Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 18:38

Smile Pollenca Town

Hi, I am new to this site and forum

We have stayed in the Pollenca area 3 times now, we are staying in Hotel Son Sant Jordi next week (for the first time).

We have eaten in Pollenca town before and had a lovely meal in a restaurant run by Scottish folk - don't know the name, can anyone help.

Also interested in knowing other mid to top class restaurants to go for dinner in the town or Port (with idiot guide directions please), additionly looking for good value places for lunch.

Many thanks

Nicky
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2008, 19:21

Hi Nicky
Welcome to the forum. I think the restaurant you mean is the Font De Gall run by a very nice Scottish couple, we always have special meals there as they are all so friendly, last summer the owner was pregnant, expecting her baby last October. If you check out the Eating out guide on the left you should find all the info you need also check out the threads in this section, hope you have a great time.
Old 07-05-2008, 20:05

Hi Nicky

I also think it must be La Font del Gall - always excellent in my experience. I would suggest that you also try C'an Olesa in the main Square. We avoided it during many trips as, from looking at the menu, you might think it was simply a pizza place. We now always include it on our trips as the pizzas are the best I have ever tasted. Salads are also excellent and profiteroles (filled with ice cream and smothered in good chocolate sauce) are to die for! I also like Il Giardino also in the main Square.

Down in the Port other suggestions from me would be Tolos (main road on south sandy beach side) , Little Italy (right on the Pine Walk) and Tiberi (just off the main Square).

Hope this is useful.

Sharon
Old 07-05-2008, 20:23

sws97sdg & Sharonh

Thank you both very much - can't wait till we get out there, this time next week, I'll be all packed and ready to go!

Thanks again - more recommendations are more than welcome!

Best wishes

Nicky
Old 08-05-2008, 20:02

Nicky

I forgot to add we stayed at the Son Sant Jordi in March 2007. It was great you will really enjoy it.

Sharon
Old 10-05-2008, 11:53

All

Already packed! Still 5 days to go - am I sad?

Nicky
Old 10-05-2008, 14:14

Hi Nicky

Another great place to eat in Pollenca is off the square and is called tempo bar, if you walk past font de gall so thats on your right , carry straight on and about 200 yards and you will see tempo on your left , it looks just like a bar from outside but go in, the owner Raffa speaks perfect English... its where a lot of the locals go....great for steak...
And right oppposite there is Canonet Italian relly good...
Another one which is bums on seats and 7 euros for 3 courses and wine and water etc is es moli which is on the back road out of pollenca near the Pont de Roma bridge... just to add this price is menu del dia and just at lunch time..........
Old 10-05-2008, 15:28

Would definitely recommend Los Zarzales , Stay, Siller and La LLonja to name just a few in the Port.

In Pollensa Ca'n Costa , Clivia, Cantonet (book a table on the terrace by the church) are all first class on food and service. Agree with moosey about El Temple..my daughter introduced us to this little gem a couple of years back when she was working in Pollensa. Raffa is a great host and the food is a mix of authentic and international..great tapas for starters Would also agree about lunchtime at Es Moli being great value and terrific fun..you almost have to shout to get your order in above the noise of the locals!!

Debs
Old 11-05-2008, 07:04

Thumbs up Pollensa Town

Hi Debs & Moosey

Sounds like we're gonna get really fat out there next week - I am cutting and pasteing restuarant names and directions in to a word doc to take with me! Just hope we don't get to the airport armed with this most important info, but minus passports etc! Ha ha!

This site reminds me of getting directions in the UK when there were more pubs around - they were always a landmark that was used to find your way around new areas. Due to the knowledge and expertise on this site, we'll be able to do a tour by restaurant interspersed by the odd bar - bliss!

Thank you all, only 4 days to go! Just a shame I have to go to a two day management conference in Skegness before we go!

Best Wishes

Nicky
Old 11-05-2008, 09:30

You'll be able to top your tan up in Skeggy before you go!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:32

Have a great holiday Nicky and happy eating..

......don't forget to pack the Alka Seltzers

Debs
Old 14-05-2008, 16:13

Well, went to the management conference in Skegness, just got back. Six hour journey to get there - got up at 3 am yesterday morning, 5 hour journey back - nightmare.

My company who shall remain nameless, decided to hold this conference at Butlins - what a hell hole! My bedding hadn't even been changed from the previous occupants and on complaining, they gave me clean sheets and told me to do it myself!!!!! Roll on Pollensa!
Old 14-05-2008, 19:08

OMG Nicky. You deserve a holiday after that experience!

Enjoy your break. I am heading out on Sunday for 12 days - I can't wait.

Sharon
Old 14-05-2008, 23:09

Have a great holiday Nicky. You need it! I had a good look around the Son Sant Jordi last August and thought it was lovely. And the setting is perfect.

Enjoy your holiday Sharon. Look forward to hearing about it on your return.

LK
Old 15-05-2008, 20:13

Thanks LK - though I am not sure that I am wise to be leaving this lovely weather we are currently having in Northern Ireland!