Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Tolo's (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/12959-tolos.html)

Mark 09-01-2017 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_dublin (Post 116207)
Tolo retiring together with Sir Bradley? ;)

Maybe Tolo's will be renamed Wiggins ;)

Plenty of space outside for another two or three cycle racks along the new wider pavement. An ideal location for a cycling themed Bar/Restaraunt.
https://goo.gl/maps/LTn4BfshXtm

mallorcaboy 09-01-2017 22:36

Our first apartment was in Pinaret so Tolo's was the first and last place for a drink. Some great memories, but also plenty not so great. Same as above really, lots of times of long waits, wrong food and always had to check the bill, which was seldom right. I don't think they deliberately over charged, just not well run. On the whole though, hope the new people do well. Looking forward to trying it again sometime

debz1 10-01-2017 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallorcaboy (Post 116301)
Our first apartment was in Pinaret so Tolo's was the first and last place for a drink. Some great memories, but also plenty not so great. Same as above really, lots of times of long waits, wrong food and always had to check the bill, which was seldom right. I don't think they deliberately over charged, just not well run. On the whole though, hope the new people do well. Looking forward to trying it again sometime

Similar to us mallorca boy..we're in Pinaret and have been going to Tolos ever since we first started coming out to PP in the late 80's. The service has definitely deteriorated (or maybe we've just got fussier and didn't care so much when we had young children, and eating out wasn't such a pleasurable experience) Having said that we will always have fond memories of Tolos especially one memorable day (in fact not memorable at all as it's all a bit hazy) when every time we asked for the bill Diego bought us all another beer on the house! This went on for about 5 rounds :eek: This was about 5pm and we'd only popped in for a quick drink before going back to the apartment to get ready to go out to eat. We never did make it out that night :D

Teflon 10-01-2017 09:25

Tolo's was always a firm favourite for us for a long lunch with a cold beer and a glass of wine or three whilst we sat and people watched or just admired the wonderful bay of Pollensa. We even did the 'Ice Bucket Challenge' on the wall across the road after one particularly long lunch!!

Tolo and his regular staff were always good to us and we really hope that they are retained in the new venture.

We appreciate that things have to change but we have been going to Tolo's for 30 years and will retain fond memories of the place.

Have just told my now grown up children and they can't believe that two PP institutions that they grew up with (Vall's and Tolo's) have gone in the same year!!

So sad.............:(:(

Roy&Myra 10-01-2017 11:54

We first met Tollo when he had the restaurant on the corner at Llenaire Many many
years ago.Became a regular venue.
He Introduced Us to Julio Eglasias ,He had one of his first cassettes Hey! Think him And Myra wore the tape out.
Frequented the NEW Restaurant For a number of years but it all got to rushed and service declined .The bikers took over and now its all History.
Happy retirement Tollo
Thanks For The Memories

pollensafan 10-01-2017 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy&Myra (Post 116319)
We first met Tollo when he had the restaurant on the corner at Llenaire Many many
years ago.Became a regular venue.
He Introduced Us to Julio Eglasias ,He had one of his first cassettes Hey! Think him And Myra wore the tape out.
Happy retirement Tollo
Thanks For The Memories

Yes, Roy will always be grateful to Tolo for introducing him to the Julio cassette. It finally persuaded him to get rid of his wind up gramophone with the HMV dog on the metal horn.:D

rebel 10-01-2017 16:10

Who's Julio Eglasias and what's a cassette.

pollensafan 10-01-2017 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebel (Post 116331)

Any more of that and you'll be sent to the naughty step. :)

Roy&Myra 10-01-2017 18:26

Julio & Tolo &cassetes were about in our younger days before we built the Beach.
So be grateful to us old #arts

Nick 10-01-2017 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebel (Post 116331)

Phew, and there was me thinking I was the only "youngster" on the forum!!

:D

lollipop 10-01-2017 19:06

Tolo's is being painted outside today.

rebel 10-01-2017 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 116334)
Phew, and there was me thinking I was the only "youngster" on the forum!!

:D

Only young at heart Nick, with a terrible sense of humour.:rolleyes:

sws97sdg 10-01-2017 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 116335)
Tolo's is being painted outside today.

Thanks for getting us back on topic lollipop! Any up date on who has taken it over?

Sparky 11-01-2017 15:49

I can now confirm that Tolo's has been taken over by the Vila family, they have just posted thison FB :-

Quote:

BREAKING NEWS IN PP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vilacuisines ( Casa Vila, Marina Brasserie, Marina Events, Casa Vila di mare). Our next opening in February, Tolo's Restaurant

debz1 11-01-2017 16:15

Yes.. I thought so! I Saw Tolo chatting to Toni in the summer at Casa Vila di Mare. When you said a 'well respected family' had bought Tolos I put two and two together. Absolutely delighted for them :)