Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurant Llenaire (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5836-restaurant-llenaire.html)

favie 06-06-2010 12:38

Never tried Restaurant Llenaire before but another day being up that end of the bay we wandered in and we choose a lovely table (with tablecloth!) not realising we were actually then in the back restaurant..Siurell (??).
Well, it was absolutely delightful ....just a light lunch with a few glasses of wine which we couldn't fault and very reasonable, two really charming girls served us, the view over the bay (see the puppy on the mountains so clear from there!!) made it a perfect afternoon but think sitting at this one is what made it!! One of the girls came out with what looked like a little musical box and presented it too hubby...I thought where is mine! On opening it he discoverd the bill!! She then came back with it but this time I got it.....all the change and some lovely little sweets. :) Inside is really lovely too very Spanish feel to it compared to the "all white" one next door! Will certainly return to this one!

Gommar Goffer 06-06-2010 12:51

We had a lovely lunch here at Easter - their tapas are great :)

sunny 06-06-2010 13:19

Wish they didn't have to change things, had some great nights there in Oct half term. Will have to try the tapas in the back restaurant

favie 06-06-2010 15:00

GG or anyone.....do you know the name of it....don't think I have the correct spelling, it does deserve a thread of it's own I think. While there this year I tried a few new places and of course my favourites but this was my find of the holiday for a real good afternoon lunch in the sun sort of place....mmmm wish I was there now!!

kate1 07-06-2010 17:46

Realise I might be rocking the boat here but I have to say we ate here for the first time in April and I was really disappointed... I actually thought the interior was quite stylish if a bit lacking in atmosphere - but admittedly we were there on a very cold, grey day and only one other table was taken. I can imagine in brilliant sunlight it would have a quite different feel. Service was good, with the very eager waiter bringing a heater to our table specially, without being asked. But the food was a letdown. It is billing itself as an 'Arroceria' (think I have that right!) with a big selection of interesting paellas and being a big paella fan we just had to try them. I had one with chicken and prawns and OH had a fishy one, but frankly they weren't as good as Ca'n Ferra - or to be honest most of the other places we have eaten paella. I don't know, maybe my expectations were too high or maybe there is just only so much you can do with rice... although I did think they were being decidedly stingy with the chicken and seafood. Neither of us wanted another helping from our paella pans, which says it all really. As far as I can remember we had mixed croquettes to start and these were OK but not as good as those at O'Lume. It didn't have a children's menu either and while we usually prefer for them to eat half portions of adult food rather than something and chips, there didn't seem to be a lot on the menu that children would actually like. However, a Mallorcan family were the only other diners and they had obviously been there before - they all ordered pasta and I have to say it looked great - we were quite jealous!

Cocoa07 08-06-2010 10:10

What a shame. My husband used to love the Paella at Llenaire - he said that Pepe used to do one of the best.

Fingers crossed that things will pick up and get better.

Gommar Goffer 08-06-2010 10:20

Kate - were you dining in the front restaurant? The white one on the seafront because we were talking about the one behind it

kate1 08-06-2010 14:47

Whoops - yes, sorry! It was the front restaurant - the white one which is called Llenaire, not the back one. Have to say I wished we had gone to the back one after our meal as it always seemed much more popular!

Zapper 08-06-2010 19:22

"The Restaurant at The Back"

i liked the old Llenaire Restaurant, but the re-decoration and refurbishment has done nothing for it.
I understand that there has been some form of family break-up and the man who owned/ran Restauant Llenaire now owns/runs "The Restaurant At The Back"( "Siuriell"?)

I have been to the restaurant at the back a lot over the last few weeks. The food is excellent, and not too expensive. The service is the best in the Port.

The other lunchtime the little place at the back was full, but they kindly sqeezed me in. Restaurant Llenaire had one table occupied.
Friends took me for my birthday. We had a great time. They had all eaten at much more expensive places in the Port and said that the food here was as good if not better!

I know it's a bit of a walk out of town, but it is worth a visit.
They deserve to do well.

Give it a try.

Zapper

favie 08-06-2010 19:36

The Restaurant at the Back

So glad you were as enamoured with the place as I was Zapper :).
As I said it was a great find for me this year....and well worth the very pleasant walk. So glad I stumbled across it!! As you said, food, price and staff all perfect!!

smg 08-06-2010 21:19

we loved it too, nearest eatery to the excellent Strawberry Fields Forever, fantastic service & value, only downside a slightly dodgy spag bol which my youngest couldn't eat - it did taste a bit 'off' - but seemed very popular with locals, & always fuller than 'Llenaire' next door

Rosita101 10-06-2010 15:11

Llenaires

Hi
Have known Pepe and his family for probably around 15 years or so. Standard of food at times has fluctuated but the welcome and warmth as well as the fantastic location has always been terrific.
Pepe's wife Maite ran Siurell (at the back), impeccably for some years, but there were family problems and she opened a bar in the Port whilst Davide became front of house in the main restaurant.
We didn't go there too often for a time as myself and a couple of other family members did not take to Davide's particular way of managing the restaurant.
But I wish them well in their new venture - whilst we will certainly support Pepe in his.

PP76 10-06-2010 18:42

We use and enjoy both restaurants, I have to say that over the years we have always found David to be wonderful and are delighted to see he is now back running the restaurant, rather then being in the kitchen as he had been for the last few months.
PP76

Belladonna 10-06-2010 19:44

So things have changed yet again from when they first opened back in Easter? Personally I am thrilled that Davide is back "front of shop" again. His personality is what made Llenaire what it was last time and it looks as if they have now realised that. Its also good to have two different types of restaurant in Llenaire to choose from.

PaulB 11-06-2010 10:29

Bit confused here, guys. :confused:

Would I be correct in assuming that there are two seperate restaurants (one at front, one at back) and the one at the back (i.e. the one that is not called Llenaire) is now considered to be the best option out of the two?

Do they have similar menus? If not, then what is the main difference? Is Davide in the front or the back restaurant?