Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 00:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I cant imagine Pub Imperial is closing as it must be a real money spinner considering the number of people there every night, spilling out onto the pavement!!! I just wish the place could be given a facelift as it does look very tired and old fashioned...but then again its so popular with a lot of people why would they bother.

I don't think a trendy 'wine bar' would work as the rent on a frontline establishment would be enormous and wouldn't pull in enough punters to make it profitable, unless there was some other form of entertainment on offer to keep people there for more than a pre/ post dinner drink. Most visitors to PP are families with young children or the slightly more mature (!) so not sure it would be a goer. Also the noise if you had an apartment closeby would be frowned upon I'm sure! Those who remember El Casinet will recall that this was the most popular bar in PP for years but was closed down because of the noise. Shame because it had a great atmosphere (mainly because it was packed full of tourists... and locals)

However I think if the area between the roundabout and La Gola was pedestrianised it would be a different story, as widening the pavement along this area would lend itself to bars and restaurants where people would want to sit and spend more time. At the moment the pavement is far too narrow for the amount of traffic these days and I wonder whether this is the reason that many places close after a couple of years. Its just not aesthetically pleasing enough
Spot on Debz. Is there any word on the proposed pedestrianisation of this stretch?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 16:30

Think Pub Imperial is closing due to retirement, and they are trying to transfer the business, not develop the site. I remember it as bar Yum Yum a nice aspect of 'old'PP
Old 11-11-2010, 16:48
Super Moderator

Sorry Ray but cafe Yum Yum was next door to Pub Imperial and was an Indian restaurant before it was closed and redeveloped.

Last edited by Sparky; 11-11-2010 at 17:11. Reason: Typo
Old 12-11-2010, 00:46

Criky Sparky - I must Have had too many litres of Don Simon because I never noticed that Yum Yum became an indian restaurant....and then disappeared without trace
Old 12-11-2010, 00:57
Super Moderator

GG you didn't miss much, we tried it once not surprised it closed .
Old 12-11-2010, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Sorry Ray but cafe Yum Yum was next door to Pub Imperial and was an Indian restaurant before it was closed and redeveloped.
Not that I care that much, but Pub Imperial was Yum Yum, I don't recall there ever being an Indian there, but as I say I don't really care
Old 12-11-2010, 12:05

Yum Yum was next door to Pub Imperial ( it's now the vacant space)
I never remember it being an Indian though so must have been and gone very quickly!!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:39
Super Moderator

Thanks Debz i was beginning to think i was imagining that they were two separate buildings. Yum Yum was not an Indian for long, as i said we only tried it once and it was very forgettable.
Old 13-11-2010, 07:23

Default Simbads and Pub Imperial

I confirm that Yum Yum was next door to Pub Imperial.
Old 03-07-2011, 21:40

Default Pub Imperial

Hi, Just got back from PP yesterday, and can confirm the Pub Imperial is still open, but has changed hands.
Rafo and his son, Carlos have sold it to Tony the waiter. It has been redecorated and new furniture inside. Also new tables outside.
The downside is it doesn't open till 7pm. And no longer does food. So no calling in for breakfast or an afternoon snack, and no strawberry's and ice cream!
Phil, Nicky and Elvis are still performing, but they don't start till
10pm.
Also that nice pub the Nags Head as changed ownership. It has been gutted, and is an American Diner type bar called Headley's.
The Citrus bar is still open, 12 till 3pm then 7pm till 10.30 plus. With Kenny,(Top chef) and the bubbly Maureen,
Also found the excellent bar cafe Ca'n Balache, owned by a great couple Tony and Bev. Top breakfast and evening meals.
Old 04-07-2011, 21:52

Pub Imperial looked very busy last week

Even with the worlds worst Elvis in there !! Saw him elsewhere before so avoid anywhere he is playing !
Old 04-07-2011, 23:04

Default Elvis

Ha Ha. If you think he's the worst Elvis you should call in to the Ora Playa appt htl. The guy they had in there last Friday, 'Elvis' from Birmingham, makes Elvis at the Imperial seem like the real thing!
Old 04-07-2011, 23:25

The lad that does that act in the I mperial gave up a very good job to do that act,it is meant to be dreadful, he can in fact do a very good impersonation but chooses to make it bad because he found the punters prefer to laugh.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:21

Bring back Rolie I say.
Old 05-08-2011, 13:45

The first Time I saw "Elvis" in the imperial, I though he was dreadful, till I realised thats his act. Hes a great entertainer and a friendly bloke. I was in Brismarine last friday when he was singing, and heard a family of Hoorays commenting on him. They really should get out more, one actually said "He makes me sick, I wish he would just go back to his council estate. I made doubly sure I got him to give them a wave and a song when I went to watch him.
As for Simbads, Ive nevcer had a bad mea there, Maria is always friendly. Maybe its cos Im a geordie and she went to Uni in Newcastle and was treated well by strangers when she was alone in a strange country, but I cant fault her or Simbads.

Last edited by Sparky; 05-08-2011 at 13:52.
Closed Thread