Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Circulo Cultural (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/10308-circulo-cultural.html)

1999 25-08-2013 15:38

The Old Culteral move to Can Torrens was muted about this time last year and was allegedly in the hands of the legal boys.
It would be great to see Manola and his team back on the square.

Sparky 25-08-2013 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpm (Post 87814)
From what I was told last night, they might have some competition in the square soon. Seemingly the old Cultural is moving into Can Torrens which will be closing in a couple of weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey36 (Post 87818)
Is Can Torrens really closing? Anybody got any facts about this? I think a bit of detective work is needed -------Sparky over to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999 (Post 87820)
The Old Culteral move to Can Torrens was muted about this time last year and was allegedly in the hands of the legal boys.
It would be great to see Manola and his team back on the square.

This rumour was discussed on the forum 2 years ago when the "old" Bar Cultural closed, here is the link http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-cultural.html. I haven't heard anything recently but i guess we will have to wait and see ;).

pollensafan 25-08-2013 17:18

Juren, Agree with your post 100%. I posted much the same at the start of this thread. I'm out next week for 3 weeks and I am going to give it one more go (Glutton for punishment ).
It's such a shame as this was always my favourite place for a drink before we went off for the main event ( Food ).:)

gpm 26-08-2013 10:43

As I Was in Cultural last night watching the football, I asked Manola,s son if they were moving in to Can Torrens. Definitely by the end of September he said, then as he walked away said "maybe" . So there you have it, clear as mud!:)

Sparky 26-08-2013 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpm (Post 87839)
As I Was in Cultural last night watching the football, I asked Manola,s son if they were moving in to Can Torrens. Definitely by the end of September he said, then as he walked away said "maybe" . So there you have it, clear as mud!:)

LOL!!!, the locals do like to keep their options open don't they??? :D;).

Sparky 19-09-2013 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpm (Post 87814)
From what I was told last night, they might have some competition in the square soon. Seemingly the old Cultural is moving into Can Torrens which will be closing in a couple of weeks.

Just a quick update on this post. It is nearly 4 weeks since your post GPM and Can Torrens is still open ;).

Sunshinedrive 16-10-2013 08:00

Is cultural the place with the childens park opposite?? If so I love it there, it's sooooo mallorcan!

sws97sdg 16-10-2013 08:40

Yes, but the problem is that the service is sooooo slow!!, if you walk up from the square past the playground to the next road up you will find many more Spanish bars with much faster and friendlier service!

Lorenzo 16-10-2013 09:44

Ca'n Torrens & Circulo Cultural

We ate in Ca'n Torrens last week. Excellent Menu del Dia @10 euros per person with three courses, including water, wine, olives, bread and ali oli. The food was delicious and the service was nice and friendly.
I asked if they planned to remain in their current location and as mentioned above, the matter is still in the hands of the 'legal guys'.

On the other side of the square at the Circulo Cultural, we can only agree with comments above about the service being slow - and then at other times it is very good. :confused:

Sparky 16-10-2013 09:49

There has been a change at the Circulo Cultural.....one of the brothers (Pedro) has now opened and is running another bar in C/Juan XX111 :confused:.

Sunshinedrive 16-10-2013 15:14

I've never had any problems with service at circo cultural, the opposite infact, always found it Pleasent and interesting there. Also can watch out children playing on the park while we have a drinkypoos:-)

CathB 16-10-2013 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 89323)
There has been a change at the Circulo Cultural.....one of the brothers (Pedro) has now opened and is running another bar in C/Juan XX111 :confused:.

Called in to the new bar to meet friends before we came home.very good and he is hoping to to daily tapas during the winter. There is also a room at the back which is great for families with small children as it has a play area with toys etc.

Sunshinedrive 16-10-2013 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathB (Post 89331)
Called in to the new bar to meet friends before we came home.very good and he is hoping to to daily tapas during the winter. There is also a room at the back which is great for families with small children as it has a play area with toys etc.

Could you tell me where this new bar is c/Juan xx111? Thanks

littlejohn 17-10-2013 14:05

Not very good with directions but If you are heading up the road from the marina go past Eroski and bar Rumbo and Its the block between the pharmacy and the Micer shop..i think its a few doors away from the children's clothes shop..Cathb