Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree19Likes
  • 13 Post By pips
  • 4 Post By pips
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By pips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 19:02

Default A few reviews

We arrived 16th May for 10 days, there was a hic up as the taxi wasn't at the airport, after a phone call and many apologies we were on our way at no cost, this won't stop us using Conde again. The Daina is a great hotel, we had asked for a high room but ended up on the 2nd floor, it seems rooms are allocated on a first come first serve basis, we were moved on day 2 up to the 5th floor and what a view, there was no problem changing rooms. When our daughter arrived she was only 2 doors away as requested, lovely big double room and she shared our view.
Corb Mari
Saturday night is steak night so off here, I know it can be expensive. We had chicken croquettes and calamari for starters the portions were too big, fewer and reduced price would be better. T bone steak for main, I had the fillet Tim the sirloin mixed veg and chips, they do cook their steaks rare ok if you like it that way as we do but it is hard to know what to ask for. No dessert. Beer,water and a bottle of red. Total approx 75e very close to the taxi cost.

Brisa Marina
First time here why oh why. Started with onion soup lovely just the right size of crouton and onion flavour, I can taste it as I write, Tim had moules, he has developed a real liking for these, mains were salmon can't remember the sauce but it was really good, Tim had lobster which had been presented to him, looking at this poor crustacean before cooking is hard, but no stopping him and he enjoyed every last bit. Creme Catalan to follow, Tim doesn't do dessert, bottle of red, a beer and water, a really wonderful dining experience will definitely be back in July. Again it was about the 75e mark and with the exchange rate eating out over the 10 days was super value.
Can Josep
We didn't book a table but there was no problem not a window table but only one away. The staff are very attentive the whole place is super, as you can tell we never made it here when it was Tangos. This was Tims favourite meal and the most expensive, but there were 3 of us this time and we all had 3 courses with a good bottle of red drinks to start and water, with every meal we had bread olives and aliol. Started with goats cheese salad, calamari and prawns all excellent. To follow duck, shoulder of lamb and salmon all delicious, to finish strawberries and ice cream, creme Catalan and a half cheese board for Tim, espresso for me. A delicious meal, wonderful view, lovely to sit and see the area from a different angle. We had taken a taxi there and it was no problem for the staff to order one for us, it was about 6e one way. All in all wonderful setting, service and food. Be advised to book a table, can see it being very busy in the summer, don't want to walk or taxi out to not get a table.

More reviews to follow trying to cook a poor morsel for dinner, not quite PP standard.
debz1, LK1960, joey36 and 10 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2015, 19:14

Thanks for the great review
Old 05-06-2015, 17:36

Great review, and two of my very favourites - Brisa Marina and C'an Josep. Can't wait for your next mouthwatering episode!
Old 05-06-2015, 23:38

Default A few more

We visited a few new restaurants this time. After being praised by nearly everyone we thought it was time to give Stay a go. I'd checked the set menu, liked it,so off we went. Even in mid May some places need to be booked, we were lucky to get a table. Beautiful setting heaters on comfortable outside.
to start what I can only describe as a small glass of cold potato soup, very suitable for 2 from N.Ireland and very good it was too.
Starters of veal terrine and tempura sardines and prawns followed, both excellent.
Mains of beef in wine sauce, chicken in foie gras sauce. Lovely flavours.
Dessert this is where I get really greedy, Tim doesn't do sweet things so I get 2 if I'm up to it, but only if we're going for a set menu, they were delicious I had to have them and they weren't that big.
We had red wine and water no coffee so they gave Tim a whiskey.
All in all a really good evening and a quality meal for a very reasonable price.

Celler la Parra
This was another new one, booked this time, definitely had to.
Started with Tumbet, Prawn cocktail, melon and ham. All disappeared quickly.
Mains of Steak with pepper sauce, and 2 suckling pig, lovely veg and potatoes.
2 glasses of red 00 beer, coke and water, coffee to finish.
I really don't know the cost of the meals we had as we have a deal that Tim pays and I cop the holiday cost so he can't disagree with going to PP, not that he ever would. So another very successful night.
El Posito
We do love this place the staff are all so friendly and helpful, and of course it is always great to see Lynn and Colin.
Starters were Tumbet, chicken croquets, calamari, Libbys fav is Tumbet and this was declared the winner.
Mains were shoulder of lamb, John Dory and suckling pig all were really good.
No dessert as we had decided to get an ice cream later.
Super evening great atmosphere and though they were busy there was no rush,we were catching up with Libby as she had just arrived out from uni.
To finish with a few lunch places.
Casa Vila a big real pizza plenty of toppings, I think this was 1 of my 2 lunches, I'm not a lunch person.
Cappuccino club sandwich and chicken panini, thankfully not too windy as we sat at the waters edge, a view that is hard to beat.
Tim and Libby tried the new Velomar at my request best tuna salads very enjoyable.
Ambrosia Tim likes his sardines, they had a special of these with chips and salad, the verdict was very tasty, now that is praise for him.
So those are some of the places we went to, according to Tim overall the cost of the meals was very good especially with the exchange rate and quality. Looking forward to trying more in July.
joey36, El Gordo, Bekki and 1 others like this.
Old 06-06-2015, 00:26

Once again you have hit yet more of my favourite restaurants! Not been to Celler Le Parra for a while, so must try that again. Great report. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:50

Yes, thank you for another great report.
Can hardly wait for August...
Old 06-06-2015, 09:33
Super Moderator

Lovely trip reports Pips, thanks for sharing .
Old 07-06-2015, 08:20

Great reports pips but i have a question what is Tumbet ?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mark View Post
Great reports pips but i have a question what is Tumbet ?
It's very similar to ratatouille and is made from aubergines, potatoes, red peppers and tomatoes .
scouse mark likes this.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:13

Tumbet is Libbys favourite I was a bit confused as I thought it would be served accompanying the main dish like ratatouille but it is a starter on its own, I have a recipe from a previous thread so have promised to try to make it.
scouse mark likes this.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:37

You'll find tumbet cropping up as starter, vegetarian main course or main course accompaniment. It can be a lovely thing or it can be dismal plate of mush.

My sister in law makes the best version I know. Rather than stewing everything together, she fried each vegetable separately so that they are all just about cooked perfectly. It's only then that she brings everything together to finish it off with the tomatoes. I've tried to cook it several times and I'm simply not as good at it as she is.

Looking back at my restaurant notes, the best commercial version I've eaten was at Es Celler in Petra, back in 2008. As close to the sister in law's version as I'd hope.
Old 07-06-2015, 17:52

Brisa marina's is very good - there's a restaurant i go to in Santa Catalina (Palma) where it is served as a starter...it is superb!