Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2006, 02:07

Default Singing the Praises of L'Aup.

L’Aup is a gem of a restaurant, that although on the road to Pollensa (on the turn to Cala San Vicente), is well worth the journey. We went twice during the holiday as the children love the play area there and it gives us adults a chance to enjoy the meal and talk.

The seating area is outside under lots of greenery and trees. Our first night was warm and the restaurant was pleasantly busy but I do know they also have a large inside eating area too, so the weather shouldn’t be a problem.

Our first meal was lovely. We skipped starters as the bread and pate the restaurant provides are delicious and chose suckling pig (hubby) and lamb stuffed with dates and ham as the main courses. The children chose spaghetti Bolognese and grilled chicken which were well cooked and were eaten with great relish before the kids disappeared off to the play area again.

However, they soon made a quick appearance when the desserts arrived – huge ice-creams decorated with fruit and chocolate mousse. With drinks, the bill came to about 88 euros.

The second time we visited, my parents were with us and my dad is still talking about his meal even now…

Like us, they’d always wanted to try the restaurant but never got around to going, so they were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and loved the pretty dining area. It was a beautiful night and it was quiet, but with enough people to make an atmosphere. Like the first time we visited, there was a live singer who was great. His performance was perfect as the background music and made for pleasant listening.

This time we ordered starters and my dad chose the prawns in garlic which he said were the best he’d ever tasted. Our other choices were the house salmon salad (huge), melon and ham and stuffed mussels (delicious!). Along with the pate and bread, we munched away happily!

Our main courses included suckling pig, meaty kebabs and rabbit which my dad ordered and immediately started raving about again. He loved the dish so much, after the meal he went to find the chef who told him the rabbit had been marinated in cognac for 2-3 days, sprinkled with herbs (thyme and rosemary, I think) and then slowly cooked over charcoal. It was falling off the bone and delicious. The main meals were served with potatoes and vegetables.

With desserts, two bottles of wine (Marques de Riscal Rose and a Jose Ferrer Crianza) plus water, soft drinks and a couple of glasses of hierbas, the bill came to 200 euros for the six of us.

The waiters were simply brilliant as well. They made jokes with us and were very friendly, so it was a lovely evening. Even though it’s a little way out of Puerto Pollensa, it’s well worth the journey and the play area is great if you have children. If you don’t, it’s far enough away to be hidden by the trees and we saw several couples having a peaceful, romantic meal.

Jane
Sponsored Links
Old 15-08-2006, 02:08

Jane we always see this restaurant on our way to CSV and say we must go there one day!

After your review its a definite 'must' in September..the food sounds delicious and good value as well. The red Marques de Riscal has always been a favourite of mine and I discovered the rosado in Caprabo in July...Yum!

Debs
Old 15-08-2006, 03:25

Anybody been to L'Aup at lunchtime? It sounds as though it would be lovely to sit outside and have a long lunch. As our apartment is just off the church square, husband would rather be within walking distance of somewhere to eat at night, so we can both indulge in a thimble full of wine!

(Debz - are you there on the 12th Sept for the meet?)
Old 15-08-2006, 03:51
Sazzle

It's great to read the reviews for L'Aup.

I've always wanted to go there but obviously, because of it's location, you can't just stroll past and glance at the menu.

Now I've read such good reports I will definitely try it next time I'm in Majorca.

It sounds like the perfect place for my family.

Thank you.
Old 15-08-2006, 03:59

I'm so glad that everyone wants to give it a try - it really is great.

We found it last year because our villa was virtually on the doorstep and we just had to try it.

The staff were some of the nicest we have ever met.

Jane

Oh and by the way - I wrote down the name of the website in the hope they will be curious and go and check.