Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree30Likes
  • 4 Post By mike_dublin
  • 2 Post By Lorenzo
  • 2 Post By Rosie34
  • 3 Post By mike_dublin
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 3 Post By varsp
  • 3 Post By Magic Hat
  • 12 Post By Chelseadons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2021, 12:38

Default Carjet/Doyouspain

Beware of this company, they cannot be trusted, and do not practice good customer service.

I booked a non-refundable car for next Thursday and paid £244. Immediately on receipt of my confirmatory email I recognized I had made a mistake and had booked from 5th July to the 15th July, rather than 8th July to 15th July.

Over the next two days I entered into lengthy waits on the phone and tortuous conversations with the company and their supplier. Both told me they could do nothing blaming the other as not being willing to help. The only outcome apparently was that when I didn’t turn up within 6 hours of the due date on the 5th July the suppliers would cancel the job and between the 2 companies my £244 would be shared with no service provided. The fact that I would be able to pick up the car on the 8th and was willing to accept the 10-day charge, apparently counted for nothing. I have written 6 emails to Claire Davis the Customer Service manager without the courtesy of a single reply. I made a simple mistake, which apparently has enabled the 2 companies to rob me of £244.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2021, 13:13

Despicable behaviour and good to name and shame them.

Hope you got sorted with the car hire otherwise and you'll have a safe and enjoyable return to PP, without this issue clouding your trip.
debz1, El Gordo, clinkham and 1 others like this.
Old 06-07-2021, 15:53

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseadons View Post
Beware of this company, they cannot be trusted, and do not practice good customer service.

I booked a non-refundable car for next Thursday and paid £244. Immediately on receipt of my confirmatory email I recognized I had made a mistake and had booked from 5th July to the 15th July, rather than 8th July to 15th July.

Over the next two days I entered into lengthy waits on the phone and tortuous conversations with the company and their supplier. Both told me they could do nothing blaming the other as not being willing to help. The only outcome apparently was that when I didn’t turn up within 6 hours of the due date on the 5th July the suppliers would cancel the job and between the 2 companies my £244 would be shared with no service provided. The fact that I would be able to pick up the car on the 8th and was willing to accept the 10-day charge, apparently counted for nothing. I have written 6 emails to Claire Davis the Customer Service manager without the courtesy of a single reply. I made a simple mistake, which apparently has enabled the 2 companies to rob me of £244.
That's really dreadful. Really sorry to hear about this & will definitely avoid them for my car hire requirements at any time in the future.
debz1 and El Gordo like this.
Old 06-07-2021, 16:33

Unbelievably bad customer service- in fact it’s disgraceful 😡😡
debz1 and El Gordo like this.
Old 07-07-2021, 13:36

"I booked a non-refundable car for next Thursday and paid £244. ""....A non refundable and non changable prepaid rental ....so why the naming and shaming for your error ....
Old 07-07-2021, 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
"I booked a non-refundable car for next Thursday and paid £244. ""....A non refundable and non changable prepaid rental ....so why the naming and shaming for your error ....
Even Ryanair would allow a change for a genuine error (at a fee, I dare say).
A lot of companies might allow changes like that free of charge.

But to just say 'hard luck', pocket the money between them and get the customer to sort out alternative arrangements for the correct dates, isn't exactly customer-friendly.

And not replying to the reasonable request asking the customer service manager to make contact, is equally shoddy.

Discarded Carjet/Doyouspain after bad experiences years ago as potential car hire options myself.
debz1, Sparky and Lorenzo like this.
Old 07-07-2021, 20:04

Quote:
My husband phoned immediately he realised his error...literally minutes after the booking had gone through. He didn’t want to cancel the booking he wanted to amend it. He was on the phone for hours talking to various people, who all tried to pass the blame onto others. He even said he’d keep the booking and pay for the 3 days from the 5th to the 8th, despite us not being there, but they wouldn’t have it. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see this is appalling customer service.

He still hasn’t received a reply from all the emails he sent.
Sharonh likes this.
Old 07-07-2021, 20:28

They've shot themselves in the foot haven't they, bad press spreads fast .
debz1, Tangoman and Magic Hat like this.
Old 07-07-2021, 21:09

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but having made an error myself on a holiday booking for a trip to WDW Florida, I know how easy it's done. In my case the seller acted in an ethical manner and allowed me to amend my booking, having read how this company treat their customers I'd not touch them with a bargepole.
debz1, Lorenzo and Rosie34 like this.
Old 08-07-2021, 13:41

The devil is in the detail ....So I did a dummy booking
and their prices are very alluring but the T & C s....under Cancellation policy:
"This is a special offer and therefore non-refundable. It is not possible to cancel or modify this booking. No refund will be given if you do not collect the vehicle." So presume this the hook they have caught you on ...
Old 10-07-2021, 11:38

Tiggy, this is not a small print issue. I have been booking cars in Mallorca for over 30 years and completely understood the terms on which I was booking the car. This type of rental is there to prevent people cancelling at the last minute, it’s not to enable the car hire company to make an unreasonable financial gain for no service delivery. Even EasyJet will correct simple errors of this type without charge.

My thanks to those of you providing moral support. You can imagine how I felt after two days of trying to put this right and being unable to even engage with the customer service manager. I needed to vent somewhere.

The good news is I’m now finally back in Pollensa after being away for 18 months and all is right with the world. Thanks again and I hope everybody will be able to return very soon to our Pollensa paradise.
Disorderly, Sharonh, debz1 and 9 others like this.

Last edited by Chelseadons; 10-07-2021 at 11:45.