Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-08-2003, 00:51
Acorncup

Default New Road in PP?

We have just come back from a fortnight in Alcudia, used to go to the Puerto Azul every year from 96-02. Have watched the school being built, and now see they are carving a dual carriageway through the back of PP, cutting across the route to Boquer farmhouse. Presumably this is to improve the route through PP to the Formentor road, but does anyone know where it is coming out and what impact it is likely to have?
There have been so many apartments built behind Pine Walk in the last 2 or 3 years, can PP retain its character?
Well I suppose progress strikes everywhere! and I don't begrudge the local kids a school but this road sure was a shock to see!
Sponsored Links
Old 26-08-2003, 06:13
Founder

The new road is the bypass to Formentor - see the discussions here
pub237.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm23.showMessage?topicID=58.topic The road is fully supported by the locals since the current traffic along the current Formentor road through the centre of town is pretty bad & unnecessary when it involves tour buses going to Formentor. We have just come back & the traffic jams into the town each day were horrendous so hopefully the new road will improve that.
Old 27-08-2003, 03:44
Acorncup

Gosh Pollensa, thanks for the link, looks like a thread I missed! Certainly agree that a bypass will help the traffic, we came by taxi to visit some friends in PP for lunch on a Tuesday and the traffic into PP was horrendous.
But I won't forget our first visit to Puerto Azul, that first evening when we could see the lights of Boquer farmhouse, and the goats had escaped from the field and were clanking around in the scrub where the new school is. and the smell of fresh air and hot pine, then in the mornings we'd see a few old boys strolling along the path and helping themselves to some figs.
But bypasses are always contentious, I live near New Forest and we have the same dilemmas. And if the hotels etc had never been built in PP, then we'd never have been able to visit and share its beauty!