Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2010, 12:58

Default veggie restaurants

Hi everyone,

Have a holiday booked in cala st vicent/pollensa area in july and my travel buddy is a VEGETARIAN ! i know i know, its a shame but there you go. As always in Spain, restaurant staff usually roll their eyes or look confused whenever we mention the 'V' word. They usually suggest fish but we then have to explain that my friend doesn't eat anything which formally had a pulse,fur,feathers or scales.

She's so fed up with the veggie lasagne,veggie pizza or salad that i promised I'd try to find a few places recommended by people on here. So if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks, Aidan.
Sponsored Links
Old 31-05-2010, 13:34

Hi Aidan

My father in law is also vegeterian. We holiday in PP every year and try to eat in restaurants that cater for him.

Over the years he has found good vegeterian options in Tiberi, La Piazza, Stay, C'an Cuarassa to name just a few....

I must say that every year the vegeterian options are improving with more and more restaurants adding these to their menus. Don't worry your friend will not have to spend a week eating omlettes!
Old 31-05-2010, 14:58

Thanks jupiter, i'll start making a list with your suggestions. It's such a waste of a beautiful evening having to scan menu after menu outside each restaurant when all u want to do is eat and relax. Any other idea's greatly appreciated.....
Old 31-05-2010, 15:20

Default on-line menus

Some of the advertisers in the 'Eating Out'-section have sample menus you can view on-line. Might help you to see what kind of vegetarian options they provide.

Restaurants, Cafes, Bars in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca Mallorca
Old 31-05-2010, 16:34

Thanks mike, had a quick look earlier at restaurant guide but got lazy and also thought there must be loads more cafes and restaurants in PP than the ones listed on here and someone might know of a hidden gem or a new place....
Old 31-05-2010, 19:03

We visited Bellavista Pension in PP last week.
They have recently opened a vegetarian restaurant in the lovely garden.
We had a couple of great lunches there-if I remember correctly the menu of the day was 10 euros for lunch and about 13 for an evening meal.
It has a very laid back atmosphere and we were made to feel very welcome.
The address is C/Monges 14
Pam and Dave
Old 31-05-2010, 19:13

Oh that sounds like a nice place. will add it to our list, thanks very much
Old 31-05-2010, 20:23

Hi Sillysausage, we have been veggies for years as has been said we have spent hours walking around the town and the port looking for suitable food, but over the last few years things have been getting better with more and more restaurants offering veggie options, except for a few of the bigger names in the port who still will not cater for veggies, anyway, you will find lots of places to choose from and thanks for the heads up on the Bellavista Pension will definitely give that a try in August.

On island time!!
Old 01-06-2010, 22:48

Sounds good ! thanks for the info,my other half will be so pleased and i'm looking forward to sampling something new too. roll on summer .
Old 02-06-2010, 15:42

Default Healthy Food

Yes the new restaurant in the leafy garden of Pension Bellavista is brilliant!

They serve delicious freshly squeezed juices there and the food is as fresh and delicious as it could be.

As Pam & Dave said, the daytime MDD is just under 10 euros and the evening version approx 13 euros. You can also have nice snacks there as well and the p'am boli I had there was absolutely gorgeous! There is also a fully licensed bar too.
Coloma (the lovely lady who runs Pension Bellavista) is also planning some live entertainment this coming Saturday if you happen to be in PP.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:07

Tango have a few vegetarian options on their menu - including some made with Sietan(sp?)
and quite a few retaurants have menus offering a Vegetarian Paella but most require minimum 2 persons.
The Indian places always do a selection of vegetable curries too !
Old 05-06-2010, 21:28

I'm a veggie too ( lots of us around!) and so am aware of the difficulties this can cause. I go along with all that has been suggested but just a word of warning - some restaurants although cater for veggies, use beef stock rather than veggie stock. Worth keeping in mind - also some Chinese add small pieces of chicken to some rice dishes.
That said, i'm sure you will have little problem. Being veggie is much more socially acceptable nowadays which is shown in the high variety of available menus!
Old 05-06-2010, 23:31

Default Bella vista

Hi everyone

I fancy giving the restaurant at Bella vista a try on my next visit.Where is it ?????
Old 06-06-2010, 11:09

Default Bellavista

It's very central
Starting at the main bus stop/taxi rank in PP,head in the Alcudia direction.
C/Monges is the 1st street you come to (not counting the lane Can Ferra is in)
I think there is a jeweller's shop on the corner.
Head up C/Monges and you will see a large sign saying "hostal" on the right hand side. Just past that is the entrance to the restaurant in the garden
Hopefully you'll find it - its well worth a visit
Pam and Dave

Last edited by Pam and Dave; 06-06-2010 at 11:11.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam and Dave View Post
It's very central
Starting at the main bus stop/taxi rank in PP,head in the Alcudia direction.
C/Monges is the 1st street you come to (not counting the lane Can Ferra is in)
I think there is a jeweller's shop on the corner.
Head up C/Monges and you will see a large sign saying "hostal" on the right hand side. Just past that is the entrance to the restaurant in the garden
Hopefully you'll find it - its well worth a visit
Pam and Dave
Thanks - will give it a go !!!!