Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Carmel
  • 1 Post By whaleywanderer
  • 3 Post By Jonsey
  • 1 Post By clinkham
  • 1 Post By alcanadakid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 17:35

Default Pollensa Old Town/Alcudia - Recommendations Please

Apologies if some of this is on the wrong thread, but I could really do with a couple of recommendations. We've been coming to the Port now since the early 90's. and our favourite restaurants would include Stay and La Llonja ,(both superb service and ambiance), El Posito, (the best Mallorquin establishment in the Port), Corb Marie, (great steaks), Maxims, (a surprisingly varied menu) and Siller, (though perhaps not in the height of summer).

However, we’ve very little experience of dining out further afield, and with Alcudia and Pollensa Old Town both within such easy reach, we hope to change that this time. The only place we’re familiar with in Alcudia is La Terreza at Alcanada which we’ve been to on numerous occasions and have always found it excellent. As for Pollenca, we once tried Can Costa (the old cinema?) and although perfectly acceptable, found the atmosphere perhaps a little stilted and formal. I’m aware of Clivia, Il Giardino and Trencadora for example, but have no experience of any of them.

The other criteria we look for if we are visiting in the summer months, is to attempt to eat outside whenever possible, (there’s just something about sitting at a table on the waters edge at Stay with an ice bucket and bottle of Albarino!). I think this is why we’re reluctant to use Siller at this time of year, and even though we couldn’t contemplate not going to El Posito at least once during the holiday, we try to do so whilst experiencing the the odd wet or cooler day. I also have to admit this is probably the reason we’ve yet to try O Lume, although we will definitely put that right this time. (we must be the only two who use this forum who've yet to do so). I know they have an outside courtyard, but so has the Ivy Garden and personally, I have always found that to be a little claustrophobic, although that could be an unfair criticism. I would also add we normally visit La Terrassa at the Illa d’Or once during the holiday, and although I think the food isn’t comparable to these other restaurants, the location must surely be the best in the whole Port.

Finally, we normally try to avoid Tex-Mex, Chinese, Indian etc as can find plenty of these back home, but otherwise, any recommendations, suggestions in either Alcudia or Pollensa Old Town would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 22:25

Try Número Ocho or Trencadora in Pollensa or Bodega Desporte in Port D'Alcudia
Ronnie likes this.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:32

La Taberna del Temple in Pollensa is excellent and has a lovely courtyard area under the lemon trees. Very informal as well
Old 02-07-2012, 09:47

Alcudia - Bistro Mar - on the jetty that leads out to the sea from the wooden bridge in the Port of Alcudia. Lovely location on the waters edge at one side and overlooking all the boats on the other side.

Alcanada Golf Club - Follow signs for Alcanada from Alcudia town. Fantastic views, lovely serene setting and nice varied menu.

Pollensa - Pollensa Golf club - 10 mins drive, out of town. Fantastic views, quality food, excellently presented. Menu del Dia 10€ (only there yesterday so my experience is current).
cherylbb likes this.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28

Just got back from Pollenca yesterday, so hopefully can give a reasonably up-to-date report! Visited Il Giardino, in the main square, a couple of times. Food excellent, just as good as on previous visits, service is superb.
Also visited Trencadora a couple of times. Discovered this restaurant last year and were immediately impressed. Beautiful, outdoor garden setting, a 2 minute walk from the main square. Varied menu - fish and meat dishes (rack of lamb with rosemary recommended!), and various pastas and pizzas. On the second visit chose the 'Le Trencadora' pizza - Mallorcan sausage, local cheese, and honey and almonds. Not sure why I opted for this but was intrigued with the idea of honey and almonds as a pizza topping. It was fantastic - I'll have to suggest it to my local Pizza Express!
sws97sdg, lollipop and Linda like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 09-07-2012 at 10:37. Reason: Direct link removed.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:34

As previous posts have mentioned, Trencadora in Pollensa Town is a gem. Two visits while out last week, the second of which featured an excellent shoulder of lamb for 12 euros. Truly memorable. But do book, particulary if dining later in the evening.
lollipop likes this.
Old 10-07-2012, 13:45

We live in Alcanada, near Port Alcudia and this is our main eating area.

Alcanada - La Terreza - vastly overpriced and over rated.
- Golf club - nice setting, but basically hamburgers

Port Alcudia - La Recolleta - best restaurant in the Port. Try the Sirloin or the Spaghetti Cabarana. Good tapas too. The bar next door does the best cocktails

Alcudia Old Town - Can Pere - lovely setting wonderful food.

Alcudia beach road - La Jardin - for that special occasion. Just got a Michelin star. Expensive but special. Check the menu online as it is unusual and may not suit everyone.Small portions - Nouvelle cuisine.

PP - Alcudia beach road - Can Curassa - our all time favourite. Has been consistantly good in the 8 years we have lived here

Enjoy!
Old 10-07-2012, 14:48

Many thanks for the suggestions, all greatly appreciated. Am I right in thinking that Can Pere is connected the Hotel of the same name.
I’ve also found some positive reviews of Restaurant L'arca d'en Peter, which I believe is also in the Old Town, could anyone recommend this establishment.
Old 10-07-2012, 15:17

Thanks for those recommendations Pete ,another place in Alcudia Port on the street at the end opposite the boatyard is the locals fish restaurant which is called Lubina or similar ,not cheap but the fish is. The best.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinewalker View Post
Many thanks for the suggestions, all greatly appreciated. Am I right in thinking that Can Pere is connected the Hotel of the same name.
I’ve also found some positive reviews of Restaurant L'arca d'en Peter, which I believe is also in the Old Town, could anyone recommend this establishment.
Can Pere - yes that is the one. You need a reservation though.

L'Arca d'en Peter is owned by the same management, but it has had a complete change of staff including the chef who made the place. It is located on a square just behind the Town Hall and is a lovely setting at night. We have yet to try it this year - maybe this week.

There is a restaurant called Arca which used to be D'Arca, situated a few doors away from Can Pere. and was owned by Pedro who owns D'Arca and Can Pere It is also inside a boutique hotel. Pedro must have had a lease which ran out and he took D'Arca to a new site on the square, but Arca kept a similar name. We ate there (Arca) a few months ago and the food was very average. It is a shame as it has a lovely courtyard.

Last edited by alcanadakid; 11-07-2012 at 09:42. Reason: clarification
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50

I forgot Victoria Mirador which is on the peninsular past Bonaire. Fabulous views and the food has improved immensely and is now very good. Suggest you book and ask for a table near the front. Windy road up the hill though, but well worth it.
whaleywanderer likes this.
Old 12-07-2012, 14:04

My apologies, I got my Arca, L'Arca and S'Arc muddled up.

The restaurant which used to be L'Arca is now called S'Arc and is not connected to he owners of L'Arca D'en Peter or C'an Pere.

We went to L'Arca D'en Peter (on the square) last night and it was good.

S'Arc wasn't good on our last visit.

Hope that clears that up!