Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-07-2005, 02:28
PennyWhite

Default Neptune Tapas Bar

Fantastic! Would never have found it without the recommendations on this site, and I add mine whole heartedly. Either up at the bar with a drink and sharing a plate of Bocquerones and watching the very strange spanish TV ads and watching the world go by, or at a table outside with a selecton of goodies, bocquerones fritas (whitebait), pa amb oli, must stop, it is all too yummy!!! One of those really great atmospheric little bars with lots of things on the walls and locals reading the paper sort of thing.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-07-2005, 17:58

We've been going to the Neptune for the last 14 years or so and it's obviously one of our favourite, friendly places to visit.
Miguel, the longest serving waiter there, has seen our son - who is 13 when we visit PP next week - grow from a baby in a pram to a floppy-haired youth.
He and his younger colleague, also Miguel, along with the owner and his wife always give us a lovely welcome when we turn up again.
The tapas is fantastic and fresh. A tip if anyone orders a grande mixed tapas, ask to pop to the counter and pick the dishes yourself. It's never a problem.
I think I also mentioned last year that the Neptune family also have a great restaurant, The Tramuntana, up the the church. The home made food there is splendid and I would definitely recommend a visit there.
Old 01-08-2005, 23:01
TheWeardens

Yes, What a fantastic place! Our family rec'd a very warm welcome here and the tapas selection was excellent. Superb food and great prices too - if you want to live 'la vida loca' you cannot do much worse than the bar neptune.
We are back in PP for a fortnights holiday on the 9th August and this will be the first place we try.
Old 24-02-2006, 00:38
robjay

I had my last meal here the day I flew home from PP. It was a hot sunny day and the thought of Tapas makes me think of this place. Can't wait to be sitting outside here with my cerveza and tapas watching the world and his dog go by8)
Take care.

Robjay
Old 25-02-2006, 04:16
PennyWhite

Memories!!!
Old 25-02-2006, 04:55
robjay

Welcome back Penny, Yes memories (why do I hear elaine paige singing?:lol ) But I know that this year will bring new and exciting times and I'll have more memories to see me through the Winter.
Take care.

Robjay
Old 16-05-2006, 19:08
Debilicious

were about is this fab tapas bar ?
Old 16-05-2006, 19:26

OPPOSITE HISBICUS AT THE BEGINING OF THE FORMENTOR ROAD.
OR IF YOU ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE :hat SQUARE TURN RIGHT AT BONEYS ,PAST THE ORIGIONAL TEX MEX ON YOUR LEFT, TURN LEFT AND IT IS ON YOUR LEFT 50 YARDS.
BEST TAPAS IN THE PORT .I SHALL BE THERE TOMOROW !!
:hat :hat :hat
Old 16-05-2006, 19:32
Debilicious

cheers Senor, seems very popular, ive took directions

Have a fab holiday, as im sure you will !

deb
Old 23-05-2006, 22:51

Default los zarzales

This goes to show just how useful this forum can be.

We've been coming to PP for 20 years. Until this year we'd tended to eat in the old town or sometimes at places like Stay and Es Convent.

Now that we've bought a place in PP we're looking more closely at restaurants in the Port. Hence our visit to Zarzales.

Probably the best food we've ever tasted in the port! The broad bean starter with mint is simply awesome and the suckling pig is in a different league.

Would never have found it if it hadn't been for you lot. So thanks very much.

Also had amazing night (16 of us) at Son Brull. Incredible food, stunning surroundings and the bill wasn't ridiculous either.
Old 23-05-2006, 23:09

Default Neptune Bar

This IS a good Tapas place, but my only complaint is that whenever I have stuffed muscles, they seem to have been over fryed.
The best stuffed muscles, I think, is at Los Farroles. We had a fantastic lunch there at the end of the summer last year. Stuffed muscles, fried whitebait, and frito mallorquin, chilled white wine and bread. Wow, it gets the juices going just thinking about it
Old 24-05-2006, 02:54
robjay

Default Re: Neptune Bar

Thanks for the advice MB. It's raining cats and dogs here now and for a few seconds there I was sitting in the sun sharing a large tapas with you and your good wife ("the nice couple" my daughters refer to). Make mine a bottle of red wine and we're there with you
See you soon M8

Robjay
Old 24-05-2006, 06:12

Default Re: Los Zarzales

Hi Graham

Great to hear you liked Los Z..it's my favourite restaurant in the port as well and I was a little worried as there have been a couple of negative reports lately. Places do have off nights and changes in staff that can turn a great place into a not so good.Can't wait to go again in a couple of weeks

Sorry pollensa wrong thread I know but just wanted to reply to Graham!
Old 24-05-2006, 22:30
Beachfun

Default Neptune

I love this place .. Always take visitors there .. Kids are welcome too and open all year .. Prices are very reasonable.
I will be there from the 26th May most evenings !
Do any members meet there for a drink ?
Old 15-07-2006, 07:33
luvstruckhoney

Default Re: Neptune

Just got back from PP and if my memory serves me right i did go into Neptunes..(pass tex mex, round the corner from Tango?) and im sorry but i will have to totally disagree.. the food yes ok, but this was completely overshadowed by the service..the waiter seemed to have a chip on his shoulder..i didnt like his attitude at all..very miserable with a big fake smile it really was enough to put me off my food..i think this guy seriously should stop thinking about the profit hes turning over..he was rushing around rather annoyingly and when a few holidaymakers came in to the restaraunt you could see the dollar signs (euro signs for the clever clogs) light up in his eyes..i actually stopped focusing on my meal and just sat and watched this individual as i sipped on my drink...needless to say i would not go back - i just found it all rather fake and off putting..not my kind of scene..sorry