Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Lunch Time In Puerto Pollensa (almost live reports) (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11130-lunch-time-puerto-pollensa-almost-live-reports.html)

Nick 04-04-2014 14:55

Interesting how you enjoy eating at Dakota's mwc, which I hasten to add I also enjoy now and again for the same reason as you, a change, yet how some time ago you berated me for using the Burger King on the sea front! Not a massive difference between the two as you can both eat on their premises!!

It's nice that PP caters for every taste and budget.

mwc 04-04-2014 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah (Post 93282)
Interesting how you enjoy eating at Dakota's mwc, which I hasten to add I also enjoy now and again for the same reason as you, a change, yet how some time ago you berated me for using the Burger King on the sea front! Not a massive difference between the two as you can both eat on their premises!!

It's nice that PP caters for every taste and budget.

I wouldn't go as strong as berating you, neither would I put Burger King take away on the front in the same category as Steakhouse opposite bonys which do a little more than a soggy burger & chips, though each to their own !!!

Sunshinedrive 04-04-2014 15:47

Took the family to port 31 today, this time I had the jalapeņo burger. Was perfectly made and again tip top service. Think we'll try somewhere new tomorrow.
So far this holiday we have had a great lunch every time, hope I've not jinxed it :-)

El Gordo 04-04-2014 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah (Post 93282)
..............It's nice that PP caters for every taste and budget.

I agree, its when there is no choice you start to lose the cosmopolitan feel that PP has, catering for all tastes. :D

Lets hope we can keep this variety by supporting them. :cool:

Sunshinedrive 04-04-2014 21:53

The steak house opposite bonys isn't open yet, but there are a lot of people with keys opening the doors of the new steak house. Been to bonys again tonight, awesome!

mwc 04-04-2014 22:07

:confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshinedrive (Post 93293)
The steak house opposite bonys isn't open yet, but there are a lot of people with keys opening the doors of the new steak house. Been to bonys again tonight, awesome!

mwc 04-04-2014 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwc (Post 93294)

Must say your posts are a breath of fresh air, great to see your enthusiasm for PP, it passes so quickly when most of us are their, we forget to sing its praises.

Rosie34 05-04-2014 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Gordo (Post 93290)
I agree, its when there is no choice you start to lose the cosmopolitan feel that PP has, catering for all tastes. :D

Lets hope we can keep this variety by supporting them. :cool:

Re the Burger King on the front - there always seems to be lots of 'locals' eating there whenever we go past - presume they just need a bit of a change from eating good Mallorcan cooking so great that there is a such a choice;);)

Sparky 05-04-2014 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie34 (Post 93301)
Re the Burger King on the front - there always seems to be lots of 'locals' eating there whenever we go past - presume they just need a bit of a change from eating good Mallorcan cooking so great that there is a such a choice;);)

Absolutely Rosie and the locals also use the Chinese and Indian restaurants and i even know a few that love a good roast beef and Yorkshire pudding lunch ;).

Sunshinedrive 05-04-2014 13:11

Back to joker for lunch today. I had the fidequay which is a noodle paella with bacon, sausage, mushrooms and an olive. It was very nice indeed. They are so good with the kids to. 10/10!

Sunshinedrive 06-04-2014 12:52

We dined at the wonderful IRU today for lunch.
I had the tagliatelle with cheese sauce and walnuts, my wife had the veg ravioli and we shared a goats cheese and roasted veg puff pastry with a raspberry sauce.
We are here for tea last year and the food was awesome, again the food was delightful. You pay the price more at IRU but it is well worth it.
The food with a glass of vino blanco each came to €40 on the nose.
Again, well worth it!

Bekki 06-04-2014 13:01

port 31

Where abouts is port 31?

Sunshinedrive 06-04-2014 16:35

Next to brisa's just up from the daina hotel

Sunshinedrive 07-04-2014 14:52

Not eaten lunch today but wife, kids and inlaws are at cafe 1919, food looked nice but took ages to arrive, not their usual good service today I'm afraid. It wasn't to busy either.

Sunshinedrive 08-04-2014 16:11

Hola peeps.
Don corleone was the resturant of choice today for lunch. Spinach and chicken pizza was for me, very good too.
Viva mallorca:-)