Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2019, 11:16

Default Marina Brasserie

Can’t understand why this restuarant, which is one of the Villa Cuisines Group, doesn’t get more reviews on this Forum.
We have been here for 9 days and have had a couple of brunches and numerous coffee’s. Last night we went for dinner and it was superb. They have both European and Asian dishes on the menu and I had a king prawn wok dish with basmati rice ( could have had noodles ) and my wife a satay chicken dish. Both were fantastic and so tasty and hot. The bill with beer, wine and a couple of large GnT’s came to 66 euro’s. Very acceptable for such quality.
We will certainly be going back.
LK1960, Sparky, animagic21 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2019, 11:42

There were a lot of poor reports on that restaurant & the one in the square last year, we were one of them ,however hopefully the problems have been sorted ,always happy to give a second chance.
Old 02-07-2019, 13:32

Always have a warm welcome here & they are open all through the winter too. The breakfasts we have had have always been really tasty. Joseph is a lovely man too!!!
Bekki likes this.
Old 02-07-2019, 19:09

We ate there last year but not great for food or service so because it is so crowded around there we wouldnt bother to go again

Tolos another of their restaurants back to its worse this year ! very quiet so thought it would be Ok They tried to charge us 34 Euros for 2 glasses of Cava !!! Bread charged for not brought to table The only good thing my seafood Pizza
Desert requested not brought so given free coffees We were part of a queue of complainers !!

It is just not consistent Tell me somewhere else for good seafood Pizza Please !
cumberland8 likes this.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:54

[QUOTE=copper;127205]We ate there last year but not great for food or service so because it is so crowded around there we wouldnt bother to go again

Tolos another of their restaurants back to its worse this year ! very quiet so thought it would be Ok They tried to charge us 34 Euros for 2 glasses of Cava !!! Bread charged for not brought to table The only good thing my seafood Pizza
Desert requested not brought so given free coffees We were part of a queue of complainers !!

It is just not consistent Tell me somewhere else for good seafood Pizza Please ![/QUOTE

Little Italy best pizzas and superb location
Old 03-07-2019, 07:12

I find it gets a wee bit lost in amongst 1919, IRU, Casinet etc. They all blend into one really.

I have been off season and it is stunning inside with the kitchen on view and lovely toilets. I thought the food was fantastic also but again I find that particular strip a much of a muchness.

I do think Vila Cuisines has been a fantastic addition, particularly the two Casa Vilas.
animagic21 and Bekki like this.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:53

Will try Little Italy Thank you Seafood Pizza is the only one I like and not something you get in Uk apart from Froz prawns and one moule !

Entirely agree with all those Restaurants being on top of each other and you arent sure where you are eating !
debz1 likes this.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
We ate there last year but not great for food or service so because it is so crowded around there we wouldnt bother to go again

It is just not consistent Tell me somewhere else for good seafood Pizza Please !
Try Moll De Bellagio, Calle Llevante. New this year. Used to be the old fish and chip shop. Now fitted out with a pizza oven. Nice interior and garden area. Very good pizza and pasta dishes. Two of us had pizza each, two sweets, large beer and a bottle of house rioja, 10 euro, total 39 euro.
Also had, not same visit!, seafood ravioli and lasagne. Both very tasty.
On our last visit in May guests included a group of about 20 what I believe were expats all having a great time.
Highly recommend
Lorenzo and Bekki like this.
Old 03-07-2019, 16:08

Will definately try there next visit as we did see it Thank you

For price of your whole meal Tolos were going to charge nearly that for 2 glasses of Prosecco !
Old 05-07-2019, 00:13

Miller - you beat me to it. We ate at MDB a couple of times in March this year. The (evening) meals we had were first class and reasonably priced. Checked with them whether they offered a seafood pizza (which they confirmed) and as said, if it's anything like the meals we had, it will be well worth a try. Seems they don't have a website, only Facebook (which I don't) ..
Bekki likes this.
Old 16-12-2019, 10:58
Super Moderator

We dined in Casa Vila this weekend and were told that Marina Brasserie has been sold.
Old 17-12-2019, 08:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
We dined in Casa Vila this weekend and were told that Marina Brasserie has been sold.
Wow, I was under the impression that the Casa Vila guys were in the business of buying and developing more, not selling.

Funnily enough when I read Golfaholics post I didn't read the date and was going to post exactly what I did post in July. The restaurant IMO could do with less seats out front as it is difficult to say where on restaurant stops and the other one starts and I think given the stunning interior it should be viewed more rather than a place to just to go to use the toilets.

Hopefully this is a strategic plan by the Casa Vila guys as I love what they have brought over the last 3 or 4 years.
Old 17-12-2019, 12:01
Super Moderator

This has been posted on FB this morning :-

Quote:
To our dearest customers,

Thank you for all your support and loyalty over the last 10years at Marina. The time has come to for us to move forward in a slightly different direction so we have sold up. Details of our new project will be to follow and with our aim to open by next summer.

And thank you so much to our fantastic staff that have been with us over the years and made Marina what it was. They will be moving forward with us so look out for those friendly faces we all love so much!

Marina will always be in our hearts and will be missed but we are looking forward to the future for Vilacuisines!

Thank you all again from the bottom of our hearts.

Marina by Vilacuisines
Tommo likes this.
Old 17-12-2019, 18:20

What a shame their International Menu was excellent and such a difference from the rest of the chain. They were also great supporters and hosts of Sant Antoni. Did a great breakfast as well!!
We will miss them
Old 22-12-2019, 17:29

I’ve only walked by it but Marina remains open presumably under its new owners with an international and Asian menu.