Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   [B]August Restaurants[/B] (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/15151-b-august-restaurants-b.html)

Rockape 04-09-2023 16:12

[B]August Restaurants[/B]

We have our favourites and tend to stick to them, which are mainly Stay, Suirrel, La Llonja, Centric and Voromar 57, but were determined to try a few others on this trip.

We went to Zarzales at La Gola and found a very friendly restaurant with a very small menu, but a lovely meal none the less. The downside, was the position, which isn't great! I'd give it 7/10.

Iru was our place of sanctury during the evening of the storm, so it was indoors and a bit of an unusual atmosphere. Decent experience, but won't rush back. 6.5/10

We sat on the decking at the newish Velomar restaurant, which offers tasty Italian food. We didn't have starters but had some garlic bread and tomato bread which was a meal in itself. Sitting almost on the beach and watching the super moon rise added to the experience and the service was as good as we've experienced anywhere....so I'm going to give it a 9/10.

For the record scores for the others:

Stay 9/10
La Llonja 9/10
Centric 8/10
Swing 7.5/10
Suirrell 7.5/10

Disorderly 04-09-2023 17:49

How nice to see a review…..a rare occurrence nowadays! Zarzales is a firm favourite of ours and the location is lovely in the garden area or later in the street with the lights on. Out of high season, when it’s open, the inside space is really lovely and the fantastic pictures on the walls were painted by the owner’s sister.

Can’t fault your choices of restaurants or scores, Rockape. Thanks for the post.

Rockape 05-09-2023 16:19

Thanks Dunc....Just as a follow up to this, I take a few male friends out for short trips occasionally and invariably despite the Stay and La Llonja experiences, they choose Suirrell as their favourite. I marked it down slightly on this occasion as they seem to be a man down on staffing and it shows.

KWUK2 11-09-2023 16:52

Hi Rockape - for us also - Iru was our place of sanctury during the evening of the storm.

My wife and I were the couple that entered causing some chaos wearing our soaked mad-dashers, joining the other four youngsters who were able to run to Iru.

Perhaps it was you who asked me from where I got the mad-dashers ?

KWUK2 12-09-2023 11:03

Whilst not giving scores for each, our own most enjoyable / best evening meals were -

Stay, still our top choice by a good margin, went there more than once

La Lonja & Iru.

And also - the new 2Kanallas Street Gourmet on Calle de Formentor impressed a lot.

(Whereas the 2Kanallas by the church did not match our evening there last year). The duplicated names is not of benefit to either of those two restaurants IMO, needs a resolution somehow.

Our new discovery was Pronto Pizza take-away near the roundabout; a welcome change from restaurants. Enjoyed eating a pizza whilst sitting on a bench overlooking the boats in the marina, followed by ice cream elsewhere :-) Cheapo and enjoyably different.

Tangoman 12-09-2023 11:42

Yes, we also discovered Pronto Pizza this year. Just wanted something simple for a night in, although late on - after 10.00 p.m. Went to Eolo for a pizza takeaway, but they had just shut. However the guy in charge, to his credit, pointed me in the direction of Pronto Pizza. At first sight I was dubious, but it was busy yet still quick, and the basic Margarita was simply delicious. And cheap as chips. Will be back next year (Already booked). :)

Rockape 12-09-2023 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWUK2 (Post 137222)
Hi Rockape - for us also - Iru was our place of sanctury during the evening of the storm.

My wife and I were the couple that entered causing some chaos wearing our soaked mad-dashers, joining the other four youngsters who were able to run to Iru.

Perhaps it was you who asked me from where I got the mad-dashers ?

Hi Kwuk2....yes it was indeed myself and my wife was impressed by your handy plastic capes....how funny! :)