Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Best 5 Restaurants in PP 2014 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11072-best-5-restaurants-pp-2014-a.html)

Hamcas 01-06-2014 16:57

After trip in May my top 5 are:

1) Can Joseph
2) O'Lume
3) Stay
4) Los Zarzales
5) Maxim

Wife's top 5 are:

1) O'Lume
2) Can Joseph
3) Stay
4) Los Zarzales
5) Nicos

That completes our voting until September.

its cd 01-06-2014 23:15

Problem is that if we can only vote once per year those of us that visit several times will have to wait until after our last visit before we can vote ..... Then sadly the results from our first visit of the year may be a distant memory ....

Belladonna 01-06-2014 23:25

Totally agree cd. I can only remember a couple of restaurants now just from April ! By the time we have visited in September and November I would have totally forgotten what score was applicable to each.

Sparky 01-06-2014 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by its cd (Post 94984)
Problem is that if we can only vote once per year those of us that visit several times will have to wait until after our last visit before we can vote ..... Then sadly the results from our first visit of the year may be a distant memory ....

I understand what you are saying CD but a lot of our members do only have one visit per year. If you know you will visit more than once i don't think it's too much to ask you to wait before you register your final selection ;).

clareski 12-06-2014 22:05

Just returned from a fabulous holiday, my favourite restaurants from this visit:

1. Can Cuarassa (wonderful)
2. O'Lume (shame menu of the day was the same on both visits)
3. Osteria 15
4. Trio (amazing value)
5. Tiberi (excuse spelling)

Was disappointed by our meal at Tolos, the restaurant was packed, ordered paella and waited for 30 mins as to be expected, but the food was not as good as we would have liked, not hardly any meat or fish, and what looked like processed sausage! Also had to ask for our bill three times, staff very disorganised.

Would have liked to try other restaurants too but ran out of holiday. Maybe next time......

Sparky 12-06-2014 23:23

Thanks for voting Clareski, i have corrected the spelling for you ;).

mwc 13-06-2014 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by clareski (Post 95335)
Just returned from a fabulous holiday, my favourite restaurants from this visit:

1. Can Cuarassa (wonderful)
2. O'Lume (shame menu of the day was the same on both visits)
3. Osteria 15
4. Trio (amazing value)
5. Tiberi (excuse spelling)

Was disappointed by our meal at Tolos, the restaurant was packed, ordered paella and waited for 30 mins as to be expected, but the food was not as good as we would have liked, not hardly any meat or fish, and what looked like processed sausage! Also had to ask for our bill three times, staff very disorganised.

Would have liked to try other restaurants too but ran out of holiday. Maybe next time......

We have been to Tolos twice this visit & have to agree the service is chaotic to say the least. None of the waiting staff seem to know who's serving what table. Just don't see why they dont allocate certain sections/tables to each members of staff. Though food was good on both our visits.

Rosie34 18-06-2014 07:20

Top 5

If I could I would give my top 3 equal billing but as this is probably against the rules (:D):

1. Trio ( just good food and value)
2. Cellar la Parra - as above
3. Brisa Marina - also as above
4. Capri - lovely lunch setting
5. Los Faroles

Sparky 18-06-2014 08:56

I am afraid your vote for Il Giardino won't count Rosie, this thread is only for PP restaurants :).

Rosie34 18-06-2014 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 95514)
I am afraid your vote for Il Giardino won't count Rosie, this thread is only for PP restaurants :).

Thought it might be the case - I have removed it from the list:)

mike_dublin 18-06-2014 13:09

In laws back from PP. They ate in a bit as well, so here's their top 3

1. Stay
2. Cellar la Parra
3. Ca'n Josep

The visit to the Steak House is still playing on their mind ;)
"... I wouldn't recommend The Steak House even if it was the only restaurant on the Island of Mallorca ..."

Rosie34 18-06-2014 15:08

The visit to the Steak House is still playing on their mind
"... I wouldn't recommend The Steak House even if it was the only restaurant on the Island of Mallorca ..."

:D:D:D We were thinking of trying the Steak House as it always seemed to be busy and then I read your comment re horse meat, so quickly changed our minds - doesnt take much to put me off:)

mwc 23-06-2014 11:25

Scores as they stand so far:

1st. O'Lume - 18 points.
2nd. Ca'n Josep - 12 points.
Joint 3rd. Cellar La Parra - 8 points.
Joint 3rd. Stay - 8 points.
Joint 4th. Los Zarzales - 7 points.
Joint 4th. Osteria 15 - 7 points.

scotslizzy 07-07-2014 19:12

Top 5

1. La lonja
2.O'lume
3.Stay
4. Iru
5 Siller

copper 07-07-2014 22:07

Our top 5 for June visit

1 . Stay Still our No 1 One night set menu and one night a la carte Both
excellent

2 . La Cabana ( 1st visit for us ) Very fresh Tapas and just chose what we
wanted rather than stick to the menu ) Will definately revisit

3 Centric (Another 1st visit 2 visits and both very good food and service )

4 Osteria 15 New again for us ! Good food but not so good an evening as
huge storm before we went there so had to sit inside and seemed very
crowded and noisy So next visit will be on a good evening weather wise !

5 Tiberi and another new one ! Simple food cooked well ( great chips ! ) and
very pleasant service

We were determined this year we would try some new Restaurants for us and we did so we missed out on Can Josep Los Faroles Brisa Marina We certainly think PP has a better selection of Restaurants than anywhere else we visit during the year