Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Restaurant Llenaire (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/5836-restaurant-llenaire.html)

Belladonna 11-06-2010 11:55

Yes Paul, two restaurants side by side. Actually there always has been, but it tended to look like just one as they were very similar in style.
Now the front restaurant has had a complete make over, due to family reasons, and is now a far more modern restaurant, serving a menu similar to, but not the same as, Can Josep's.
Davide was the front man of the old Llenaire (front) restaurant, but was made head chef when the changeover happened. It now appears that he has been asked to return to front of house again, which in my opinion is a better place for him ;). As both restaurants have totally different menus ( "back" restaurant, Siurell, serves a lot more traditional style of food) it is entirely personal taste as to what you consider the "best". I cant wait to try them both!
Hope this clears things up a bit more for you.:)

PaulB 11-06-2010 12:44

Thanks, Bella. Brilliantly explained. It's all clear to me now. :)

favie 25-07-2010 13:47

How far are these two restaurants from Olot apartments ....anyone know please?:)

PP76 25-07-2010 14:27

Both these restaurants are opposite the beach, about a four to five minute walk from your apartment.

PP76

favie 26-07-2010 09:38

Thank you PP76 that really helps....(not booked as yet) but as I know where the restaurants are this gives me a great indication as to where the apartments are situated :)

sunny 09-08-2010 10:43

Tried both last week, both fantastic. First time we tried around 9.30 not tables to be had. Llienaire for Paella great as usual didn't seem to get as much as in the past but good thing really! lots of spanish eating when we were in. Took us 3 attempts to find table at Siurell but well worth it first time we've been and am sure will be back many times next year. Much more relaxed in Siurell staff seemed to enjoy themselves food fantastic tried pork in cabbage for first time yum.

Cocoa07 09-08-2010 12:29

Ok - bit an update on these. These restaurants are no longer related. Pepe gave up Llenaire's due to increased rates and opened (or re-opened really) Siurell at the back, in the building that he has owned for years. Llenaire's was taken over by someone else and David was asked to stay on.

I am going to post about Siurell separately so that other members can search for it by name but needless to say, the food was excellent. Staff are brilliant and Pepe was his usual cheerful self - it was great to see him back at his best. The restaurant was constantly busy and on some nights the lack of custom at Llenaire's was made even more obvious by the full tables as Siurell.