Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-2010, 09:49

Thumbs up Menestralia

During our recent visit to PP we were lucky enough to be taken to this restaurant. We have past it many times on our way to PP and thought that it was just a derelict castle shaped building, on the right as you go up the motorway, roughly 10km out of PP (nr Camponet).

Approach from the front though (via the old road) and it is a beautiful building, attached to the old glass works, where you can walk around the showrooms (take plenty of with you, there's some wonderful pieces!) and actually watch demonstrations of the old art of glass blowing. Even though this building is industrial it has a very atmospheric feeling to it with the sun radiating down, through the windows in the roof, but back to the restaurant.................

Very spacious and clean, there is a self service buffet, consisting of starters, main courses (hot and cold) and a table of sweets, every sweet you could normally order from a fixed menu, great as a way of tasting all (but very tempting to make a complete pig of yourself!). On your table there is a bottle of vino, water and gaseos. The choices of food couldn't be beaten, with I'm sure something for every taste. The quality was also excellent. Mon - Fri, all for 9. I believe the price increases on Sunday but I would still think it very good value for money.

We were very impressed and would definitely recommend, hopefully we will return on our next visit.

Thanks Bob & Chris for introducing us to this gem.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 26-09-2010 at 10:00.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-09-2010, 11:23

We stumbled on this place a few years back while out and about and getting desperate to find somewhere to eat. We looked at the little restaurant down the road on the Campanet/Buger roundabout but the prices were astonomic so we pulled in to Menestralia - probably about 3 in the afternoon.

We too could not believe the quality to price ratio - well worth a visit.
Old 26-09-2010, 12:31

We looked into the window the other week when we went into the glass blowing area - about 5.30. It was closed then and I didnt check the times it was open. Does anyone know them please?
Old 26-09-2010, 15:50

The buffet is served until 4pm everyday and on Friday and Saturday they also open in the evening at 7pm. The price is higher in the evening but not sure to what,Saturdays it is 12 euro's and 16 on Sunday. Dishes different at weekend. They also do a loyalty card and after 15 meals you get a free one. Easy to mount up if you go in a group .
Old 26-09-2010, 19:04

Thanks lollipop. May give that a try when out again soon. Just depends on winter closure dates now I suspect for some restaurants, especially those slightly off the beaten track.
Old 27-09-2010, 16:30

I think you'll find them open all year as lots of locals use it.
Old 28-09-2010, 11:06

We have been to Menestralia for lunch many times during the week when it is absolutely splendid for 9 euros. Last week we went for Sunday lunch when the price doubles to 18 euros. I expected something different but the menu is about the same which is not at all good value.

Just before you reach Menestralia there is a little restaurant on the left hand side of the road. I think it might be called L'Hostel. They are now advertising menu del dia at 8 euros. Wondered if anyone has given it a try yet?
Old 28-09-2010, 11:37

LOL! Deja vu here, I'm sure I have just replied to this elsewhere!!!
Old 28-09-2010, 17:03

Hi
Before the new road was built we visited the 'fort' as it was always known. We enjoyed the visits and sometimes had a coffee there, but had never eaten in the restaurant. On the last visit we had a reasonable meal there until we noticed at the back of the restaurant were cages of birds and exotic animals kept in the utmost squalor. I reported them to the intl version of RSPCA (WSPA), as I was so disgusted at the so-called attractions. We haven't been back and I do hope the animals are no longer there.
Old 28-09-2010, 22:45

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosita101 View Post
Hi
Before the new road was built we visited the 'fort' as it was always known. We enjoyed the visits and sometimes had a coffee there, but had never eaten in the restaurant. On the last visit we had a reasonable meal there until we noticed at the back of the restaurant were cages of birds and exotic animals kept in the utmost squalor. I reported them to the intl version of RSPCA (WSPA), as I was so disgusted at the so-called attractions. We haven't been back and I do hope the animals are no longer there.
I was going to ask if this was a wheelchair friendly place... but Rosita, ur post has put that one on hold for me ! do u have a result or an update on what the outcome was ???

Miriam
Old 29-09-2010, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosita101 View Post
Hi
Never noticed any birds or animals, the building was very clean and modern inside and I'm sure if there had been they would have stuck out like a sore thumb.
Old 29-09-2010, 10:23

Before it was all refurbished and was a pizza stop off, there were a lot of cages with birds etc in, but that was a few years ago, and they were at the side of the restaurant. Have they now been moved to the back of the new one then?
Old 29-09-2010, 11:18

They have all been eaten
Old 29-09-2010, 13:10

Very funny cumberland. I hoped we all cared a bit more
Old 29-09-2010, 13:19

Definitely no birds now. No steps Med777, but sometimes busy,the hardest part would be letting him make his choices but I guess you could tell him whats available and then collect for him.