Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 10:20

Default Lunch Time

Hi, my partner and I are returning to PP on Saturday after such a lovely trip last year. As we have booked an apartment this year, we plan to eat lunch in most days so more can be spent on the delicious evenings meals, however we want to have lunch the day we arrive, so I was wondering where people would recommend to go. We don't want anything too pricey but are open to suggestions but as it's the first day would like to kick off the holiday with a yummy lunch and a glass of wine!

As we are looking forward to the holiday so much we have pretty much decided where we will be going each night, i.e. Stay, Los Zafolos, El Posito, etc....(just to give you an idea of what kind of thing we like)

I have been reading different reviews on various places but interested in everyones feedback.

Many Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2009, 13:08

We have always gone to the Stay for our 'arrival' lunch - especially if it's good weather, there is just something so special about sitting looking out at the bay and knowing you have days stretching ahead of you... We don't necessarily have a full meal - if we've had a really early start and are famished we have sometimes had the set MDD, which is pretty good value, but often we just have something off the snack menu. That provides the Stay experience without having to spend a fortune. I really like the grilled chicken breast and chips with salad - simple, but always well cooked - or I noticed in April when we were out that they have introduced a few new dishes on the snack menu (can't remember what they were, sorry, but they sounded good!)

Having said that, we might just try Ca'n Josep this year for that PP first meal - have never been but judging by recent reviews it seems to combine a great setting with pretty good food.
Old 02-09-2009, 17:03

Default arrival lunch

There are lots of lovely places to eat in PP but arrival lunch could not be better spent than at Little Italy on the Pine Walk. Glorious food, lovely wine (or beer) and the best views to go with it all. If you are really hungry then you can buy a half metre or full metre sized freshly-made pizza there. Delicious!
Saturday lunchtimes are often quieter there as it's the main change-over day too so you stand a good chance of getting a good table without too much trouble.

Old 02-09-2009, 17:04

Maybe not the type of place you had in mind but we like to go to the Joker Bar for lunch when we arrive as it is perfectly placed on the seafront with lovely views and friendly staff. We can relax and start to savour the atmosphere of Puerto Pollensa with the delicious thought of the two weeks ahead of us! It is the ideal family place with burgers and pizzas for the teenagers but other things to suit everybody.
Old 02-09-2009, 18:29

Coco

I would suggest you go to the Illa D'oR. You can sit on a table outside by the waterside where it is very relaxing ans feels 'exclusive'. Food and service are good and as you look across the bay you can look forward to the week ahead. Enjoy!

Adios

Dave
Old 02-09-2009, 19:06

Hi coco79,
Some nice suggestions already, and being a foodie I love most of them. Lunch at Stay is hard to beat; we used to do it every Saturday when we lived there. However after about twenty years of PP, I think the best value is to sit at Los Faroles with a mixed tapas (far better than Bar Neptune in my opinion) with a nice crisp bottle of white.
We are over in two weeks. Can't wait
Old 02-09-2009, 19:08

Thanks for this post Coco, we are arriving Saturday and were wondering the same thing, and we have exactly the same taste in restaurants! Now whose suggestion to choose
Old 02-09-2009, 20:18

Thanks everyone for the brilliant suggestions! Ooh which one to choose?...

I am thinking of trying somewhere where we are not planning to have an evening meal, just so that we get to try as many places as possible within the week! Swaying a little bit towards Los Faroles as I have read several good reviews, but then again they all sound really good. This is going to be a tricky decision - I have never been to a resort that has such a big selection of amazing restaurants!

Roll on Saturday... Thanks again everyone, can't wait