Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-08-2009, 14:00

Default 25th of July - 8th August

Part 1
Restaurants we visited this year, not in order or detail, meant to keep a record this year, but time is too precious over there. First in the town, first night has to be Ca n’Olesa for the best pizzas we’ve had anywhere and great friendly service, its great to be welcomed like old friends each time, went back later in the week as well as the food is so good. Next and the best food on the island at La Font del Gall, once for our anniversary, great food very friendly staff and in fact the food was cheaper than last year, we still had a photo of last years menu and the prices had dropped. Delicious food, lots of choice and veggie options can t be better for quality and service, booking essential for outside. Next Il Giardino, once again great food and service, great pasta and starters, delicious food in a great setting very elegant inside, twice there as well. Café L’ille at the foot of the steps, had tapas there at lunch time as it was just too hot to climb up them. Nice choice again, lovely Pa omb oli, and spicy potatoes and mushrooms.
Old 14-08-2009, 14:01

Part 2
Next in the port first choice has to be Tiberi, our favourite place in the port, once again welcomed like old friends, service very good, attentive without being rushed, lovely food again, tempura veggies beautiful starter mains were equally delicious. El Mojito great service, and as I said last year their tumbet is so delicious I just had to have it again, if you haven’t tried it you must, unbelievably delicious, quieter this year which helped, it can get very busy. Guru, another favourite, we went there with friends which made it even better, great staff, great selection of tapas which we all shared, and lovely pasta, and also the fish was good apparently. Tolos, we had lunch there and left the car at home, son stayed on the beach so we had a great relaxing long lunch with a lovely bottle of rosada, we haven’t been there for years but on all your recommendations we tried it. Glad we did, food great, we had some tapas and some bowls of pasta and a few beers, looking out to sea. Will certainly go back next time for dinner. Tamarells on the beach, great location and food, service is slow, but they have a lot of covers and with nice views and a glass of wine who needs to hurry, watch out for the toilets, best go elsewhere. Dakota Steakhouse, sorry, we would not normally go there but is was 5 on Saturday afternoon before we went to the airport and we were disparate for somewhere to eat, sat down by the beach waited 15 mins to be severed so we got up and walked out, Went around to the square still looking for somewhere and ended up back in the Dakota Steakhouse by Bonys, at least we got served there. I had fajitas vegetal, which was very disappointing, simple fresh lovely vegetables grilled, how can they spoil that, very plain, nothing special, others were disappointed to, we wont be going back. We went the Serenity Coast with friends again, we always have at least one Chinese when we are there, same as the people who run the one on the roundabout. The service was second to none they couldn’t do enough for us, it ended up being a bit of a session with two bottles of wine, free Chinese spirit and a free bottle of cava, The food there is the beautiful with so many veggie dishes to choose from, hot and spicy, how I like it. Great food, great company one of the best nights there, thanks Sparky.
Lastly lunch on a very hot day at Bistro Mar in Cala st Vicenc, great tapas in a great location, all food was so fresh and tasty, service as usual was superb, lots of choice, great prices, we must try to get there for dinner on time.
So there you have it another year gone, great food as usual, prices slightly higher but seemed to be bigger portions, to big at times, cost for lunch was always around 50 euros for three adults, diner with two courses, wine and drinks 70 Euros and three courses with wine and drink 100-110 euros still good value I think, already planning next year which ones to try, including Babel in the town which looks good and must try Bisto mar in the evening.

Last edited by sws97sdg; 14-08-2009 at 14:04.
Old 14-08-2009, 14:32

Great reports, sws! Thanks very much.
Old 14-08-2009, 15:32
Super Moderator

Good review thanks for sharing it with us SWS. Serenity Coast really was a good night wasn't it?. Of course the company made it more special for me and hubby. Hopefully next year we will all go to Mirch Massala.
Old 14-08-2009, 15:37

Great reviews Sws, i agree with you on Tiberi, i think it a great place. its got a good atmosphere there too.
Serenity coast sounds good. We'll have to try that one.
Old 14-08-2009, 17:06

Thanks,Sws, great report! Roll on next year.
Old 14-08-2009, 18:24

Thanks sws!

Good to hear your tales, I think we've walked out for slow service , can't remember the details or where.

And what 's good is telling about veggie experiences.

On your hols you always seem to bump in to the most interesting and lovely people!
Old 14-08-2009, 21:43

Thanks sparky, you're on
Old 15-08-2009, 00:37

Great report but none of the places I would visit.
Old 15-08-2009, 00:44
Super Moderator

See you in El Posito then Snowy i will be at the end of the bar, i have told them that you are on your way.
Old 15-08-2009, 07:44

Now your talking great places
Old 17-08-2009, 13:02

Thanks SWS - great reading. Your holiday sounds lovely. I love the old town.

I wish we could have made it back out again this year but with Mabel being poorly it's September at home I am afraid.

Oh well - roll on next June!

Lala
Old 17-08-2009, 14:15

Thanks mate, yes we have relocated permanently to the town now I think, sorry you wont make it over again, Sparky will be sad too, thinking of you and Mabel.
Old 17-08-2009, 14:31
Super Moderator

Yes i am sad but Mabelcat must take priority, take care Lala hugs xx
Old 18-08-2009, 11:10

Great report SWS, including many of the places I would visit. Enjoyed the review of your holiday very much. I had a great veggie paella in El Mojito last October and the service was good too, but it was very quiet and I agree this can make a big difference. Must give the tumbet a try. Thanks again.