I don't think you should act any differently than you do in the UK i.e. if you hire, you need a 6 seater plus baby/child seats & the majority of standard taxis are only licensed to take 4 people unless you can find & pre-book one with a people carrier - see Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers but you must enquire about appropriate car seats. I think some people bring them with them on the plane.

I know this may be costly, but above all please consider the SAFETY of your children. There are a lot of road accidents in Mallorca.
Old 20-03-2009, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto View Post
Hello everyone.

We are travelling to PP for the 3rd time is Sept - Yippee. But we don't really know what to do about car hire. Our party will be 4 adults, 1 child (3 years) and 1 baby (8mths).

Can anyone suggest/recommend what car model to go for and where to get the best deal.

Also does anyone know what the legal safety requirements are for driving with toddlers & babies, do they need to be in car seats? do the car hire firms provide them?

Cost is an issue for us as we are travelling on a budget so If we can't afford to hire a car do we go for a cheaper taxi/bus transfer and are babies & toddlers just sat on laps in that case?

Thanks to anyone who can offer advise
You will need a six seater, best deal I found was a Zafira (7 seats) for £380 for two weeks. You will need car seats for both kids, hiring them there is very expensive, cheaper taking your own over.

Cant comment on the bus policies.
Old 20-03-2009, 18:03

Hi
I have used loads of times gold car europa as i find them.. not entirely the cheapest but if you scratch , or someone bumps you and it does happen.. they are not the kind of car hire company that has a clipboard waiting for you at the airport inspecting for marks.. they just dont care.. never had problems with them and use them say 8 times a year
Old 21-03-2009, 09:52

Hi Pluto, I wasn`t sure how long you will be in PP for so this is only a guide , you can check the exact price yourselfif you need 2 weeks.

do you spain Spain car hire with All Inclusive Prices, Spain car hire with 100% Peace of Mind, Car hire in Spain with No Hidden Costs! have a zafira ,as you will need 6 seats, for 280 Euro for 1 week and you pay on arrival at Palma. We personally love the flexibility of having your own transport.

A baby seat and a booster seat are both 3 Euro per day each up to a maximum of 36 Euro each.
When our son was a baby we just carried our own baby seat along with us and now he is older we also carry his booster seat as hand luggage as it is so light in weight.
I do hope this is helpful and have a wonderful time.

Regards Tanya
Old 21-03-2009, 22:22

Default Record 10% discount to Forum members.

Hiya pluto,

I have been using Record for years now but for my next hire, I had checked out doyouspain. I then contacted Record, and asked if the could better the price and theY have, just but aslo offered a discount to fourum users...see earlier post copied in below. Hope u get something sorted
Miriam

Quote:
However we would like to offer you and all puertopollensa.com customers a 10% off by sending an email to reservas@recordrentacar.com and saying they come from puertopollensa.com
Old 22-03-2009, 11:28

we always use europa car at the airport and never had any problems when the children were young with car seats

only thing we found was you have to fit them yourself which can be difficult if your not used to the model
Old 22-03-2009, 21:07

Hi everyone

thanks that is really helpful, I'm afraid I don't know much about cars so can see the Zafira 6 seater is what we should be looking at.