Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Pre-booked taxis from the airport (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/2545-pre-booked-taxis-airport.html)

Broadreach 14-08-2005 05:33

Re: Taxis from Airport to PP

Can definitely recommend Taxi Zarza run by Alicia and Toni whose parents run the Zarzales restaurant. Alicia met us at the airport on time with her big seven seater taxi-van and we had a great chat all the way to PP. She is a mine of information about everything to do with Majorca and has excellent English. She also warned us not to go speeding around in a hire car because the speed cops have a spy in the sky helicopter to chase the unwary.
She told us all about her family restaurant which we plan to visit soon.

Pinewalkpaddy 18-08-2005 19:18

Jose at taxi no.26 is who I've used for the past number of years but were disappointed this year that his brother in law Danni has gone back to the mainland as he was a real charachter but Jose is always reliable and courteous:D

debz1 18-08-2005 20:05

Can also recommend taxi Zarza. They have a large people carrier ,and Tony the son is very friendly and also a mine of information like his sisters.If there are more than 4 of you travelling you will need to pre book as 'taxi grandes' are not readily available at the airport .

Los Zarzales is our favourite restaurant in the Port...fantastic food great value for money and beautiful courtyard setting. The Zarza family are true hard workers ,professional ,and always charming and courteous unlike some other restauranteurs in the Port.

Snowy 18-08-2005 20:06

Debz

Can I just second all you have said above.

Broadreach 23-08-2005 22:15

Alicia turned up bang on time yesterday to whisk us back to the airport. Had a very nice natter on the way about all the things we did during our 11-day stay.
Sadly we didn't get round to going to her family restaurant.
"You must come for two weeks next time and make sure you do have time to come to the restaurant," advised Alicia.
I am sure we will.

Linzzzz 01-09-2005 07:04

So, is it worth pre-booking a taxi or am I likely to find one there? I arrive mid morning on a weekday. Would I be saving any money by booking in advance? Thanks.

smiddy 01-09-2005 22:06

Per-booked Taxi

Better to pre-book prices should be the same, but the PP taxis are normaly luxurious, were-as the Palma ones tend to be the basic taxi.

Linzzzz 02-09-2005 07:24

Re: Per-booked Taxi

Thanks for the reply smiddy. :D