Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Rockape
  • 2 Post By Disorderly
  • 1 Post By KWUK2
  • 3 Post By KWUK2
  • 1 Post By Tangoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2023, 16:12

Default [B]August Restaurants[/B]

We have our favourites and tend to stick to them, which are mainly Stay, Suirrel, La Llonja, Centric and Voromar 57, but were determined to try a few others on this trip.

We went to Zarzales at La Gola and found a very friendly restaurant with a very small menu, but a lovely meal none the less. The downside, was the position, which isn't great! I'd give it 7/10.

Iru was our place of sanctury during the evening of the storm, so it was indoors and a bit of an unusual atmosphere. Decent experience, but won't rush back. 6.5/10

We sat on the decking at the newish Velomar restaurant, which offers tasty Italian food. We didn't have starters but had some garlic bread and tomato bread which was a meal in itself. Sitting almost on the beach and watching the super moon rise added to the experience and the service was as good as we've experienced anywhere....so I'm going to give it a 9/10.

For the record scores for the others:

Stay 9/10
La Llonja 9/10
Centric 8/10
Swing 7.5/10
Suirrell 7.5/10
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2023, 17:49

How nice to see a review…..a rare occurrence nowadays! Zarzales is a firm favourite of ours and the location is lovely in the garden area or later in the street with the lights on. Out of high season, when it’s open, the inside space is really lovely and the fantastic pictures on the walls were painted by the owner’s sister.

Can’t fault your choices of restaurants or scores, Rockape. Thanks for the post.
Sharonh and mike_dublin like this.
Old 05-09-2023, 16:19

Thanks Dunc....Just as a follow up to this, I take a few male friends out for short trips occasionally and invariably despite the Stay and La Llonja experiences, they choose Suirrell as their favourite. I marked it down slightly on this occasion as they seem to be a man down on staffing and it shows.
Old 11-09-2023, 16:52

Hi Rockape - for us also - Iru was our place of sanctury during the evening of the storm.

My wife and I were the couple that entered causing some chaos wearing our soaked mad-dashers, joining the other four youngsters who were able to run to Iru.

Perhaps it was you who asked me from where I got the mad-dashers ?
Bekki likes this.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:03

Whilst not giving scores for each, our own most enjoyable / best evening meals were -

Stay, still our top choice by a good margin, went there more than once

La Lonja & Iru.

And also - the new 2Kanallas Street Gourmet on Calle de Formentor impressed a lot.

(Whereas the 2Kanallas by the church did not match our evening there last year). The duplicated names is not of benefit to either of those two restaurants IMO, needs a resolution somehow.

Our new discovery was Pronto Pizza take-away near the roundabout; a welcome change from restaurants. Enjoyed eating a pizza whilst sitting on a bench overlooking the boats in the marina, followed by ice cream elsewhere :-) Cheapo and enjoyably different.
Sharonh, Lorenzo and Tangoman like this.
Old 12-09-2023, 11:42

Yes, we also discovered Pronto Pizza this year. Just wanted something simple for a night in, although late on - after 10.00 p.m. Went to Eolo for a pizza takeaway, but they had just shut. However the guy in charge, to his credit, pointed me in the direction of Pronto Pizza. At first sight I was dubious, but it was busy yet still quick, and the basic Margarita was simply delicious. And cheap as chips. Will be back next year (Already booked).
Sharonh likes this.
Old 12-09-2023, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWUK2 View Post
Hi Rockape - for us also - Iru was our place of sanctury during the evening of the storm.

My wife and I were the couple that entered causing some chaos wearing our soaked mad-dashers, joining the other four youngsters who were able to run to Iru.

Perhaps it was you who asked me from where I got the mad-dashers ?
Hi Kwuk2....yes it was indeed myself and my wife was impressed by your handy plastic capes....how funny!