Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-2010, 19:43

That’s nice to hear Debs but I wonder if the other posters would agree with you ? By the tone of the posts, I think not !
Please don't get me wrong here, all for a bit of fun for young and vintage but a Blackpool costa is not what I am looking for or wishing to spend my hard earned cash on.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-08-2010, 19:48
Super Moderator

I agree with Debz, as far as i am aware these places don't have live music every night and if there are complaints about noise levels the police pay them a visit and make them turn it down. Also all live music has to stop by midnight, PP is certainly not "rough".

Last edited by Sparky; 20-08-2010 at 20:00.
Old 20-08-2010, 20:18

Rough!!!! Not the word to descibe PP at all.
We are talking about one, maybe two establishments here, that in the height of season at times are getting a bit loud.......hardly warrenting the description of rough, I haven't experienced high season but when I was there in May I passed the Lemon Bar and not a peep! I would expect a resort to be more, lets say "Noisy" in High season!? That suits a lot of people that enjoys the "buzz" but there is always quiet and precious moments to be found ....you only have to read various threads to know that.

PS: A " Blackpool Costa" lol.......that's even more laughable! Sorry I can't agree with you at all!!

Last edited by favie; 20-08-2010 at 20:24.
Old 20-08-2010, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I agree with Debz, as far as i am aware these places don't have live music every night and if there are complaints about noise levels the police pay them a visit and make them turn it down. Also all live music has to stop by midnight, PP is certainly not "rough".

Totally agree with Sparky here if you want rough - do not go to Pollensa!!!
Debz has got it just right too!!

So Has Favie!!

Last edited by eleanor; 20-08-2010 at 22:08. Reason: typo
Old 20-08-2010, 21:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celloman View Post
That’s nice to hear Debs but I wonder if the other posters would agree with you ? By the tone of the posts, I think not !
Please don't get me wrong here, all for a bit of fun for young and vintage but a Blackpool costa is not what I am looking for or wishing to spend my hard earned cash on.
Sorry Celloman - you have got it so wrong here - Pollensa is so much not Blackpool - suggest you contact Debz who will soon put you right!! Pollensa is just not Blackpool!!
Old 20-08-2010, 21:11

I was interested to hear that there was little noise in May when Favie visited. I can not remember noticing noise as such in June. I do wonder if perhaps the volume increases in the main tourist months of July and August. Perhaps they feel it is what is wanted.

Last edited by eleanor; 21-08-2010 at 07:00.
Old 20-08-2010, 21:37

I was in PP in July and can;t remember the lemon Bar featuring at all ..... though I didn't spend much time in the later evening hours in that vicinity ..... but did sit outside the Sis Pins for an after dinner drink on more than 1 evening around 10.30 / 11 and can't remember noise from the Lemon Bar annoying me.

Sound does travel in an open environment though and I would imagine on the nights it is loud it would be annoying

But as Debz has said , if it does become too loud the police are likely to jump on it
Old 20-08-2010, 22:04

When I was there last week it certainly was loud, but thats not the real problem other places were loud too, its the type of music that is, perhaps thats where the Blackpool comment comes from its more what you'd expect there rather than a Spanish resort.

On island time!!
Old 20-08-2010, 22:25

LOL! Sometimes this forum reminds me of a family at war! You can say what you like about anyone in the family - but woe betide if someone outside starts having a go! We tend to moan about things just because its the thing to do sometimes, forgetting that some members may not have been to PP as regularly as others, and it tends to give a false impression. The comments given back soon bring us up short though, and ensure we put it straight again!
Old 20-08-2010, 22:55
Super Moderator

That is so true Bella but i honestly don't think there have been that many negative posts recently. I seem to remember in an earlier post from Celloman that he is in the process of buying a property here and will be staying in the Miramar soon, so i would assume that he must know the port quite well .
Old 23-08-2010, 13:53

I was asked to update on the reply from the Daina Manager, to my email re the Lemon Bar noise. So here it is:

Yep, nothing at all. Oh well. I might just reciprocate and ignore the Daina in future. As I said in my email to them, I used to like going to the Daina and the Orange Lounge in the day and the evening. Plenty of other places to spend my cash however, if the Lemon Bar continues to generate the same level of racket in future.

Happy to hear from others in PP now / in future if things improve. Happy holidays all
Old 23-08-2010, 14:05
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update Rich but what a shame they haven't had the good manners to respond to your email................a missed PR opportunity .
Old 23-08-2010, 14:13

I had great night at Lemon lounge. Thought Rod Stewart tribute hilarious.. I was dancing in aisles
Old 23-08-2010, 21:34

Why are they called a Rod Stewart "tribute" and not an "insult"?

Seriously though, the great thing about PP is that it is generally not remotely "tacky", and these "alternative" venues do seem (to me - Victor Meldrew) to be mimicking the sort of thing you could "enjoy" in Blackpool.

Hey, but what do I know? I go to Spain to eat Spanish food.

Duncan
Old 24-08-2010, 15:36

Sparky. You are spot on, you keeping a file on me ?
Bella dona (much better than Prima dona ) is also so spot on.
As I have noted when anyone dares, heaven forbid, to question/doubt anything about the beautiful Port of Pollensa. You all come out guns blazing.
I am very pleased to see that this is the situation from the people that love the place as I do, and my cheeky tongue in cheek remarks ! Did not go un challenged.
Having said that, I do think noise and anti social situations /people should not be allowed to just continue and that action should be taken as soon as possible as should be the case with the dog mess. As an ex environmental officer I know about the dangers relating to that problem especially young children.