Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   REVIEW: The Fussies Review O Lume (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/6260-fussies-review-o-lume.html)

Belladonna 16-07-2010 08:12

So its just for us 2,047 forum members then!!:)

sws97sdg 16-07-2010 08:45

Smiddy if you cant remember what it tastes like, it cant be all that good!

Sparky 16-07-2010 09:05

I am not much of a dessert eater but i did try Jaime's Fried Milk once, i thought it tasted like custard.
I bet Jaime has a little chuckle every day when he reads these posts although i am sure he would prefer us to talk about the rest of his fantastic food. :D:D

Smiddy 16-07-2010 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 46915)
Smiddy if you cant remember what it tastes like, it cant be all that good!

No! Just think i don't make a very good food reviewer:) also the vino does affect the memory:D

kate1 16-07-2010 12:17

I seem to remember it was a bit like a more solid, less sweet version of condensed milk (if you can imagine that!)

Belladonna 16-07-2010 13:07

Interesting. Eaten on its own or with another desert?

Sparky, main courses and starters have often been said to be fantastic - obviously goes without saying by now, so this strange desert needs a little investigation! ;)

Gommar Goffer 16-07-2010 18:09

From memory I thought it was a bit like creme caramel only lighter in texture and a different shape!

BonysLad 16-07-2010 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy2007 (Post 46854)
Is this the Fussies review or a review on Bella

Oh get you, Mr Goody two shoes !!!!!

Bit rich coming from someone who forgot to leave a tip the last time we had a dining experience there !!!!! ( Nothing about Jaime's excellent service but just an ageism thing , guys !!!!

So BLT and I hit O'Lume tonight to try and build a few bridges before our return to the UK . Had a great evening, lovely table in the Courtyard . Iberian ham and shrimp sauted salad to start , magnifico . BLT onto half a T bone steak ( she'd been chewing my cojones all day , guys !!!!!! ) . Moi, lamb chops . All very, very good .

Stuffed to the gunnels with wonderful food so just ordered coffee .

However , a plate of Fried Milk with pistachio ice cream and sliced orange was put before us . Felt really , really wonderful because just realised where we stood in the pecking order of Puerto Pollenca society . Thank you so , so much Jaime .

Seriously Guys, just as the Fussies have said , this is a great restaurant . Food excellent and well worth getting yourself there . You will not be disappointed .

BonysLad :):)

Paved your way , Bella & Snowy for your return !!!!!

snowy2007 17-07-2010 00:03

What a showvanish man you are you go to O'Lume expecting the lord to bow and great you like a king last time you complained about drinking out of wet glasses i can't beleive it you had the goul to go back again, words fail me.

Belladonna 17-07-2010 09:06

LOL! Save the punch up until we are all there to watch guys! Or at least open the door for you both as we go to the restaurant - if he lets us in at all now! ;)

BonysLad 18-07-2010 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy2007 (Post 46994)
What a showvanish man you are you go to O'Lume expecting the lord to bow and great you like a king last time you complained about drinking out of wet glasses i can't beleive it you had the goul to go back again, words fail me.

Sorry Mate,

As you know being obnoxious goes with the territory of being a " Celeb " ;)

Jaime sent his regards.

Really think Jaime has " cracked it " in his new premises . Although he says business is " up and down " ( like everywhere here at present ) am sure the ambience of his new place coupled with his excellent food and attention to detail with his service with bring greater success.

BonysLad :):):)

snowy2007 18-07-2010 13:29

Give us a ring when you back in blighty